Battlefield 2142 Copyprotection

cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Battlefield 2142 Copyprotection

Post by cirk2 »

Hello,

due the new patch (1.50) Battlefield 2142 got widsceen resulution, so I want to try it with the Nvidia driver on my Zalman.

So long no real problems, to say its working ;)

But I got an other problem: When I run BF2142 without Administration Rights and with Compatibility mode turned off it crashes after 10-30mins of gamplay, frezing my whole pc.

I read the problem is fixed when you run it with Administration Rights and with Compatibility mode for XP. But then the copy protection doesn't find my (orginal) game disk...

Battlefield is using SaveDisc 4 does anybody know if there is an patch for the driver or so?
(There is currently no No-CD crack for 1.50 at gamecopyworld.com)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I was reading somewhere that the new Nvidia driver has a bug when certain messaging windows popup while you are in a fullscreen game. This could cause the computer to freeze or blue screen with that "nv4...whatever.dll" BSOD. So most likely what is happening is that BF2142 is trying to elevate to admin permissions and the Vista UAC window popup is what causes the crash. You may be able to just disable UAC as a workaround.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

ok I'll give it a try
DarcSchnider
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Battlefield 2142 Copyprotection

Post by DarcSchnider »

I had the same problem, but in my case it was that I changed hardware and needed to delete my bf2142 directory from my user profile which had bad info in it after that I did not need to run in xp compatible mode.

What depth and rought convergence did you have it set on? I can some what get mine working if I set depth to min 3 bars.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

you could try by replacing your exe with a cracked one. (remember to make a backup of the original one) IF YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL DISC then this hint is totally LEGAL. don't do it if you dont have teh original game.. :D
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

...I'm afraid that I must inform you that none can have an "original". They are copies, legal copies in this case.
Or, well, we can redefine the word original. At the end, the meaning of the words is just a convention.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”