S3D on Geforce8 (Update: works with >= 177.79 XP 32)

AlFitz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AlFitz »

It didn't work for my Edimensional wired glasses, and I followed the instructions carefully, however I do own an 8800GT so maybe thats it.

Games I tried before giving up - Rfactor (BSOD and automatic reboot), S.T.A.L.K.E.R - very erm black! (eventual auto reboot) SOF II (error before program launch). These games used to work well with my old 7800GTX by the way.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

I am surprised about the feedback now. I thought that it was commonly known that 8800 gtx work but with artefacts.

For me it works since first testing after i bought the geforce 8800 gtx nearly one and a half year ago. I found out while playing oblivion that it is possible to eliminate the artefacts ingame with using nhancers aa supersampling and with its profile for for oblivion aa compatibilty mode. So i tried this configuration with other games. Tataa it worked :)

Feedback wasnt as much as i thought, so i began to think that interest isnt so big because its not what you can tell a stable working solution we all awaited by nvidia. As i learned that nvidias new driver will be zalman only i was motivated to search for an alternative that is working for everybody. Thanks to my wife that she didn´t kill me that long testing weekend, because i left the dark room only to get some food and a beer :wink:

In this thread i posted my findings http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=360&highlight= :shock: It was in May 2007. I searched for a working solution for the Game "Lord of the rings Online". Maybe I should wrote it in bold letters that it was for a Geforce 8800GTX :shock:

By the way: It seems that Nvidia took out the code for other than zalman solution with 174.XX drivers. Because i wasn´t able yet to get any of the beta versions to work.

@ RAGEdemon: Thanx for the nice words :)

@ Neil: Yep, its the old known drop down menu.

@ AlFitz: Have you tried the medical test image? Does it work or do you get blue/blackscreen? Do you forced vsync on in nhancers global options? Be sure that in nhancers Game profiles Rfactor and Stalker have forced vsync on, too.

Edit: Found a way to get the old control panel back in vista32. I also found a way to to choose shutterglasses but when activating S3d its anaglyph. It is possible by tweaking the registry. There is an entry for StereoDisplayID that holds the id of the display. Every entry i made has been overwritten after starting S3D. Would be good to know the id of the Zalman devices.

Maybe one of the proud owners will have a look in the registry and post the id?
It is found in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D

To stop the driver to overwrite the Id it is possible to change the rights for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D. Tried it and was able to see medical test image without anaglyph but also without flickering.

Found information about different viewer types in NvSterCP.dll. All the old ones are there and also some new one. So there is hope :)
A.J.
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by A.J. »

I tried it on 8800 Ultra but unfortunately there's too many artifacts. NHancer didn't help with this. Anyway, well done for getting it working on gtx! :)
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

A.J. wrote:I tried it on 8800 Ultra but unfortunately there's too many artifacts. NHancer didn't help with this. Anyway, well done for getting it working on gtx! :)
If it works for you without blue/blackscreen it should be no problem to eliminate the artefacts.

Be sure that there is no profile active for you desired Game.
Set aupersampling AA on 4X4!
Be sure that u are using Oblivion AA compatibility mode.
The profiles cant be changed without further tricks. So it may be possible that for your desired game another AA mode is active.

To solve the problem with existing profile make a new one connect it to the exe and delete the path in the original one. After this process you will be able to change the settings, especially for the aa compatiblity mode.

An Ultra should be the same as a gtx as its only overclocked
Speedy_M
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Speedy_M »

VadersApp wrote:I am surprised about the feedback now. I thought that it was commonly known that 8800 gtx work but with artefacts.

For me it works since first testing after i bought the geforce 8800 gtx nearly one and a half year ago. I found out while playing oblivion that it is possible to eliminate the artefacts ingame with using nhancers aa supersampling and with its profile for for oblivion aa compatibilty mode. So i tried this configuration with other games. Tataa it worked :)

Feedback wasnt as much as i thought, so i began to think that interest isnt so big because its not what you can tell a stable working solution we all awaited by nvidia. As i learned that nvidias new driver will be zalman only i was motivated to search for an alternative that is working for everybody. Thanks to my wife that she didn´t kill me that long testing weekend, because i left the dark room only to get some food and a beer :wink:

In this thread i posted my findings http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=360&highlight= :shock: It was in May 2007. I searched for a working solution for the Game "Lord of the rings Online". Maybe I should wrote it in bold letters that it was for a Geforce 8800GTX :shock:
Yes, it's a strange story about 3DStereo support for the 8xxx cards. When I've read about no working solution for these cards I decided to wait for buying one until NVidia is able to provide a working driver. I've checked here regulary because I thought this would be a remarkable - and therefore well announced event. But nothing - until I 'stumbled' over this thread. I took the risk of buying this card and was rewarded :)...

