S3D on Geforce8 (Update: works with >= 177.79 XP 32)

nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

I thought of that, it would need to be either with electronics or software, if you used another mirror then you would get the polarization back where you started, and you would need a wave plate.

I am thinking of it for use with 2 regular mirrors and the nose jammed into the mirror trick (of course I am also thinking of selling the card :P, until support is better, they are only getting cheaper, so I could buy another one later. )
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

nubie wrote:I thought of that, it would need to be either with electronics or software, if you used another mirror then you would get the polarization back where you started, and you would need a wave plate
Lol... that's what happens when speaking before thinking. :oops: You're of course right about that.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Sorry for being lazy guys and not going through the whole 9 pages, but I have a question.
Since I'm considering an upgrade - a 8800 something card, plus a Duo core system, running on XP I just want to ask the following questions:

1. Is there currently a driver, that allows edimensionals to work with this card under XP?

2. Do I have to apply the pin trick + nhancer settings (force vsync +aa stuff) + running the medical test image?

3. Is Nvidia going to continue releasing stereo drivers for vista only from now on?

4. Any special recommendations about putting together a stereo rig, I have been away from the scene for a while and have noticed that shutter glasses are not the best thing ( assasin's, gow, bioshock and ut3 seem to have problems running and I'm not sure that the future looks bright for shutter glasses); Shold I wait til prices of iz3d drop more (ia few years maybe ;)) and does it beat the zalman Trimon display due to having individual drivers and not being stuck with nvidia. Is there any way of getting the iz3d shipped to europe...in one piece :) ?

5. Do Ati cards have any issues with iz3d that are not present with Nvidia cards and iz3d drivers?

10x, I would appreciate it, if someone comes to the rescue :)
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

Finally got another 8800GTX for my second computer to replace my 7900GTX's SLI...

It's installed and ready to go, but I have not yet tested S-3D with shutterglasses yet because when I change my monitor to Plug-n-Play, the driver refuses to let me set it above 85 Hz no matter what the resolution is. I even tried custom resolutions/refresh in Nvidia's drivers but it did not work. I need 120-140 Hz for shutter glasses and as you know, 85 Hz is not enough.

Did anybody experience this problem? Thanks..
8800GTX, 24" CRT (Sony GDM-FW900)
i7 920 @ 3.7GHz, Foxconn Bloodrage, WinXP-32 and Vista x64 SP2
3D shutters, 181.00 Forceware +162.50 S3D for WinXP

Other rig: 4870 1GB, i7 920 @ 4GHz, DFI T3eH8
24" LCD + IZ3D anaglyph, WinXP-32 and Win7 x64
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Did you untick the hide unsupported monitor modes in he monitor settings, that usually does the trick.
If that doesn't work try using powerstrip, and see if that works.
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

I bent the pin from my VGA cable, but it broke off.. argh! Now, it's permament. Oh well, at least I discovered that Nvidia's 3D-Stereo panel allows me to force stereo refresh rates in whatever resolution I picked in that control panel (I can also test it with the Launch Test Application at that resolution/refresh rate). 640x480 gives me artifacts, but when I set it to 1280x800 or 1440x900@120Hz, it looks perfectly fine. I had to use 171.23 drivers because 174.74 did not work for me.

I havent tested it with any games yet--Doom 3 would not start up with Stereo3d enabled or if I selected the Stereo Toggle option--after disabling it altogether, I could get Doom3 to launch again. Anybody got Doom3 to work with this?

Also, I discovered that Rivatuner allows forcing refresh rates (injection mode is especially useful when "blend mode" did not work for me).

b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

Opengl games doesn´t work. And some directx games present some artifacts (Tomb raider generations for example). Randomly I have blue screen starting Windows with the stereo driver installed, and If I uninstall it I have no problem. I´m not sure if the problem is present because the nforce driver for the motherboard chispset, because nobody sais nothing about blue screens starting windows. I´m thinking about to uninstall nforce driver and install stereo driver, to see what happend.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

sorry for not wanting to read this entire thread, but is 8600GTS also supported now or should I continue experimenting with my eDimensional drivers?
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cackling
One Eyed Hopeful

8800 in stereo

Post by cackling »

exellent work vaderapp , works perfectly for me so far about to test a few games now :D
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

finally got Far Cry to work with my 8800GTX!! I had to create another Far Cry profile in nHancer and link it to FarCry.exe, and then enable Oblivion AA mode for that profile (because Nvidia already has a Far Cry profile that uses a different AA mode). It even works in HDR mode (latest patch 1.4), but the HDR lighting does not look right in S-3D.

