S3D on Geforce8 (Update: works with >= 177.79 XP 32)

VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Ah okay. That means crossfire don´t work yet but crossfireX could work. So if they can´t handle the problem with one of the next driver releases, it could be possible to change one 4870 to a 4870 X2 (when they are released) to get CrossifireX with iZ3D.

Thanks for the info Luke.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

er... I thought crossfire was the old one? With e.g. x1900xtx?

I thought all GPU's since 3850 use crossfireX? Have too look it up..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_CrossFire

It looks like you can keep your card ;-)

Or you could try with 2 Monitors. If both work at the same time, no outputs are locked ;-)

PS: crossfire (without the X) is only x1800 and lower!. x1900 should use the newer crossfireX...

If you notice any wrong content, please post ;-)
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I think LukePC1 is right. The 4000 series supports CrossfireX. You should be fine.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd ... rformance/
fdbf
One Eyed Hopeful

7900GTX or 8800GTX?

Post by fdbf »

ok. my 8800 GT doesn't work. so i have to change card. opinions are different in the thread...

I have to play with my headplay HMD (shutterglasses option), at 1024x768 MAXIMUM resolution possible.

Do you think i should buy a 8800GTX or a 7900GTX?

At that resolution should i care about video power (and take a 8800GTX) or not (7900GTX)?

is the stereo support on 7900 GTX better?

Thank you for answers...
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: 7900GTX or 8800GTX?

Post by Bo_Fox »

fdbf wrote:ok. my 8800 GT doesn't work. so i have to change card. opinions are different in the thread...

I have to play with my headplay HMD (shutterglasses option), at 1024x768 MAXIMUM resolution possible.

Do you think i should buy a 8800GTX or a 7900GTX?

At that resolution should i care about video power (and take a 8800GTX) or not (7900GTX)?

is the stereo support on 7900 GTX better?

Thank you for answers...
Hardly.. since the 7900GTX could only use ancient drivers. I've used 7900GTX's in SLI for nearly 2 years. It served me well, except for some compatibility problems. After upgrading to an 8800GTX, I was happy except for not being able to play OpenGL games in S-3D any longer. However, I was finally able to play Far Cry in S-3D for the first time after a few years since the 66.93 Forceware drivers released during the 6800 hey days! It was great. And that's why I'm keeping my 8800GTX and not upgrading to the GTX 280 no matter how cheap it is now. The only upgrade I would take is 8800Ultra at the absolute highest clock.

Keep in mind that S-3D does not work 100% with SLI. With my 7900GTX's in SLI, I had to use the split-frame rendering, and only one card would do it in S-3D, up to like 85% of the screen (with the bottom part not being rendered in 3D, which was not so bad since I did not care about looking at the ground).
LukePC1 wrote:well not directly 'oblivion compatibility', but only 'oblivion'.
Is that setting not the correct one?

Thanks for you'r reply ;-)
(sucks that I cannot make 2 separate posts because of the forum rules, but whatever.. )

Another thing that I discovered is that I have to run it at over 1280x800 resolution or something like that, since a low resolution like 640x480 or 800x600 would still give me artifacts no matter what. I've confirmed this after being confused at first for a while.. Confirmed it several times.

-P.S. Please do *NOT* sticky this thread... (sarcastically)
8800GTX, 24" CRT (Sony GDM-FW900)
i7 920 @ 3.7GHz, Foxconn Bloodrage, WinXP-32 and Vista x64 SP2
3D shutters, 181.00 Forceware +162.50 S3D for WinXP

Other rig: 4870 1GB, i7 920 @ 4GHz, DFI T3eH8
24" LCD + IZ3D anaglyph, WinXP-32 and Win7 x64
Grucho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grucho »

there is really no way to make the 8800 gts 512 working on vista or xp with the nvidia drivers?
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

Hi,
I have a note book with a 8600M GT under WinXP. I have installed the driver 171.23 (there is no beta for laptop) from laptopvideo2go, I have also installed stereo 162.50.
I have done the mod in regedit. But i can't see this d..n control panel!
What's wrong? VadersApp pllzzz, could you help me? Thanks for the eternity
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Maybe you are using the new controlpanel. To get the old one you have to regedit the policies to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies

thats for me with vista 32, but it should be similar with XP.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

I just installed 177.79 to try some things and found out that it works like the 171.23 driver. But maybe with newer Cards than 8800gtx?
Maybe someone could check this out. Have to do more tests...
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

Ok thanks, now i got the old panel.
I have done your setting in register, but I still have computer freeze and I see only th anaglyphe mod. I think it is due that I haven't remove the pin of the vga cable (I use Z800). But how do you know that is this pin which we have to remove?
You talk about a 'revelator', I presume that I can"t remove a pin without breaking my VGA cable. Can I?

++
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Only remove the pin of a vga-adapter. It is to expensive if something go wrong.
Are u sure that vsync is forced on in nhancer?