The image quality isn't bad - there are no artefacts left (when applying SuperSampling and using the Oblivion AA compatibility mode). But fine horizontal or vertical lines (or small details) don't appear at all or are displayed too bold. This issue hurts the overall athmospere of the 3D world by some degree.

I think at least this solution should work for every 8800GTX or ULTRA card. If you aren't successful with these cards, maybe we could sort the reasons out together if you post your results:

e.g.

- medicinal test working: Y/N/Crashing?
- NVidia test app working: Y/N/Crashing?
- Game results (BSOD, black screen...)?

One tip again: if your machine crashes when you activate Stereo mode with CTRL-T, you should try to activate Stereo View permanently. This solved the blue screens on my (dual core) machine.

When there are at least two systems working ok, I think there are big chances for having success on other machines too!

Hope there will be more systems soon...

Martin
Thaban
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Thaban »

*yay* it works on my system too!
Followed the guide exactly (some creative modding of a DVI->VGA converter involved :wink: ). S3D with EDim wired shutter glasses on a 8800GTS and C2D winXP machine!
Its not perfect, and trying to use NVidia render mode in S3D movie players and immage viewers doesnt work at all. But the Nvidia test program works, medical test works and World of warcraft works perfectly, still have to try a lot of other games though. Will post results of my tests when i have found the time to do some more.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Yeah! Then its proven that it also works for other than 8800 GTX, too :)

Another Test:

Installed Version 173.68 Beta from http://www.station-drivers.com/page/nvi ... ceware.htm

These ones are working and of cource newer than 171.XX.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Is that gts 512mb or 340? I will try this on my gt tonight. Also can you confirm that the vga pin mod is absolutely necessary?
Okta

Post by Okta »

Although i didnt do the pin mod because i could find my adapter the result was the same as before. Black screens and crashes. This does not work with the 8800gt.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I've tried this driver combo and i unlike before i don't get any crashes while using it. I don't need to do that "pin"-thingy since i for some reason always could use the 162.50-stereo with my projectors anyway. (I have two vga-tv-converters between the graphiccard and the beamers and maybe that's it). However in dual-vga i don't get any sync at all. Only a lot of flicker like left and right is shifted several times a second on both the projectors. What i also can see is that i still have those black blotchy artifacts when running stereo just as before.So far i've only tried Tombraider Anniversary. Just running this game with nvidiastereo/8800GTX before caused a hard crash if i don't remember wrong. Altering the aa-compability in nhancer doesn't seems to do anything specific to this game. Need to do some more tests with more games before i keep this config or go back to my trusty 7900GT.

Ps: Tried it with dual vga and the projector rig. The behavior of the outputs of the card is like shutters are choosed as stereotype. Only a slight guess though.

Oh, by the way: Really great tweaking here Vadersapp! It does give an improvement to what i had before but i still need to get time to test some more. Return later with more results.

cheers
Last edited by Likay on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
alcovitch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alcovitch »

So you have to modify your cable pins in order to get Stereo3D with an 8000 series card? Count me out. I'm not about to start pulling pins and modding hardware just to get 3Dstereo to work. This is not an ideal solution. Untill there is a driver I can install and simply load games in 3D like before, I'm done with 3D.
Okta

Post by Okta »

alcovitch wrote:So you have to modify your cable pins in order to get Stereo3D with an 8000 series card? Count me out. I'm not about to start pulling pins and modding hardware just to get 3Dstereo to work. This is not an ideal solution. Untill there is a driver I can install and simply load games in 3D like before, I'm done with 3D.
If you read some of the posts it seems some have had success without the pin mod. I guess you are not very keen to try 3d, i have an 8800gt and this doesnt work so im even considering buying a gts just to try this out.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Thaban wrote:*yay* it works on my system too!
Followed the guide exactly (some creative modding of a DVI->VGA converter involved :wink: ). S3D with EDim wired shutter glasses on a 8800GTS and C2D winXP machine!
Its not perfect, and trying to use NVidia render mode in S3D movie players and immage viewers doesnt work at all. But the Nvidia test program works, medical test works and World of warcraft works perfectly, still have to try a lot of other games though. Will post results of my tests when i have found the time to do some more.
There are 2 types of gts, the 340/620 and the 512. Could you please specify which one you have?
AlFitz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AlFitz »

Doesnt look like it works for the G92 chipset 8000 series for shutter glasses. In response to an earlier posting, I had vsync on in nhancer and the CP and I had a black screen in the test, forcing a manual reboot. I did do the adapter trick as well but to no avail.

