[3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V9.12] - Game List: 10.11.2022

Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V7.69] - Game List: 22.01.2022

Post by Losti »

nhussaini79 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:48 am
Losti wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:24 pm
nhussaini79 wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:58 pm The fix works great on Scarlet Nexus. However when you leave the ward and enter kikuchiba at the beginning there is this black flickering on the screen. Is there any way to get rid of that?
Is this available elsewhere that i can have a look via a save game from you ? You also can try v 7.70 but not sure about the release Date. May be this weekend or the next.
I'll help anyway I can. Just tell me what you need me to do. I can give you a save file it's really only like 10 minutes in the game when it starts. I can even message you my credentials to steam and you can logon and check it out.

I really would love to have this game fixed because this 3d in this game is really cool. I'm using Helixvision to run this and I'm running the 425 driver so I thought it might be because of the old driver. But when I load up in 2d it doesn't do the flickering.
Can you Ping me on discord?
nhussaini79
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nhussaini79 »

I sent you a message on discord
Losti

Post by Losti »

nhussaini79 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:55 am I sent you a message on discord
THANK YOU for reporting! this was an issue with a RegEx i disabled the "fix" but i missed to uncomment one line of it so if this RegEx matches things went wrong. Its fixed. I have send you the new ShaderRegEx file for testing.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Shadow Warrior 3 works great with 7.69, except for the weapons which can go up to 1/3 of the screen. Either the weapons have a way too high convergence settings and the rest is fine, or the weapons are nicely converged but the rest of the screen looks flat.

I guess only a custom fix can separate the convergence setting of the weapons from the main action screen, if at all....?
Losti

Post by Losti »

WickedScav wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:17 am Shadow Warrior 3 works great with 7.69, except for the weapons which can go up to 1/3 of the screen. Either the weapons have a way too high convergence settings and the rest is fine, or the weapons are nicely converged but the rest of the screen looks flat.

I guess only a custom fix can separate the convergence setting of the weapons from the main action screen, if at all....?
Not possible in UE4 games, except you track all textures resonsible and make them low convergence.

Masterotaku did this for TUROK but NO, this work is one week fulltime job to track all the textures etc.......

Only think i can advice is to set up convergence to high that you cant see the weapon or deal with low depth, sorry for this.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Losti wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:30 am
WickedScav wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:17 am Shadow Warrior 3 works great with 7.69, except for the weapons which can go up to 1/3 of the screen. Either the weapons have a way too high convergence settings and the rest is fine, or the weapons are nicely converged but the rest of the screen looks flat.

Not possible in UE4 games, except you track all textures resonsible and make them low convergence.

Masterotaku did this for TUROK but NO, this work is one week fulltime job to track all the textures etc.......

Only think i can advice is to set up convergence to high that you cant see the weapon or deal with low depth, sorry for this.
No worries, I will play then a bit with the convergence settings. One week of work is certainly not worth it for this game, especially since the rest of the game works flawlessly with your latest patch. Thanks for all the work!
Losti

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V8.00] - Game List: 12.03.2022

Post by Losti »

I really do a lot to make things as easy as possible for you, but I can't take it from you to read this and spend a little time configuring a game for your preferences. I'll give you all the options I have and describe them as best as I can. The UE4-UF2 has meanwhile taken several HUNDREDS of hours of time, so it's not too much to ask you to spend 10 minutes reading this and a few minutes in the game trying things out and configuring for your preferences. I can not take that from you with the best will in the world!

:woot
:anaglyph
:3D

Huge Update, so i skipped 7.70 and call it 8.01, PLEASE read the changes at the main page! Here are the new things:

Change-Logs - 7.69 to 8.01
- fixed an issue with the AutoConvergence Key for Gamepad usage, not toggle on/off AC
- fixed an issue that the separated lower HUD-DEPTH option was automatically toggled when toggle Auto-Depth-HUD
- fixed an issue with the aiming convergence adjustment by the aiming keys (R-BUTTON or XB-LB) not working, if set up
- fixed an issue with the SSR-Temporal motion fix that was not working for some games using the register we need for convergence scaling in the second part of the fix
- fixed an issue that the lower Hud depth option from the OSD was turned off if the AUTO-DEPTH HUD/UI STATE was switched
- added an additional Effect-RegEx that will track Reflections and fix it to realistic
- chaining some things in the RegEx for optimization, giving you approx. 2 % faster loading times/less input lags related to shader caching
- better scaled alternative depth buffer mode Auto-Hud-Depth now
- added new RegEx Fix for Reflections for UE4-ENGINE 4.27.0
- more universal Realistic Reflection RegEx added to catch more and not make it only surface depth
- added new CS-Sky Fix RegEx for UE4-ENGINE 4.27.0
- changed the BLOOM/onscreen mud fix not to turn of complete light in some games
- added an experimental shadow fix that can help fixing mono rendering shadows or flashing lights/shadows but may introduce other issues with shadows and lights ... LCTRL + NUMPAD4 ... use at own risk
- display time for green message shown by chaining in the OSD reduced
- display and availability of options not available while using something like AutoConvergence or Low Convergence presets are now disabled
- the convergence for aiming with standard keys (R-Mouse-Button or XB_LT) can now be selected In-Game from the OSD (LCTRL + "," or "."), no 00_UE4-UniversalFix-2_Config.cmd needed for this, option removed from config tool
- removed forgotten things of options from the config tool for special cases
- OPTION ALTERNATIVE DEPTH BUFFER SCALE renamed for more understanding what this is doing to: AUTO-DEPTH-Crosshair Mode
- more hints for what the options are doing added to the OSD for better understanding
- sun/moon shader fix was added for very old UE4-ENGINE games (4.16)
- an issue was fixed with residues from a disabled RegEx that introducing flickering of the shader if available
- additional multiple effects introduced for UE4-ENGINE 4.27.1
- new clipping fix for 4.27.1 and additional changes for clipping tracked before in all UE4 games may help with some flicker/flashing things
- speed up crash prevention mode 5 (Migoto loader option)
- new Fixes for reflections for UE-Engine 4.27.2
- new volumetric shadow fix for UE-Engine 4.27.2 on transparent surfaces like water
- a new Troubleshooting option in the OSD was introduced to DISABLE Cloud-Reflections in games having issues in water caused by the full depth of it, standard is DISABLED, ENABLE it with LCTRL+NUMPAD0
- uninstall.bat updated to completely remove all residues from the fix, including changes for the AO/AA and game user settings done by the Universal fix
- change 3D mode option removed from the config tool, this can be done since months with F12, save state with F10
- an issue was fixed with the disable OSD option from the config tool if once set to off, OSD could not be toggled in game anymore
- fixed an issue with the AA/AO installation for folders having spaces
- clipping fix adjustment to work with any game

Installation
- NOTE for Fixes @ HelixModBlog: Fixes from HelixMod Blog will ALL (except game specific fixes) have the download URL: https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/UNREAL_E ... _LATEST.7z, if an update was released, the latest version is behind this download. MEANS: Download it in any case even if this is still existent on your disk, it might be a newer version.

- in case of 2D content in a game even if 3D is kicked in, try alternative starting mode 2 with the config tool
- in case of shadow/light issues in a game, try alternative starting mode 1 with the config tool
- in case of 2D content in a game even if 3D is kicked in AND shadow/light issues, try alternative starting mode 3 with the config tool
- may its a good idea to turn of automatic 3D toggle in registry if games crashes and enable 3D with STRG+T if fully entered the game. for turn off auto 3D kick in: start RegEdit, go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D, set StereoDefaultOn to 0

Automatic Update
- as long as you start the game via 00_UE4-UniversalFix-2_Config.cmd or 00_UE4-UniversalFix-2_Config_EPIC.cmd, the script will check for updates and ask you to update if an update is available.
- NOTE: All customized things done by you will be reset if you install an update!!!!

Performance
- approx. 33 % of the UE4 games do have a bad performance in 3D, this is in 99% of the cases NOT related to the fix. To prove: uninstall the fix, start it (3D is broken now) and check performance, before reporting bad performance.

