MTBS Newsletter!

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS Newsletter!

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

I need your input.

I'm getting some feedback that an MTBS newsletter would be a good idea. Would you be willing to post what kind of newsletter would be useful to you?

Here are some questions:

1. Do you want it on the website, via private email, or both?
2. What type of content is important to you?
3. How often would you want a newsletter?
4. What would you like to see that would make this newsletter different from the others?
5. Anyone interested in contributing as well?

All input and ideas are welcome.

Please post your responses HERE.

Thanks in advance,
Neil 8)
Last edited by Neil on Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
tomruman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tomruman »

Hi !
1. both, email and web
2. hardware - all for 3D, dlp projectors certification (we can do it :), drivers.
3. 1/week should be sufficient, and extra ones if something important is going on
4. make nice logo/banner, something professional and good looking. (easy to say... i know :D )

cheers!
tomruman

ps. please change this <---"one eyed...", its insulting for an old 3d warrior :D :lol:
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Tomruman!

Thanks for your recommendations!

We can do hardware - but we have to be careful here.

When you read through the FAQ section of the website, I explained that we would not be doing S-3D hardware reviews. I purposely said that because I didn't want to put myself in a conflict of interest. For example, until other sponsors jump on board, iZ3D has been the only hardware people see advertised on this site. It's a tough position to defend.

However, maybe we can do something on how to get specific hardware to look its best? Tips and tricks on cutting down ghosting, or profiling unique member setups. We can discuss hardware outside of just S-3D too! We should brainstorm this.

Go to the Advocacy section in "Member Benefits" - we have multiple signature options there, and you can make your own with our transparent version.

You don't like being a "One Eyed Hopeful"? Well, in just fifty posts, you will go up in rank. :D

Regards,
Neil
scarab
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by scarab »

Hi neil.

1. web
2. all about S-3D :)
3. I think every day is ok. If you get some Information just write it into the newsletter.
4. It would be the first newletter about S-3D. :D
RAZOR3D SHUTTER GLASSES @ NEC Diamond Pro 930SB(19" CRT) @ 6600GT
InCytE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by InCytE »

For #3 I would have to say at the most once a month or even quarterly. If it's too often then the content gets watered down to the point of being SPAM. With news letters, less is more, in that less frequent but more content. Then people will be excited and look forward to receiving it.

I would like to think I could contribute, but I?m really just a nuckhead that came across S-3D a few years back and have been having fun with it ever since (when I have the time to fiddle with things).
Neil

Post by Neil »

I have to agree. I like something scheduled, and sometimes less is more.

What could a newsletter like this offer that others don't?

Regards,
Neil
InCytE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by InCytE »

How about offering sponsors space to advertise/promote their products? But make sure that readers understand that it is advertising, not MTBS3D supported/recommended. It would be nice to get a game list with their certification rating, but I know there are issues with this unless the publisher agrees. A trouble shoot/work around section, tip of the XXX (month/quarterly) to improve stability, gaming experience, etc. Announcements of new game profiles submitted by members. Any press releases that come up. An invitation to the ?hottest? topic currently on the forum.
I know a lot of this can be found on the site, but it does not hurt to bring it to member?s attention in case they missed it. Also the ?movers and shakers? will eventually want to see there company name on the letter especially as subscription increases.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I've been toying with the idea of releasing the settings via the newsletter in email only. That way, there is still demand for making the much larger online certification database public.

It would not be reflective of a certification result - just the settings we found that make the game look its best.

Heck, I could even use the input from our users in our forums, and put it out as the newsletter.

I'd keep the number of games in the newletter down to a modest number. Say 5% of the latest round of findings in each newsletter? Something to show what we have accumulated in our library?

It would not be reflective of certification, but it would help our members.

What do you think?

Neil
InCytE
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by InCytE »

That should work nicely. It gives good info for us members but does not P-off the game people.
Neil

Post by Neil »

And I think it will give you all something to fight for. I'm hopeful that would demonstrate the value of what we are doing here, and get some more participation in the advocacy sections.

The copy is getting updated based on some feedback I have received - do you have any ideas for the advocacy sections (see Member Benefits).

All input valued.

Regards,
Neil
RTsa
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RTsa »

-Information on game compability (new & possibly old)
Neil

Post by Neil »

The first newsletter is up! Check it out in the news section.

Regards,
Neil
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Nice. Thx for sharing. I think You're right about the games and the movies industri approaching each other. The 4D chair sound fun :P
winlonghorn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winlonghorn »

scarab wrote:Hi neil.

1. web
2. all about S-3D :)
3. I think every day is ok. If you get some Information just write it into the newsletter.
4. It would be the first newletter about S-3D. :D
I have to agree with you! Web is best and everything about S-3D. I have another idea as well! Why not add S-3D logos and pictures into the newsletter? That would be cool to look at in 3D. :)

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”