Portal 2

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Portal 2

Post by lnrrgb »

Well now! I don't know why the wiki says Portal 2 Vireio support is "poor". Perhaps because the mental aspect of that game in general is somewhat already "dizzying", and once inside with the Rift, dizzying takes on a whole new meaning. Though in truth, I wasn't physically jarred. The mental twist that being in there, and trying to figure out the puzzle aspect...... whoa! DAMN!! That is jarring! At least for me!

But, I think the learning curve of getting Virieo up, and balanced with Portal 2, was easiest so far - and gave the best overall taste of what is to come - compared to what I've tested so far with Virieo. HL2 and I, never got in sync.

If this is "poor" then I cannot wait to get the other titles working. I am saying WOW right now!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Portal 2

Post by cybereality »

The reason I marked it as "poor" is because the settings needed for different levels changes. So on one level it will look good, then on the next level the 3D settings could be really extreme (or really low). If you don't mind having the re-adjust the settings every now and then, it's not so bad, but at times it can get uncomfortable to watch, and you may not notice right away.
lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by lnrrgb »

That will/would be a bummer. But I may not ever get that far. But it also might encourage me to finally sit down, and truly grasp these concepts, as somewhat recently explained in the wiki/shoct. I kinda futz my way through all this, w/o a working knowledge. Maybe I'll be forced to come to grips with what some have as second nature.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Read the guide! I promise, it will make a positive difference for you.

Here is the S-3D settings guide for standard 3D displays (not the Rift!). It even includes sample videos:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=98

Regards,
Neil
jcssk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jcssk »

I'm having an issue where the brightness appears to be really high but whenever I pick up and object like a cube it drops the brightness back down to normal any idea what could be causing this?

Return to “Development / General Discussion”