Hey moderator, please sticky this thread!

Anyway, what's the point of using 4x4 AA if 1x2 will do, and if there's no way to make AA really work in the first place anyways, right? (At least AA does not work for me in Far Cry or Stereo Test Application no matter what resolution or AA setting I use).

I noticed that 2x2 AA will give slight artifacting only at the top part of the screen. 640x480 and 800x600 resolution always produce artifacting for me, while 1280x800 and 1440x900 work perfectly fine (strangely)!

nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

4x4 means that it is 16x your current resolution!! I only found this mildly helpful* on a 640x480 display because the video card has a maximum internal resolution it can render.

If you are running 1280x1024 your virtual res @ 4x4 will be 5120x4096 (I don't think that is a supported internal resolution of these cards, it might be 4096x4096 is the maximum.) Therefore the AA will not work in this mode. Needless to say this will really put your video card to the test (I had my GTS 320MB blue-screen on me during Shadow Generation on Trackmania Nations Forever, after a few hours of gameplay, I had to use a software tool to force full fan. This card actually has a nice heat-pipe, decent fan, and plenty of fins, just a lousy fan ramp up)

* I find a multi-sampling mode is better as it will create a 1x2, 2x1, or 2x2 "internal resolution", and render the internal resolution in 2x AA or higher. I found that to deliver a better image than a simple 16 pixels = 1 pixel (4x4 supersample). Granted 640x480 is fairly extreme, and the nVidia driver will do this "multi/super-sampling" in a mode it calls 16Q something, but you can select it from nHancer or the nvidia control panel.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Supersampling 4x4 or 1x2 has the same effect here, or any other AA that I select, all of them gives the same low quality Antialiasing effect, the only diference is tha some of them leave off the screen corruptions.

The "must" things I have to do to prevent blue/black screens and corruptions:

- image sincronization ON in nHancer global settings(it is very important to prevent black screens).
- AA settings in Oblivion compatibility mode, in nHancer global settings.
- Supersampling 4x4 in nHancer (it is not the only that works, but all that works gives the same AA quality).
- Run any stereo3D test in the Nvidia Stereo driver before to launch any game (using or not stereo3D), if not I have blue screen.
- And of course, be sure that no individual profile in nHancer says something different than selected in the global options.

Doing all that I have a decent stereo3D using shutterglasses+CRT and my 8800 ultra. Opengl games doesn´t work, and planar stereo3d type doens´t work too (it can be selected in the driver menu, but it doesn´t work properly like said in this thread before). Tomb Raider Legends present some big artifacts and I suppose that other games too, but I have only test a few games and only Tomb Raider with problems.
Speedy_M
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Speedy_M »

Just a few words to the guys who haven't tested this solution:

I was using this 'intermediate solution' for getting 3DStereo with a 8800GTX card for about 7 weeks. But I ended in hating the POOR image quality. I was unable to enjoy my track racing (GTR2, RACE07, rFactor, LFS...) with the lack of ANY antialiasing. Regardless of any AA settings, if you enable the Oblivion compatibility mode (for getting rid of all the artefacts), your images are rendered without any antialiasing (res: 1024*768)!

Last weekend I reinstalled my old 7800GTX - what a difference! The stereo world does look much more natural with some antialiasing. For improving my frame rates I did buy a 7900GTX the same day from ebay.

If anyone still wants to try 3DStereo with an 8800GTX - my card is for sale.

Martin

PS: I still hope for a driver from the iZ3D guys. They seem to care about their customers - unfortunately I can't say the same about NVidia!
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Speedy_M wrote:Just a few words to the guys who haven't tested this solution:

I was using this 'intermediate solution' for getting 3DStereo with a 8800GTX card for about 7 weeks. But I ended in hating the POOR image quality. I was unable to enjoy my track racing (GTR2, RACE07, rFactor, LFS...) with the lack of ANY antialiasing. Regardless of any AA settings, if you enable the Oblivion compatibility mode (for getting rid of all the artefacts), your images are rendered without any antialiasing (res: 1024*768)!

Last weekend I reinstalled my old 7800GTX - what a difference! The stereo world does look much more natural with some antialiasing. For improving my frame rates I did buy a 7900GTX the same day from ebay.