Game Setup
- up to you but:
- NOTE2: Sometimes maxed out AA in game (TAA+ or TAA) can cause "smearing" of things like edges of textures from objects, try lower AA in this case
- If you need another 3D-Mode, please use F12 for cycle and press F10 if you have chosen your desired 3D-Mode to save for the next game start.

Keys
- F12 will let you change 3D mode, please press F10 after chaining it to save for next game restart!

IN-GAME-OSD - Function Explanations

Aim Convergence Options
change with LCTRL+"." or LCTRL+","
- DEFAULT is OFF, adjust depth for using aiming keys right mouse button or XB_LT
change depth with ALT+"." or ALT+","
- DEFAULT is NO, you can allow aiming depth changes for if Auto-Convergence is enabled, STANDARD = OFF, means NO convergence adjust using AC.

EXPERIMENTAL Shadow Fix
- DEFAULT is OFF. This CAN fix flashing shadows or lights but may cause other shadow issues. Its only a feature to try if you see those things too often and its too annoying and the new introduced light/shadow issues feels more minor for you. LEAVE it OFF if you don't want to experiment, its more or less a DEV thing to sort out things...

Cloud Options UE4 4.27
toggle with LCTRL+NUMPAD0
- DEFAULT is OFF. Enable this if you want full reflections of clouds in water in UE4 games having engine 4.27.X.X. Up to you to try. OFF is OK!

FIXED GAMES

Aefen Fall
Marta is Dead -- sun is screen depth
King of FIghters XV
Kings Bounty II
TASOMACHI: Behind the Twilight
Detained: Too Good for School
SpellMaster: The Saga
Blacktail
Scathe
Winter Ember
Kao The Kangaroo -- use experimental shadow fix from OSD to turn off mono shadows
LIGHT:Black Cat & Amnesia Girl -- special fix @ Helix Blog fixing some UAV mono issues
The Bridge Curse
Bravely Default II
Shadow Warrior 3
Expedition Zero
Esse Proxy
Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition -- some issues with volumetric fog/light @ horizon left
Submerged: Hidden Depths
Hell Pie
The Last Oricru
Imp of the Sun
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V8.01] - Game List: 14.03.2022

Post by Lysander »

Hey Losti,

Found these broken snow shaders in Tell Me Why. Do you think you could fix them? I attach a save game on discord in your channel, just walk out of the store and you'll see them when you look at the snow. Everything else so far in the game is perfect.

thanks
TME-Win64-Shipping015_100.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Lysander wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:58 pm Hey Losti,

Found these broken snow shaders in Tell Me Why. Do you think you could fix them? I attach a save game on discord in your channel, just walk out of the store and you'll see them when you look at the snow. Everything else so far in the game is perfect.

thanks

TME-Win64-Shipping015_100.jpg
Looks strange, may be some false positive shader or some what. I can check this but before i download and install the game please do me a favor:

1. Try alternative Mode 1 to start the game if you dont have done it allready and report.
2. If 1. is not working to fix it: remove this part from the d3dx.ini and try again if this fixes it:

Code: Select all

;;uncomment this lines if you got some issue with shadows
[TextureOverrideDepthTarget2]
match_type = Texture2D
match_format = R24G8_TYPELESS
match_bind_flags = 0x48
match_width = height
StereoMode=2
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Thanks Losti. Unfortunately, none of these methods resolved the issue :(
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Lysander wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:08 pm Thanks Losti. Unfortunately, none of these methods resolved the issue :(
Ok ill check this today.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Losti wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:31 pm
Lysander wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:08 pm Thanks Losti. Unfortunately, none of these methods resolved the issue :(
Ok ill check this today.
Thanks Losti, the fix from discord worked perfectly! Don't forget to include it in the next UF release :)
Losti

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V8.10] - Game List: 21.03.2022

Post by Losti »

UPDATE:

Change-Logs - 8.01 to 8.10
- some RegEx issues fixed can lead to not fixed effect
- fixed an issue with false positive SpecReflect/Parallax occlusion fixes
- propper clipping fix for clipping fix done before only appriximate that COULD HAVE caused clipping in some scenes of games using low convergence
- an issue was fixed with the config tool quits on an error
- fixed missing side screen reflections
- fixed regex error for side screen reflections in special cases
- brings back the alternative point light fix that was faulty disabled in 8.0
- an issue was fixed for 4 hud shaders that causes them screen depth
- additional halo fix not found before
- additional special fixes for mono rendering things
Losti