Still I do have a bit of hope for nVidia solving the problem.
maxthreat
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maxthreat »

O.M.G. I’m about to cry. I just played Heros of Might and Magic in S-3D for about an hour. This is the first time I have seen S-3D since November 15th 2006 when I got my 8800gtx. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can’t believe it’s been so long. This method worked perfect for me without the pin mod. The power of this GPU is so amazing, Might and Magic @ 2048x1536 4x4ssAA 16AF running well over 45FPS. I had almost pulled out of gaming, it’s so hard to have something as great as S-3D and then to have it taken away for so long. It’s like using a 32” monitor and then being told the biggest your allowed to use is 17”, it becomes not even worth it. I guess also thank you Nvidia but mostly and almost completely thank this site and all of it’s members.
Gigabyte P45-UD3R / GO Q6600 3.6Ghz H2o
Corsair 4Gb Dominator 1066 / EvgaGTX280 / TrackIR
X-Fi FPS/5.1 Logitech Z-5500 and a Buttkicker.
wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by wuhlei »

ok I tried the medical test the screen turned black then blue. :? how do I block the pin with the dvi to vga adapter?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
phanta007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by phanta007 »

Hi, I`m new here. i bought me a pair of shutterglasses and a 8800gtx. i installed alll the driver but don`t get the reg edit right.

could somebody explain me how to edit the reg or post a picture of the reg and how it should look. because the video on station 6 is turned off.

ty
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
phanta007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by phanta007 »

yes, ty.
but for me it seems i only get a double image. and the medical test is like the old 3d book by disney.
PortableGoogle
One Eyed Hopeful

DLP 3d

Post by PortableGoogle »

Is it possible to get this to work with 8800gtx in sli on a samsung dlp tv. I saw at one point there was a registry entry to enable the checkerboard pattern, but that was for the drivers that didnt support the 8 series. Thanks for any help.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

I wasn't able to get it to work on my Sammy. 3D requires an HDMI connection, so I tried the pin mod on a converter without any luck. Just a black screen. SLI doesn't work in any form for 3D regardless of the driver type. IZ3D mentioned making SLI capable drivers but enabling the checkerboard pattern in their drivers does not seem like a high priority right now (they are spending more time on HMD and Dual Projector compatibility). This makes sense since there are more people on this board using HMD's and Dual Projectors than HDTV's, but still a shame to have the best Stereo Display on the planet and only be able to play less than a dozen games. Maybe this will change at some point with the recent Samsung/EA discussions going on. Nvidia also showed some promise at CES with their drivers pushing an HDTV display, but alas nothing has been released yet.

Give it a shot and see if you have any luck. I don't have an electrical engineering background and there are definitely folks smarter than me on this board that might be able to help.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Ezzelin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ezzelin »

Does anyone know what changes in the registry when you set Oblivion HDR AA Compatibility to on in nHancer? I just recently got my 8800GTX and 3d Glasses, and they work fine, except for the artifacts. However, I don't want to install nHancer since I don't install .net apps. If someone could help me get this work with the standard nVidia control panels (either the new or old one) or regedit, I would be very thankful!
phanta007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by phanta007 »

i just used the devil tool to unlock the old panel. is easy
Ezzelin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ezzelin »

OK, so I figured it out that all the profile information is stored in the c:\windows\system\nvapps.xml file. So could someone who has 3d working on their 8800 post their copy of their file? I think I've identified the AA compatibility mode for Oblivion, since there's an aa_feature_bits line in the Oblivion preset profile (and these lines are AA compatibility modes from what I can gather), but I've tried adding that line to other profiles to no success. Is nHancer doing something else that I don't know about besides editing the nvapps.xml file?

OpenGL games all crash for me when I try to open them with 3d mode on. Has anyone else made any OpenGL games work with an 8800?
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi ezzelin! i dont have the answer to your question, but it is much easier that somebody replies to you if you open a new topic.. ;)

have a nice day
igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Borrowed a 9800 GTX and it doesn't work. Tried all drivers that support the 9800. Without pin, same story, it always crashes on the enable stereo test with a blue screen.

