Forth Dimension's second Replicating Reality concept

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Forth Dimension's second Replicating Reality concept

Post by yuriythebest »

Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Forth Dimension's second Replicating Reality concept

Post by android78 »

Did anyone cross their eyes while looking at the screens in the background of the image? Seems quite a nice amount of depth!
Sorry, not cross eyed... I mean parallel eyes (look past the picture). Sorry.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

android78 wrote:Did anyone cross their eyes while looking at the screens in the background of the image? Seems quite a nice amount of depth!
Sorry, not cross eyed... I mean parallel eyes (look past the picture). Sorry.
I tried looking at it crosseyed but it didn't work cause it's in parallel and I can't see in parallel - I have no idea how to "look past" the picture or what that means- my eyes just merge the 2 pictures automatically
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Seems cool but not really much better than what members on this forum have already created.
drkim
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by drkim »

This demo was @ 1280 x 1024 but "...the company has also recently prototyped a similarly sized screen at QXGA resolutions of 2048 x 1536..." :woot
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

drkim wrote:This demo was @ 1280 x 1024 but "...the company has also recently prototyped a similarly sized screen at QXGA resolutions of 2048 x 1536..." :woot
http://gizmodo.com/5894181/this-tiny-di ... e-new-ipad
Cramming a QXGA display with a resolution of 2048x1526 into a device as small as the iPad might seem like an impressive accomplishment. But Forth Dimension Displays have managed to squeeze that same number of pixels into a display that's smaller than an inch.

And since Apple claims that it's impossible for the human eye to discern individual pixels on their Retina Displays, you might wonder what's the point of having so many pixels on such a tiny display unless you intend to hold it right up to your eye. But that's exactly what they've been designed for.

Forth Dimension Displays is hoping to revolutionize near-to-eye microdisplay hardware, like virtual reality goggles that have so far been a disappointment thanks to their low-resolution displays that don't exactly draw you into the action. In fact, by next year they're hoping to have a high-end gaming accessory on the market using the hi-res displays which would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,500 to $2,000. And if more OEMs started adopting the company's technology, that price would certainly drop over time
NOW THIS IS EPIC!!!!!!!!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Sweet. I hope this comes true. I just got the new iPad and the resolution is phenomenal. I can only image that res on the HMD.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

But Forth Dimension Displays have managed to squeeze that same number of pixels into a display that's smaller than an inch.
:roll:

More 45 degree low FOV displays...yawn.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”