If anyone still wants to try 3DStereo with an 8800GTX - my card is for sale.

Martin

PS: I still hope for a driver from the iZ3D guys. They seem to care about their customers - unfortunately I can't say the same about NVidia!
I have 20$ but can bid higher.

mainly so I can resell it later. I want a 7900 too...
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
anotherFrench

G92

Post by anotherFrench »

Well hello there,
this is my first post on this board so in the first place I have to say that my english isn't too good, sorry about that
finding this manuel was a very good thing for me as I was looking for some solution to run S3D on my edimentional shutter glasses and 8800 gts 512.
of course I was very disapointed that it won't work on G92 gpu's but at least it gave me new hope and motivation to search further.
I said before that my english skills are verry bad but there is worse, ... my skills on the pc :oops:

anyway...what I did is this:
I open the bios of my 8800gts 512 (G92) in nibitor 3.9, looked in the clockrates tab and saw this:

core / shader / memory

extra / 650 / 1625 / 972

3D / 0 / 0 / 0

thrtl / 0 / 0 / 0

2D / 0 / 0 / 0

then I opened a bios from a 8800 gtx (G80) in nibitor again and found this:

core / shader / memory

extra / .. / .. / ..

3D / 630 / 1350 / 1000

thrtl / .. / .. / ..

2D / .. / .. / ..

I can't say that I know much about those bios, never even flashed mine but I got intrigued, why are my g92 clockrates under "extra" when they are under "3D" on the G80?
could it be the reason why S3D drivers from nvidia won't work?

I looked for various g92 bios updates on the net and maybe I found something interesting...
http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/6132 ... 108_1.html

this is another bios for 8800 gts 512 but ...

core / shader / memory

extra / 725 / 1775 / 1002

3D / 725 / 1775 / 1002

thrtl / 650 / 1625 / 972

2D / 300 / 925 / 900

I guess I don't need to explain the difference, the important being that the 3D ligne is shown like in the gtx bios so I think this maybe could work!!
well, actually I'm not so sure about it, so I'd like to know what you folks think about it, I will try to find such a bios that's not overclocked, some instructions on how to flash it safly and maybe try it unless some already tryed before and it didn't work ?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: G92

Post by cybereality »

anotherFrench wrote:I guess I don't need to explain the difference, the important being that the 3D ligne is shown like in the gtx bios so I think this maybe could work!!
well, actually I'm not so sure about it, so I'd like to know what you folks think about it, I will try to find such a bios that's not overclocked, some instructions on how to flash it safly and maybe try it unless some already tryed before and it didn't work ?
I don't think those numbers make a difference for stereo3d or not. As far as I know, those are just the clockspeeds on the chips and shouldn't effect compatibility with stereo3d. For example, the video card can be overclocked (or underclocked) in different situations. I believe the speeds for 2D would refer to the windows desktop or web-surfing, while the 3D clocks would be the speeds used while playing a game. This is probably related to the power-saving features of the new cards (like hybrid-sli). This could effect performance but shouldn't effect using stereo3d either way.
Last edited by cybereality on Sat May 24, 2008 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
anotherFrench

Post by anotherFrench »

you must be right, as I said I don't know much about graphic bios but here is what I was thinking ...

the stereo drivers must have to be compatible with the bios, so if they read it the same way that nibitor do, maby those "0" or ".." values can be misunterpreted by the drivers and cause those black-screens or bsod issues ?
also, couldn't it be that stereo drivers somehow need the card to start the "3D mode" but the card won't start it because it runs on "extra mode" instead ?
I understand it's exactly the same and that only the name change but maybe it cause the stereo drivers to crash if that specific 3D mode isn't activated

I think I'm going to try it anyway, it can't get me into big troubles (I hope) there are just a few things I need to clarify about those bios before I do so, I'm still searching about it.

ps: btw, thank you for answering so kindly, I was especting people to call me crazy about this idea :lol:
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

anotherFrench wrote:I think I'm going to try it anyway, it can't get me into big troubles (I hope) there are just a few things I need to clarify about those bios before I do so, I'm still searching about it.
I would highly recommend not to start changing any sort of BIOS values unless you know exactly what you are doing. If you mess with the wrong value your machine may become unstable or possibily not even boot up (or worse). Just make sure you read a *lot* before you start changing stuff. It's not especially hard to do (I've got my CPU and GPU overclocked) but you just need to be careful when doing it.
Last edited by cybereality on Sat May 24, 2008 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
pbenapres
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pbenapres »

