OculusTack only works in Window Mode? (Unreal Engine Game)

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Dakor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

OculusTack only works in Window Mode? (Unreal Engine Game)

Post by Dakor »

Hi!
I'm currently working on getting Killing Floor to work with Vireio. (or to get Vireio working with KF).

And with some hacks I got pretty far! The only thing that bothers me, is that the HeadTracking (Oculus Track) only works in Window Mode of Killing Floor.
This is a Problem, because in Window Mode the Hitboxes of the Buttons (in the Menus) are where they would be in regular 2d mode and not where they are in 3dStereo Mode.
Switching to fullscreen the Hitboxes work fine, but I can only use my Mouse to control the cursor (The games uses an ingame mouse cursor in fullscreen mode, not the windows one)

So basically what I'm looking for is to enable OculusTrack (or any other tool that converts the Headtracker to Mouse-Momvement) globally. If I could' control the Mouse with the Headtracker always, and not only when Vireio thinks i'm ingame, it would work. ( i bet).

PS: Killing Floor is a wave based Survival shooter based on the Unreal 2.5 Engine, where you need to buy weapons between waves (in a limited time), because of this it is important you can buy with the rift on easily. Simulating the Mouse with Razer Hydra works fine in KF, so it must be possible to get the Head tracker working.

Thanks!

Edit: okay I found out, that the not rolling was caused by KillingFloor since it has no Title (just an empty String) Vireio did not find it.
It works pretty good in windowed mode now, but the issue with the mouse coordinates remains :(
I just noticed, using Vireio, Motion Creator 2 does not work anymore with KF in Fullscreen Mode. I don't know how MC2 works.. but probably an directX issue? :(
I tried opentrack, but in fullscreen mode Killing Floor just ignores it..
German blogger, enthusiast and developer.
Applemung
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: OculusTack only works in Window Mode? (Unreal Engine Gam

Post by Applemung »

Sooooo any updates???

Return to “Development / General Discussion”