Revelators are old Shutterglasses from Elsa (was a german company a long time ago :))

EDIT: Did some tests with 177.79. Wasn´t able to achieve more that with older drivers in Vista 32. => no way found to get shutterglasses working

On XP its different. Everything works like with 171.23. Also the artifacts are there until SSAA and AA Oblivion Compatibilty mode is turned on.

To sum it up: S3D on XP is again in the drivers, Vista version has new onscreen text. I think that vista drivers are ready to work with shutterglasses. The only thing Nvidia has to do is: activate_all_viewertypes=>true ;)

I wonder if the newer Boads like 280 gtx will work from now on with my manual.
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

Ok,

to sum my actions:
-Installed 171.23 for Geforce 8600M GT
-Installed Stereo driver 162.50
-Modified all the entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies to 1
-Installed Nhancer and set:
- anti aliasing to supersampling 1x2
- enhance aa yes
- under compatibility aa compatibilty to oblivion HDR
- force vsync to on

- I didn't remove any pin from the VGA cable of the Z800.
- I passed the z800 in primary monitor and the set clone mode (to have a display on the laptop)
- I launched medical test image ---> black screen and no more response

Do you think It comes from the pin stuff?
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Did you force you display frequency to stereo resolution. think its 60 hz for your z800.
Maybe the z800 can´t display the resolution or hz you try.
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

Indeed yes, i was at 60hz
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Hmm, maybe my solution don´t work with 8600 cards ot its the pin. Your display should´t be recognized as a digital one i think. I´ll make a test with my setup now...

... My displays (TFT and DLP) are shown as analog without the pin thing...
Are you able to change the viewer Type to DCC VGA glasses?
Last edited by VadersApp on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

I have tested it also with anaglyph on the defaut screen (without the z800), but same result.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Anaglyph doesnt work with 171.23, it gives blackscreen. You must be able to try DCC with your standard display. If this doesn´t work your z800 wont work too.
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

Arrgh You kill me! :(:(:(:(
Thanks anyway for your advices.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

With 177.79 my display (TFT) was recognized and S3D still work, what makes me think, that removing the pin isn´t (wasn´t) nescessary.
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

You make me reborn! I haven't try the 177.79yet. Could you give me the links for the same drivers as you for 177.79 and for the stereo (assuming we are talking about the laptop hu?)
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

http://downloads.guru3d.com/GeForce-For ... -2012.html

And of course the 162.50 Stereo drivers from MTBS3D

Be sure that you deinstall the drivers before installing the new ones and maybe to delete the registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation

follow the manual in the first posting step by step.
If you are able to select different viewer types you are not far from the S3D Eldorado :)
Select DCC blah... and fire up the medical test.

I hope you are successfull!

EDIT: Forgot something: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/ind ... owforum=94
There you should find the inf you have to change with the one in the 177.79 driver, before installing. Extract the driver and change the inf and then click on setup...
It should then work on your laptop.
Last edited by VadersApp on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

If it works I take a flight to germany and i marry u
Hugo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hugo »

The inf-file is for vista. Do you have one for XP as well?

Edit: found a xp-inf

The 177.79 would be the best driver since a long time:
- multi-core problems are gone (tested some games)
- LASERSIGHT-SPEED-PROBLEM is gone (just loose some frames)

But my revelator won´t be activated. Scene is switching to 3D, but
my glasses aren´t activated. :-(

And i have a max. of 85 Hz v-refresh - this isn´t a realy prob. because
it should be simply fixed by some reg.-changings...

xp-prof with 7950gt
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

There are some SG which are always 'on' or activated with a button (xforce?) or with software (ED).
Maybe someone with such glasses has more luck?

Lets hope it works for 8800 users, too :)
ayqz1u0s

vikti
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vikti »

Definitivly it doesn't work for 8600M GT.
On my laptop, even if I have the entire list of wiew type I always obtain a black screen and an infinite loop error message or directly a bluescreen...
Only exit is to buy a dell m1710 for me :(:(:(
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

@Luke. It is working on 8800 GTX. My testing rig is equipped with it.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

VadersApp wrote:@Luke. It is working on 8800 GTX. My testing rig is equipped with it.
sorry didn't think too much... but in general you say the newer (newest?) driver works with the old trick on 8800gtx (g80 chip), right?

I could have thought it would still work with those cards.
But why does Hugo have problems with his shutters? The old drivers worked with RV glasses, right?
ayqz1u0s

VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Yep, the old <174.XX drivers worked with the tricks i found out. All new beta drivers didn´t work. This (177.79) is the first one which works again with the tricks. The display (also my normal TFT) begins to flicker also without any shutterglasses plugged in. If i plug in my Revelator, it is in synch. So normaly it should work on every XP 32 System.
Hugo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hugo »

VadersApp - which gfx chip do you use?

I testet it again, now with the international driver, directly from nv and not from guru3d.

