Hello from Lemon land

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
R9Lemon
One Eyed Hopeful

Hello from Lemon land

Post by R9Lemon »

HI just wanted to say hi. this is my second post.
My goal is to find efficient ways in authoring 3D animation material onto 3D TV's :)
any tips are most welcome!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Hello from Lemon land

Post by cybereality »

Hello lemon! Creating stereo movies with a 3d package is not that hard, but may take a lot of practice to get right. What package do you use?
R9Lemon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by R9Lemon »

Hi CR, and thanks for the reply and time.

I'm using 3ds max 2008 64bit on Win Xp Pro 64.
I am using a Quadro 4600, with the latest driver for 3DS max performance.

From what I have been reading, there seems to be many ways in going about this from rendering tchniques to output techniques to final display. So I'm trying to sort out an great and efficient pipeline for S3D production before I invest in software and displays.

Basically in nutshell I want to render my scenes and create a good S3D format and be able to display on typical 3D TVs (like Panasonic or Samsung), or a large 3D monitor.

Your orginal reply to my question was very helpful. Is this the only method? Are there better and/or lower cost methods.
Any links that you may know of that address my questions are most welcome.

Cheers R
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I found this plug-in, might be worth a look:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/render-3d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You would want to output as 2 files and then use something like Stereo Movie Maker to combine them into a side-by-side 3D video.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”