New NVIDIA Vist Beta Out

CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

Can someone without a Zalman confirm whether this driver actually does or does not support anaglyph?

Because it doesn't do anything for me except the medical test image. And there is only so much fun to be had looking at a small square in front of a larger square.

It has a groupbox at the bottom that says "3D Stereo Display Type".
In that groupbox there are two things. On the left is a text label that says "Anaglyph (red/blue glasses)". On the right is an image of plastic anaglyph glasses.

There is no way of selecting a display type.

When I run any program, including the test application, it says "Only anaglyph stereo is allowed for this display" and shows it in mono.

IS THIS NORMAL???
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

No, thats not normal, Carl. Maybe the Stereo3D Entry in your registry is not right. It could help to delete the whole entry and reinstall the Stereo3d Driver.

BTW: What is shown for the zalman users in the Stereo3d controlpanel. For me its of course only anaglyph with that glasses. Does it show A Zalman monitor?
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

I have no Zalman anything and it works perfectly in anaglyph. I don't dare use shutter because of my LCD's 60hz refresh rate. I'd rather not have migranes thank you very much! But yeah, it works perfectly on my Samsung Syncmaster.
QX6700 ~ ASUS Striker Extreme mobo ~ 4GB GSkill RAM DDR800 ~ eVGA GeForce 8800GTX SC Ed. ~ 850W PSU ~ 3TB HDD Space ~ ED Glasses+Anaglyph
mrmazola
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mrmazola »

I'm using vista home premium 64 bit, no zalman monitor just trying to get anaglyph mode to work (i know these are 32bit drivers but theres no harm in trying)

Driver installs ok, interface opens and shows anaglyph mode, but the test image & nvidia logo zoom in/out thingy are not dispalyed in anaglyph, its just displayed as normal (ie a flat image).

Just thought I'd pass the info on as maybe the previous posters who are failing to get anaglyph mode working are also using 64 bit vista.

Hopefufully they are working on the 64bit driver at the moment, in the meantime if anyone has got anaglyph mode working under 64 bit vista please let us know how.
Sebmaster
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sebmaster »

sry for my bad english but i'm german:)

Has anyone got crysis in anaglyph mode without a zalman in 3D?

The nVidia driver says I should play it in DX9 with obeject quality etc. on low... But I can't get it to work. It shows always in mono...

Anyone who got it?

greetz
Sebmaster
Last edited by Sebmaster on Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffie433
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jeffie433 »

Same issue here regarding crysis. Everything separates severely and all objects except for the sky have turned a muted dark green....

I use BFG 8800 OC and vista32
Sebmaster
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sebmaster »

Jeffie433 wrote:Same issue here regarding crysis. Everything separates severely and all objects except for the sky have turned a muted dark green....

I use BFG 8800 OC and vista32
what did you do and whichforceware du you have?

i don't have that. nothing happens. the sky is blue the grass green... no color's changing

what have i made wrong?
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

Tested the new C&C3 Kane's Wrath full game and the stereo is bad. 5/10 at best. Menu interface is doubled as is the mouse. Stereo separation is isn't that good as well. Completely DOES NOT compare to Company of Heroes, as if to use that game as my high point for strategy games in 3D.
QX6700 ~ ASUS Striker Extreme mobo ~ 4GB GSkill RAM DDR800 ~ eVGA GeForce 8800GTX SC Ed. ~ 850W PSU ~ 3TB HDD Space ~ ED Glasses+Anaglyph
Sebmaster
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sebmaster »

Now i know why I have no 3D...

I only had the Beta 5 version... now downloading RC1

greetz
Sebmaster
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

For the games that are getting good results, can you post images in our gallery?

Thanks in advance,
Neil
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

If I post screens, they get taken as a .jps, right? I would just rename the extention to .jpg and it would be ok?
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Yes. Just rename to .JPG.

Regards,
Neil
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

Has anyone tried this driver on 64bit Vista? It has a 32bit emulator in it which can run 32bit programs.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

RC1 on Vista X64:

Tried it and what can i say? It works!
What i have done is: installed beta 174.70 drivers and Stereodriver RC1 from mtbs3d´s download section.

That´s it!

Tested on Vista x64 Business with Geforce 7800 GTX.

If only i would know how to activate shutterglasses again. The Code for support for the Glasses is in the driver. Looked into it with a hex-editor.
Maybe what is needed is the right viewertype ID for the registry. If you enter 800000001 into the registry entry it shows shutterglasses in the controlpanel. Maybe the code for support is out commented in the driver.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

VadersApp wrote: If you enter 800000001 into the registry entry it shows shutterglasses in the controlpanel. Maybe the code for support is out commented in the driver.
Is there a way to "decompile" the driver and reove the comment marks (if it is so)? or at least read out the comments, and then make an dll injection...
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

Comments aren't compiled into the code. The compiler ignores them completely when generating code. So any code that was commented out will be completely missing.
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
3Dward
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dward »

3Dward wrote:
There's this new feature which sound like a fix for the text problem, at least this seems to be a logical generic solution to this problem :

CTRL F9 - F10 now call a command called "Cutoff near depth" .
In case, like me, someone was still thinking this doesn't work :
Just press Ctrl+F10 once, then alt tab to desktop and back to game, this restarts the graphic engine and the first layer will no longer be splitted.

Now all those games with missing interface just work perfectly !
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

So, when do you guys reckon the Zalman screens will get a price drop?
3Dward
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dward »

There was a small drop last week, now may be it's just my wholesaler..
micronaut
One Eyed Hopeful

XP possible?

Post by micronaut »

Does anybody think there is any likelyhood of an xp version, or a modded xp version?

This is the expected kick in the teeth from nvidia, but it still feels harsh on the day :'(

A small step of progress in the long battle towards 3D gaming...
CraziFuzzy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by CraziFuzzy »

The real kick in the teeth is the lack of support for the best stereo technologies. I'll never understand why companies remove old features in new versions of software, but this is yet another case of that. I've got shutterglasses that I've been using on my CRT for 5+ years, and can't use them with this ne driverset. I have, what I believe to be, the single greatest 3D display (Samsung HL-T6189S), and again, nothing with this driver.

But hey, at least if I keep using my 2 year old stereo drivers, they work!

Pathetic...
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

its like hang time nvidia said they have plans to support other hardware and iz3d beta is coming out soon.
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Two years and they show us this driver... It´s really patetic, yes. I have no hope to see nvidia supporting shutterglasses, planar, or any other types in the future. They have sold us for a few dollars to Zalman because they love $. It´s like the battle in Bravehearth when the King order the archers to throw the arrows to kill enemies fighting with friends, only because it is a "good way" to win the battle (we supposelly are the friends, no?... I´m not sure, but I have some arrows just in my ass).
b4thman

Re: New NVIDIA Vist Beta Out

Post by b4thman »

Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”