Not expensive way to 3D ?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Marcer
One Eyed Hopeful

Not expensive way to 3D ?

Post by Marcer »

Hi , im new to the 3D , I just comed to see Harry potter and the deathly hallows in RealD 3D and I loved that , then is it possible to have 3D for Home in color (not with red cyan glasses ) with mirror or others for home use(like blu-ray 3D) and that is not expensive like the 3D TV or the 3D screen
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Not expensive way to 3D ?

Post by cybereality »

The cheapest thing is of course the paper red/cyan glasses (which I send out for free). This will work with games, and even movies and video (blu-ray 3D). The quality is not the best, but its cheap and will work with your existing monitor/tv. There is also my DIY parallax barrier project, but its really only useful for smaller monitors and does not work for Blu-Ray 3D unless you rip then into a side-by-side file. I mean, the 3D on the parallax barrier does look decent considering the price, but it only works for one viewer and can be difficult to setup. You could try some prism glasses, which will give you full color 3D, but they will waste a lot of space of the screen ( http://www.berezin.com/3d/3dprism.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). This is similar to just free-viewing (ie cross-eye, parallel) but made easier on the eyes. This would probably be the best quality since its full color and not interleaved, but the image might be smaller and it could be uncomfortable to wear for long periods.

Once you want to get into real 3D equipment it starts to get more expensive. There is a Vizio 32" 3D HDTV that sells for around $500 ( http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-Class-Theat ... B004T1YAEI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). Thats probably the cheapest thing out there in terms of HDTVs that will support Blu-Ray 3D and the modern HDMI 1.4a standard. If you just want something for your computer room, you can get the LG D2342P-PN for under $300 ( http://www.amazon.com/LG-D2342P-PN-23-I ... 004WK3R4U/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). If you have an Nvidia card and a little more money then getting a 120Hz 3D Vision monitor will yield better quality, but that starts to get closer to $500 ( http://www.amazon.com/VG236H-23-Inch-Mo ... 003V4AK2K/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ).

Hope that helps.
Marcer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marcer »

ok , but what do you mean by configure the barrier
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well the parallax barrier is not an easy project. I am looking into finding an easier method but I just haven't had much time. Basically you have to customize it specifically for each display, which can be time consuming. I must have made something like 50 to 100 attempts before I could the perfect pattern. So while each sheet is relatively cheap (a few dollars) all the experimentation can get expensive. Hopefully sometime soon I will find a better method.
Marcer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marcer »

if not does the prism glasses can be used for blu ray
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Marcer wrote:if not does the prism glasses can be used for blu ray
Not directly, but if you rip the movies into side-by-side then they can be used with the Stereoscopic Player.
Marcer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marcer »

superb , i going to rip my avatar blu-ray 3d
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Marcer wrote:superb , i going to rip my avatar blu-ray 3d
You can do that with DVDFab:
http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-3d-ripper.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marcer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marcer »

Thanks , im ripping it , can I view the Blu-ray 3D with the cross-eyed method ?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Make it side-by-side right eye image first.
Of curiosity: Is the default stereoformat for 3d-blurays framesequential?

Edit: Mismatch. :P
Last edited by Likay on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Marcer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marcer »

That's superb , I watching Avatar in cross-eyed that works !
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Likay wrote: Of curiosity: Is the default stereoformat for 3d-blurays framesequential?
Blu-Ray 3D uses the MVC codec, which stores both left and right video streams compressed together.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”