Silicon Image Introduces 300MHz Port Processors/Transmiter

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Silicon Image Introduces 300MHz Port Processors/Transmiter

Post by Fredz »

Silicon Image Introduces 300MHz Port Processors and Transmitter Supporting HDMI®1.4a

Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG), a leading provider of wired and wireless HD connectivity solutions, today announced two port processors, the SiI9587-3 and SiI9589-3, and the SiI9136-3 HDMI transmitter—all supporting HDMI® 1.4a with 300MHz speeds. Next-generation consumer electronics (CE) products – such as 4Kx2K DTVs, 4Kx2K camcorders, and 3D gaming systems – are expected to support 300MHz HDMI interfaces to transmit and display the latest 4K content and high frame-rate 1080p full HD 3D games.

Source : Business Wire

Yes, this means support for 1080p at 60Hz per eye on 3D displays over HDMI if you wondered... ;)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Silicon Image Introduces 300MHz Port Processors/Transmit

Post by cybereality »

Finally. Thats what I'm talking about. Funny thing, I probably will still buy the 720P projector I had my eyes on.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Silversurfer »

cybereality wrote:Finally. Thats what I'm talking about. Funny thing, I probably will still buy the 720P projector I had my eyes on.
Same here, I had my eye on this one, Acer H5360BD - Colorboost 3D, http://www.projectorshop24.co.uk/acer-p ... froogle_uk
What do you think? It a 720 p projector or I go back to the Samsung 1080p 3d 32 inch LED, http://www.johnlewis.com/231209827/Prod ... ViewedList

I can make my mind up?
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

-this resolution freakshow hurts pc gaming like no other.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

SilverSurfer, I think it mainly depends on your usage. If you have enough space for a projector, I'd say go for it. Even in 2D it's leagues away from a 32" TV (which I also own) in terms of immersion, and In 3D it's even greater. And the Samsung LED are not supposed to be the best bang for the buck in 3D TVs, a lot more ghosting than anything out there. DLP projectors are on a different planet.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

@Silversurfer: Yes, that Acer H5360BD is the one I have my eyes one. Seemed to get decent reviews from people on AVS (though some said it was too bright in 2D, no problem for me as I want 3D only). There is no US release date, but I will just save money in the meantime.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Too bright in 2D ? Don't they know they can modify the brightness or use the ECO mode ?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Fredz wrote:Too bright in 2D ? Don't they know they can modify the brightness or use the ECO mode ?
Yes, it doesn't make sense to me either, but at least 2 people said that. Overall people seem to be happy with it, and the original model got rave reviews from most users.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”