Gimpel3D released as freeware..

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
ReneGimpel
One Eyed Hopeful

Gimpel3D released as freeware..

Post by ReneGimpel »

Hi-

I am an independent stereo researcher and I recently released my work on conversion as a freeware product:

http://www.Gimpel3D.com

I am not a vendor or company (I am one reclusive nerd working from home), I don't have any advertising or "marketing" plan (obviously, the software is free) so I thought I would tell people directly.

I appreciate your time, if you can please spare a few minutes to look at the information I believe you may be interested...if you like it please feel free to pass it on, the software is free for personal and commercial use and I believe some people may be legitimately interested in seeing it.

(that said, I'm not exactly pushing it on the market, I just want to share my work with the world :)

Thanks either way, any response is always appreciated-
-René Gimpel
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Gimpel3D released as freeware..

Post by Neil »

Got your email!

Story and thread are here: http://mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=13488" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Neil
ReneGimpel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ReneGimpel »

Thanks Neil, I'm excited to see what people come up with, all I've really seen so far are my tests..

I could possibly add support for other displays in the future (shutter glasses, etc.), I was intrigued by the notice about the lenticular overlays for LCD screens (I saw it in the forum), I think that might be a neat solution for lots of applications..
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

This looks like really nice work. Thanks so much for releasing this for the community.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”