VadersApp:

I did the installation just like you said but i can't get the old control panel to work, I've changed the regs and installed the drivers correctly (I guess) but nothing works, i keep getting the new all-in control panel so I can't even enable the S3D i have an e-dimension 3d glasses

Would you please give me a hint of what may I've been doing wrong? :cry:

Thanks in advance...
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

Are u using Windows XP (manual is only for XP)? You said "I've changed the regs and installed the drivers correctly". You should change the regs after you installed the drivers. I hope that it is that easy :)
pbenapres
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pbenapres »

VadersApp wrote:Are u using Windows XP (manual is only for XP)? You said "I've changed the regs and installed the drivers correctly". You should change the regs after you installed the drivers. I hope that it is that easy :)
yes, i'm using xp and i did install the drivers before changing the regs

more info: I have a 8800 gt and a samsung analog crt monitor

Thanks
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

Installed the last nHancer version and all works fine using shutterglasses + crt. Also Tomb Raider legends works without artifacts (You must mark enhanced antialiasing for this game).

But a PLANAR solution is needed... it is the best and there is no way to see with 8800 series.
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

Anybody confirm it working with the latest 175 Forceware drivers?

BTW, I think this thread needs to be stickied!!!

flexy
Cross Eyed!

Re: G92

Post by flexy »

anotherFrench wrote:Well hello there,
this is my first post on this board so in the first place I have to say that my english isn't too good, sorry about that
finding this manuel was a very good thing for me as I was looking for some solution to run S3D on my edimentional shutter glasses and 8800 gts 512.
of course I was very disapointed that it won't work on G92 gpu's but at least it gave me new hope and motivation to search further.
I said before that my english skills are verry bad but there is worse, ... my skills on the pc :oops:

anyway...what I did is this:
I open the bios of my 8800gts 512 (G92) in nibitor 3.9, looked in the clockrates tab and saw this:

core / shader / memory

extra / 650 / 1625 / 972

3D / 0 / 0 / 0

thrtl / 0 / 0 / 0

2D / 0 / 0 / 0

then I opened a bios from a 8800 gtx (G80) in nibitor again and found this:

core / shader / memory

extra / .. / .. / ..

3D / 630 / 1350 / 1000

thrtl / .. / .. / ..

2D / .. / .. / ..

I can't say that I know much about those bios, never even flashed mine but I got intrigued, why are my g92 clockrates under "extra" when they are under "3D" on the G80?
could it be the reason why S3D drivers from nvidia won't work?

I looked for various g92 bios updates on the net and maybe I found something interesting...
http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/6132 ... 108_1.html

this is another bios for 8800 gts 512 but ...

core / shader / memory

extra / 725 / 1775 / 1002

3D / 725 / 1775 / 1002

thrtl / 650 / 1625 / 972

2D / 300 / 925 / 900

I guess I don't need to explain the difference, the important being that the 3D ligne is shown like in the gtx bios so I think this maybe could work!!
the clock rates have absolutely NOTHING to do with S3D capability...actually those are the rates for the card in certain states, 3D, 2D etc...do NOT mess with this AT ALL !!

there is also no logical reason AT ALL that the drivers wont work with G92 cards but with G80...except that there might be something hard-coded in the drivers (since they're old) and just dont "recognize" the G92 as Nvidia card. But do NOT mess with your card's bios..especially if you dont know what it does!!

I am desperately sitting over the latest Vista driver trying to enable the 3D options under Vista + G92....but if you really feel you need to "mod" than rather look in the drivers and (using a hex-editor etc...) edit/replace the G80 entry so it would recognize a G92 as valid card.
This is serious stuff, so dont even try if you dont know what you're doing.
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

anotherFrench wrote:you must be right, as I said I don't know much about graphic bios but here is what I was thinking ...

the stereo drivers must have to be compatible with the bios, so if they read it the same way that nibitor do, maby those "0" or ".." values can be misunterpreted by the drivers and cause those black-screens or bsod issues ?
also, couldn't it be that stereo drivers somehow need the card to start the "3D mode" but the card won't start it because it runs on "extra mode" instead ?
I understand it's exactly the same and that only the name change but maybe it cause the stereo drivers to crash if that specific 3D mode isn't activated

I think I'm going to try it anyway, it can't get me into big troubles (I hope) there are just a few things I need to clarify about those bios before I do so, I'm still searching about it.

ps: btw, thank you for answering so kindly, I was especting people to call me crazy about this idea :lol:
OMG you cant just randomly change your card's bios on some (false) assumptions and then flash back your card with a screwed up bios...except you have too much money and a second card ready since this very, very like fail/destroy your card. Again...the mentioned 3D in the cards bios has NOTHING to do with this subject...those are clock-rates determining the speed it is running in 2D or 3D apps for power saving, nothing to do with S3D in the slightest.
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

any news on that whole subject in regards to 174.16/Vista?