Also tried anaglyph with the iz3d driver and it works, but at 1024/768 in rfactor (when there's a lot going on and all details on) I only get 9-10fps compared to 6-7 with a 7900 gtx. 1920/1200 is K.O.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

I have a 7800 GTX 256mb and I´m thinking to buy other better, now that seem to work using this procedure. I have crt+shutterglasses and planar too (now I use planar mode, but without opengl because planar type doesn´t work with 1xx.xx combo drivers using TFT monitors. I must test this that you say to see if I can use my actual 7800 gtx with 1xx.xxx stereo drivers.

But thinking about to improve my videocard, what I buy ?:

- 8800 GTX
- 8800 GTS
- 8800 GT
- 8800 Ultra

Are all the same in terms of compatibility with this "tweak"?. Would be a good idea to buy a 9xxx videocard, or it´s totally incompatible?.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

it seems only g80 based cards work, 8800 gtx, 8800 gts (the old one with 320 and 640 mb ram), 8800 ultra (not worth, it's $500 if you can find it, gtx overclocked is the same)
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

Is there a reason removing the detect pin from DVI wouldn't work? I would need to use non-scaled modes and that requires DVI.

Now I need to find an 8800GTS 320mb, or rather, figure out how to pay for one :). ($150 wouldn't be trouble, and they are available at that price, but I just spent $200 on a new mobo/cpu hs/fan)
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

XFX 8800 GT eXtreme 512-GDDR3 (G92, not G80) doesn´t work for this?. There is a man that offer me this videocard, but is not G80 based card.
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

b4thman wrote:XFX 8800 GT eXtreme 512-GDDR3 (G92, not G80) doesn´t work for this?. There is a man that offer me this videocard, but is not G80 based card.
Nobody could get one to work.
venge
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: S3D on Geforce8 (manual complete now)

Post by venge »

VadersApp wrote: 5. VERY IMPORTANT: The display mustn´t be recognized by the driver! To achieve this i put my revelator adapter between the port of the 8800gtx and the monitorcable OR remove Pin:

-\--- O O O O O---/
--\- O O O O O---/
---\- O O O O X-/

(turned it away with a screwdriver at my VGA cable, so i can bring it back in position if nescessary)
I've something to say about this, in my setup, 8800GTX FW 171.xx and 162.50stereo, under WinXP, i've just changed the monitor driver to "standard monitor" (no PnP monitor nor SONY CPD... which is mine), set stereo resolutions and everyhing works fine!
I get perfect oblivion (after nhancer tweaking of course) and UT3 with no artifacts and good depth; i also get Crysis with good depth no-artifaqcts (but it dynamically chages convergence on his will...) and i'm trying to get rid of "quadratic artifact" with Tomb Raider: Legend;

any hint is welcome!!
bye
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

A few hours ago I swapped my 8800gt with the 8800GTS (G80 / 320MB) from my mom's comp. Followed entire guide, and I still can't get it to work. On the medicinal test i get 2 images, everywhere else stereo just won't kick in...

edit: oh and btw, i fully cleaned my drivers before installing the ones in the guide
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
F1Dave
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by F1Dave »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Stereo3D. I had a ATI Card and the eDimesionnal Shutter glasses wich worked but the performance was pretty bad. So I went and bought a nVidia GF 8800 GT because I had read about nVidia'S native support of S3D. That was before I tried it and it did not work. Now I stumble on to this thread and I am thinking that *maybe* there is hope.

I did all the steps enumerated and all seems fine until I try to launch either the Test Application, the Medical Test Image or the Stereo Viewer. I only get a black screen and after some time, windows xp pops up a message that says that my drivers has stopped working normally and I am left with the lowest of the lowest of resolutions... the only thing I can do then to return to normal is reboot.

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo at 3ghz, a GF 8800 GT (it actually says on the box: EN8800 GT.... ?) with 1gig of vRam. has anyone been able to get results with a 8800GT ? I've seen one post in this thread where the guy wants to use it to play rFactor... same thing for me.... Have you made it work yet ?

Thanks for all your help... and for shinning a dim light of hope for me !

Dave
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

Xerion wrote:A few hours ago I swapped my 8800gt with the 8800GTS (G80 / 320MB) from my mom's comp. Followed entire guide, and I still can't get it to work. On the medicinal test i get 2 images, everywhere else stereo just won't kick in...

edit: oh and btw, i fully cleaned my drivers before installing the ones in the guide
Just removed my secondary card (the 7900gt which is kind of broken, hence me trying to get stereo to work on 8800gts) and now it does work. Also before I did this stereo was working on the 7900gt, so it seems that somehow the stereo drivers pick one card to work on, and don't work on the rest, regardless of which display is set as primary...
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

It doens't work with the 8800GT, no g92 cards work.
F1Dave wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm new to Stereo3D. I had a ATI Card and the eDimesionnal Shutter glasses wich worked but the performance was pretty bad. So I went and bought a nVidia GF 8800 GT because I had read about nVidia'S native support of S3D. That was before I tried it and it did not work. Now I stumble on to this thread and I am thinking that *maybe* there is hope.

