HeadPlay and 3D Photo/Video ?

3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

HeadPlay and 3D Photo/Video ?

Post by 3dvison »

I know the headplay has no new support, but is there still a way to view 3D pictures and video with it ? I have a Fuji W3 and was wondering if there is some type of pagefliping mode in any of the stereoplayer programes that would work with the headplay ?
Or does it come with software, even if it is very old, that can still be used to view pictures and video ?
This would be for pictures and video only,no gaming. So even an old windows XP computer setup just for use with the Headplay would be fine. Can the Headplay make a good picture/video viewer ?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: HeadPlay and 3D Photo/Video ?

Post by cybereality »

Well if you have an old PC, you should be able to use the Stereoscopic Player in Nvidia mode.
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

Hi cybereality,
Yea I see the stereoplayer has a page flip mode.
In "page flip setup" the choices are ( Win3D, Nvidia, openGL, 3D vison ).

So is page flip what the headplay works with ? If so one of those choices should work, even on a new Windows 7 PC...? Right ?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

It won't work on a new PC because Nvidia only allows their glasses to work.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Thats what everyone said about the Z800... only, that turns out to be incorrect!

3dvision, I actually started another thread asking if anyone actually has tried the same steps I did to get my Z800 going with 3D Vision on the Headplay, but I haven't really had much response. Therefore, I still don't know if Headplay is, or is not compatible with 3D Vision. I cannot dismiss the possibility that it may well work if it supports a stereoscopic flipping mode, as my Z800 shows up as a generic device. If you have a Headplay already, take a look at my 3D Vision + Z800 thread, and try following the same steps (crucial bit is probably making the Headplay/Z800 the primary monitor. Please let me know if you have any success, as if you do, I'll buy a Headplay to add to my my VR stable :)

@ CyberReality: that doesn't seem to be true, at least with the latest Nvidia drivers. Since the Z800 shows a 'generic 3d monitor' mode when connected as a primary, its quite possible that other pageflip display devices will work using this same 'generic' mode.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Interesting. I could be wrong.
3dvison
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by 3dvison »

Hi WiredEarp,
Do you need the Nvidia 3D vision kit and the emitter to get it working on your Emagin Z800 ? I know the emitter is not needed for the Emagin Z800, but does it need to be hooked up for the Nvidia 3D vision to activate and work correctly ?
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Heya 3dvision... yep, i'm pretty sure you need the 3D Vision 'dongle' emitter to get it to work, despite it not needing the glasses. Otherwise, you will only get the 3D Vision Discover red/blue option in the Nvidia options.

For those who don't have 3D Vision hardware, I believe i've read in another thread here about a 3D Vision emulator, that may let you activate without needing the dongle.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”