Still the same problem - system is switching to 3d, but my revelator isn´t activated.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

It´s a 8800 GTX. It´s a success that 3d is activated without blue or blackscreen. Are your sure that your Revalator is ok?

Try different hz. What i do is set all hz to stereo resolution in the S3D controlpanel. Maybe it is too slow.

1. If its possible for you, try >= 85 hz. I experienced that my revelator begin to start flickering only if >= 85 (its my DLP hz)
2. Try unplug the revelator from your vga adapter, plug in in and out several times. (Had this crazy effect, sometimes my revelator didn´t shutter, this helped)
Hugo
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hugo »

The revelator is working with other drivers.

But perhaps it´s the 85 hz problem, because with 177.79, i´ll have a max. of just 85 hz.
Have not changed the registrie yet, to get higher values. With the older drivers i use 140 hz.

I´ll do the next test with higher refreshrate.

Edit:
Done the needed reg.-changes - and still with 140 hz, the revelator isn´t activated.
Tried the second dvi-port as well...
... it´s a shame - seems to work only for >=8xxx. :-(
Grucho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grucho »

did anyone has the 8800 gts 512 working with those driver?
Frettchen
One Eyed Hopeful

:/ same here

Post by Frettchen »

tried the 177.79&162.50 combo on my laptop (8600m gt) also but again without success :/
it always ended up with an nv4disp.dll error... so I give up with that for now
I hope Iz3d will offer drivers for shutter-glasses soon (want to use that with my beamer)!

what about 8800gt?? does it work with 177.70 and 162.50??
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

I have found out that I have to put my video display to clone mode to get the Shutterglasses flickering. I forgot that to mention because my setup is always in clone mode.
Grucho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grucho »

so what do we have to do to get the glasses working!?
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

Can you say if "Planar" type works now properly?. I installed some weeks ago 171.23 + 162.50 and Planar type was able to choose, but flickering the two images in each monitor (in clone mode, of course). Other people experienced the same problem using planar type.

For the moment I don´t use Windows XP because that, and I´m waiting for a planar support to recover it. Some people said that the next iZ3d driver will support planar (I hope it will be true).
koun
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by koun »

Tested the guide with the new 177.83 drivers (with PhysX). Besides lots of beginners mistakes (haven't used my revelators in years) it works fine.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

b4thman wrote:Can you say if "Planar" type works now properly?. I installed some weeks ago 171.23 + 162.50 and Planar type was able to choose, but flickering the two images in each monitor (in clone mode, of course). Other people experienced the same problem using planar type.

For the moment I don´t use Windows XP because that, and I´m waiting for a planar support to recover it. Some people said that the next iZ3d driver will support planar (I hope it will be true).
I experienced the same when running my 8800gtx with nvidiastereo and dualvga output. This is similar to planar, just that one output is mirrored. It seems like the driver "shutters" the outputs like shutterglasses are connected and chosen.

Cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Tatos
One Eyed Hopeful

does not work.

Post by Tatos »

Hello, I have a 8800gts and follow all the steps that refer Vader, but I think as I do not really understand the English, I'm Spanish.

i download the drivers, the program Nhacer ....

But when we remove the PIN VGA cable that should not happen, remove the pin and reconect the cable in the same exit and the next, and I see the desktop, but when doing a test as always work for me, when I run a game as Arma or Halflife I Stereo works does work.

I hope a lot of time to work, like everyone, and I do not understand how u can works , can you help me?

THX
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

koun wrote:Tested the guide with the new 177.83 drivers (with PhysX). Besides lots of beginners mistakes (haven't used my revelators in years) it works fine.
Really? Awesome! Splendid! Thanks for the thumbs-up.. I'm gonna go ahead and update mine.

BTW, please sticky this thread!!! I think this thread is the most important thread in the forums, since it's probably the only current way for most of us to enjoy 3-D shutterglasses.

Tatos wrote:Hello, I have a 8800gts and follow all the steps that refer Vader, but I think as I do not really understand the English, I'm Spanish.

i download the drivers, the program Nhacer ....

But when we remove the PIN VGA cable that should not happen, remove the pin and reconect the cable in the same exit and the next, and I see the desktop, but when doing a test as always work for me, when I run a game as Arma or Halflife I Stereo works does work.

I hope a lot of time to work, like everyone, and I do not understand how u can works , can you help me?

THX
Does not work with 8800GTS 512MB. Only works with 8800GTX or 8800GTS 640/320MB.
8800GTX, 24" CRT (Sony GDM-FW900)
i7 920 @ 3.7GHz, Foxconn Bloodrage, WinXP-32 and Vista x64 SP2
3D shutters, 181.00 Forceware +162.50 S3D for WinXP

Other rig: 4870 1GB, i7 920 @ 4GHz, DFI T3eH8
24" LCD + IZ3D anaglyph, WinXP-32 and Win7 x64

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”