I did all the steps enumerated and all seems fine until I try to launch either the Test Application, the Medical Test Image or the Stereo Viewer. I only get a black screen and after some time, windows xp pops up a message that says that my drivers has stopped working normally and I am left with the lowest of the lowest of resolutions... the only thing I can do then to return to normal is reboot.

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo at 3ghz, a GF 8800 GT (it actually says on the box: EN8800 GT.... ?) with 1gig of vRam. has anyone been able to get results with a 8800GT ? I've seen one post in this thread where the guy wants to use it to play rFactor... same thing for me.... Have you made it work yet ?

Thanks for all your help... and for shinning a dim light of hope for me !

Dave
Xerion

Post by Xerion »

FFS, now suddenly the driver won't turn on the shutter glasses anymore when stereo is enabled, although i can turn them on with the ED activator.

EDIT: Also there is lots of artefacts in both guildwars and oblivion, no matter what settings I try
Frettchen
One Eyed Hopeful

8600m gt review

Post by Frettchen »

got a new laptop (with an 8600m gt = G84) a few days ago and gave it a try (with edim.-glasses and CRT Mon.) but unfort. with no succes until now. (OS: WinXP!)
What I tried: 1.) FW162,50 (laptopvideo2go) and 162,50 stereo - my external crt monitor was recognized and everything worked fine until I started the test (or any directx-appl.) result: black screen
2.) 167,23?! and 162,50stereo - result: black screen
3.)171,23 beta (with self-modded inf) and 162,50stereo but also with the same result.
I forgot to mention that I disabled 1 core of my C2D (with bruteforce)
The drivers were working like charm but as soon as I enabled stereo and started a directx-appl. I got a black screen (nv4 disp error...)

Is G84 a no go?
I don't want to believe it!!!

@VadersApp: Did you try your 8400m gt (G86) with XP?
DDuckMan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by DDuckMan »

In my dispair over nVidia and their new S3D "support", I unplugged my Revelator cable for the first time in 9 years and stopped looking at the S3D boards regularly. Now it looks like I have two options that may work with my 8800GTS 640 and my beloved Sony 24" crt.

1) Try the 171.xx + 162.50 combo. -this may require changing driver settings to default PnP monitor, which I assume would kill all my custom refresh rate settings and color profiles.

2) Get Vista and dual boot (I am not ready to give up XP yet), using the new Vista S3D drivers. -as I understand it this only works with analgraph so I would need to pick up some glasses also.

Am I missing anything important?
Which setup would be preferable? My priority ease of use and quality of the 3D experience rather than cost. I am not interested in hours of tweaking to get each game set up as has been the case in the past.
Will Vista 64 work with option 2?

Lastly, has nVidia noticed that this thread has over 8000 views already?
MB - ASUS P5WDH Deluxe
CPU - E6600
RAM - 4GB
GPU - BFG GTX 280
Goggles - ELSA Revelator circa 1999
nVidia 3D Vision circa 2009
The_Doctor

Post by The_Doctor »

Since it doesn't work with v-sync off, A quick note about it.

I have a crt and an lcd connected to a 8800gtx. Stereo works (a lot of trouble but it works). Anyway, I noticed that fps was always 60fps (and 30 with stereo on) no matter what refresh rate the crt was set to (120 or 150HZ with the crt set as the primary monitor). Without v-sync it would be 250fps, so with v-sync it should have been 120 or 150 fps (60 or 75 with stereo on assuming the card can do it).

After setting the multiple displays to "single" (the crt only) and not to 2 monitors with the crt as the primary one, the v-sync worked right. For some reason it always used the lcd refresh rate (60hz) even though it wasn't even on.

V-syn will also drop your fps to half if the card can't output your crt refresh rate, so 120HZ will output 60fps if the card renders 99fps. You should try to enable triple buffering in the games to get around this. If the game doesn't support that, try dxtweaker and set "Modules To Load" -> Present Changer -> Count 2.
However some games might not work with that on, rfactor, gtr etc work fine.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”