I noticed ONE thing...i think registry values changed....instead of 0x00000001 try 0x80000001

It would help A LOT if someone actually has a Zalman or any configuration working under Vista with those drivers and can post registry values and/or pcie/monitor info ...to get an idea about the "right values" in the registry, eg with a zalman monitor.
Bo_Fox
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bo_Fox »

Now one guys says that it works on a G92 card with a LCD montior! Is that true at all?

BTW, why isnt this thread being stickied yet? There's a thread on DirectX installation that's stickied but it's nothing compared to this awesome thread.

Also, the OP should be edited since ContextUIPolicy and CplGroupUIPolicy is found in a different Registry location (NvCplApi folder, then Policies folder INSTEAD of Stereo3D folder). Oh well, it wasnt so hard finding it in the registry, by simply pressing F3.

LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I've got a question...

is it normal, that the card runns better without Nhancer, than with it? I tested a 8800gtx (which is g80 I hope) and get artefacts such as disappearing or flickering poligons/parts of the scene.

Flatout2 'runs' with this, but with artefacts (without nHancer!!!).
Unfortunatly most other games don't even run with artefacts :-(

Now if I tried to run the tweak, it either disabled the glasses (Revelators), or did nothing at all.

So what was done wrong? Or how does it work for you? Completly without artefacts? Or only less? And does NV testimage work without nHancer?
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
shacker
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by shacker »

LukePC1 wrote:
So what was done wrong? Or how does it work for you? Completly without artefacts? Or only less? And does NV testimage work without nHancer?
Have you forced supersampling 4x4 in nhancer global settings? And Oblivion comaptibility mode? It's the only way to get rid of artifacts. Also check that game profile don't override it to some other AA mode.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

well not directly 'oblivion compatibility', but only 'oblivion'.
Is that setting not the correct one?

Thanks for you'r reply ;-)
ayqz1u0s

MrDowntempo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrDowntempo »

I just receieved the xforce3d shutter glasses after seeing they were liquidating their inventory. I just had to try this out after experiencing anaglyph 3d for the past week. I'm in the middle of working through this setup. First I had to find my old xp cd and a harddrive to install it on. Now I've already hit a snag though. The forceware 171.23 beta drivers do not seem to allow me to make custom resolutions. I know hat my CRT can do better than 85hz because i had experimented with setting up higher refresh resolutions before I ordered the glasses, however this was with a more recent driver. With this driver when I try to make custom resolutions, it looks like its working, but it never actually changes and creates the resolution. For instance if I'm currently running 1600x1200 and I try to test a 1024x768 120hz res. it gives me the 15 sec "did it work?" dialog box, but I'm still in 1600x1200, My monitor never attempts to change resolution at all. Can I fix this? Or is there a newer driver that also works with the stereo 162.50 driver?
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

I would try 162.50 combo first (both with the same numbers). It makes problems if the numbers differ too much. You could try most 16x.xx drivers, but using 17x.xx might cause more problems... Do you (still) have the dropdown box to choose different output methods?

also interesting:
if you increase resolution the monitor can't handle the high refresh rate anymore (in many cases).
On the oposite it means you can have higher refreshrate at lower resolution. Try it out, if you did not do it already...
ayqz1u0s

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

You should try a low res and work your way up. Also, don't change two things at once. Like start with 640x480 @ 60Hz and see how high the refresh can go with that. Then just move up the resolution until you find a good balance. Most monitors cannot support the max refresh at the max res. Like the CRT I have can technically get to 100Hz, but to play it at a regular resolution (that games support) I need to have it at 85Hz. Every monitor is different, so its hard to say exactly what your set might support.
MrDowntempo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrDowntempo »

Wow you guys awnser quick! :o Yeah I know I should use low resolutions with higher refresh rates, however When I tried that initially I noticed the creen didn't black out like it was changing anything so I tried changing to a higher res to a lower one to see if the change actually occurred. It did not though :( I'll try the 162.50 driver next. I should point out that I'm using an 8600gt. (actually 2 of 'em in SLI if I can) Do the 162.50 drivers work with the 8 series cards? The on on Guru3D says its for a Quadro. I'll give it a go anyway. *crosses fingers*

Thanks again guys!
MrDowntempo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MrDowntempo »

Ok. I've got everything installed and running. But I'm having some problems still. I'm using both Bioshock and the Stereo Test Application to test out my settings. In both apps, one 'eye' gets rendered fine, the other though looks all corrupted. I have nhancer installed with the correct settings. I've also tried disabling SLI and/or multi core support in nhancer but still I get the same troubles. On top of that Sometimes the test app bluescreens when I try to exit it. The Medical Image always causes my PC to crash. Also the one thing I haven't done is remove my monitors VGA pin. I can't bend it in such a way that would allow the cable to still get plugged into my stereo glasses adapter. If I bend it thent he cable no longer fits. I'm afraid to remove it completely too.

Oh, I must also mention that I don't think my card supports supersampling AA. I have used nhancer in the past and whenever I tried supersampling I got no AA at all. I have now tried the shutter glasses with multisampling, AA off entirely, and using SLI AA. But still no luck removing the artifacts :(
devilman666
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by devilman666 »

Hi VadersApp,
I followed your guide, even if there are these differencies :
card : geforce 9600
driver : 174.74 (driver 171.23 does not install with my card)
Monitor (i think it has been detected, even if i isolated the pin).

Result :
I still havo to test with a game, but if i launch the test from nvidia panel, system crashes with blue screen of death.

Now some questions :

1) do you think i should try to have the monitor not detected?
2) How to force the driver (171.23) to install with my card (how to play with the inf, i mean, to bypass the check)?
3) any other ideas? :)

P.S. the iz3d drivers work only with their monitor or are supposed to work also with shutter glasses?
Thanx in advnace and congratulations for the guide.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

I allways get the latest beta drivers from Guru3d.com

This is the nvidia drivers thread there: http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

You´ll find modded infs also there.

Some of the users here reported that it is not nescassary to force the display do be recognized as analog. For me it was. If not -> Bluesceen.

Try medical test image first, for me and some others it was nescessary before starting any game to prevent BSOD.

Hope it´ll work for you! Maybe its only for 8800gtx.

Some common nvidia-whining : ;)

Can´t test it with newer nvidia hardware, because they lost me as a loyal customer.
Today two ATI 4870 will arrive :) I allways prefered nvidia only because of S3D and performance. Both developed bad after i bought the 8800 gtx, 1,5 years ago. While ATI has done a very impressing job with the latest generation of hardware, Nvidia seems to have slept the last two years.

I iam looking forward to the promising IZ3D driver! Can´t wait to test the driver with my shutterglasses, the minute its released :)
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Yep, me too.
And if it does not working pageflipping maybe it's a good Idea to get those xforce glasses, which can take interlaced input. That should not get out of sync :D
ayqz1u0s

VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

The two 4870 arrived and also the game "mass effect". After overclocking the cards to gpu @790 and mem @1100 vie bios flash they run like hell! Also the so reported loud fan is no problem. I´ve edited the fan control also in bios, now they spin max @40% on load. BTW the game is the best i played the last years.

Today i bought an IZ3D 22``, because thats the way for me two get S3D with ATI. There is no seller in germany for them, so its a bit expensive to order it.
I hope that the faith i keep in IZ3D´s driver development wont be dissappointed. What i hope to get with the next driver releases is support for Crossfire and of course support for shutterglasses like my revelator. After my samsung 2D TFT "jumped over jordan" (a german analogy for dying:)) yesterday i played "Mass Effect" with my projector. Can´t wait to do it with the revelator.

Sorry NVidia, you´ll have to do much right in the future to get me back!

Edit: oops, tested anaglyph mode and found out that crossfire is working, so only shutterglasses support is the key to make me happy.
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

There is a difference between Crossfire and CrossfireX !!!
Afaik crossfire has only 1 output (same as SLI) but crossfireX has multiple (all?) outputs. That was the only problem with IZ3d (it needs 2 outputs!).
ayqz1u0s

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”