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V8.11] - Game List: 26.03.2022

Post by Losti »

Change-Logs - 8.10 to 8.11
- fixed an issue for UE4-Engine games lower than 4.20 decals was not correctly displayed in 8.10
- fixed an issue for config folder decection with the config tools verbose search function that can lead to false tracked config folders
- new issue found and fixed with RegEx for light sparcles shining through objects
Losti

Post by Losti »

Change-Logs - 8.11 to 8.12
- sun/moon fix for UE4-ENGINE 4.27.X
- fixed an issue with water reflections in 4.27.X
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Just started Godfall, using V8.11 update. Normal game scenes look GREAT, but I have am difficulty seeing the content of special screens like game codex and some upgrade screens like Valorplates (content missing, or only briefly appears). Note that Epic Games version appears to store save files only online. Has anyone else had this issue?
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:54 am Just started Godfall, using V8.11 update. Normal game scenes look GREAT, but I have am difficulty seeing the content of special screens like game codex and some upgrade screens like Valorplates (content missing, or only briefly appears). Note that Epic Games version appears to store save files only online. Has anyone else had this issue?
Lightbringer Update? I can install and check this. Do you ahve a savegame or dont i need one ?
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Yes, Lightbringer Update. Valorplate updates are location dependent, but codex can be accessed anytime, so no save file is required for the codex issue. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a save file - or even find a save file on my PC. Thank you for looking into these issues, Losti.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:05 am Yes, Lightbringer Update. Valorplate updates are location dependent, but codex can be accessed anytime, so no save file is required for the codex issue. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a save file - or even find a save file on my PC. Thank you for looking into these issues, Losti.
I cant get the game online starting, critical EPIC online service error

//EITH: Seems to work starting the game direct via EPIC-Launcher and adding -dx11 there not to start DX12 ^^

//EDITH2: You need to set rasterizer_disable_scissor = 1 to rasterizer_disable_scissor = 0 in the d3dx.ini to solve the issue. :woot
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Thanks, Losti! The change to the d3dx.ini works perfectly! I can now see mission assignment screen, codex, and so on.

Yes, it took several steps like manually adding -dx11 to the Epic game launcher to enable your outstanding fix to work with the game.
Losti

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V8.13] - Game List: 06.04.2022

Post by Losti »

Change-Logs - 8.12 to 8.13
- fixed an issue with some older UE4 games loosing massive performance due to a HUD-shader dont like auto depth instructions
- fixed an issue that prevents EPIC games to launch if some Overlay and Overlay_ renamed folder exists in parallel
- fixed an issue that leads to false positive results of a RegEx that can slight incorrectness of sparkles on ground
- an issue was fixe with some MONO-CS RegEx that can causes completely wrong things
Skawen
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Skawen »

Thank You Losti for continuous support of this most glorious universal fix of all times :)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Skawen wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:25 am Thank You Losti for continuous support of this most glorious universal fix of all times :)
Your welcome :-)
Losti

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V8.14] - Game List: 06.04.2022

Post by Losti »

Change-Logs - 8.13 to 8.14
- AutoConvergence and or Auto-Depth-HUD should now work for 100 % of the UE4-Engine games due to new complete UE4-ENGINE wide solution for the depth buffer
- maximum possible performance now if you are using AutoConvergence and or Auto-Depth-HUD due to only 1-4 full resource copies in total!
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Thanks for your continued support of UE4, Losti, even as developers keep tweaking their use of the game engine!

Unfortunately, Godfall's new Exalted update appears to have broken some shaders. For example, some minor reflection issues now appear in the Sanctum (the game hub area).
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:08 pm Thanks for your continued support of UE4, Losti, even as developers keep tweaking their use of the game engine!

Unfortunately, Godfall's new Exalted update appears to have broken some shaders. For example, some minor reflection issues now appear in the Sanctum (the game hub area).
Can i have a screenshot please?
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

See Aperion...pns file at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 3KmzfSn6ND for typical example. Unfortunately, this screen save file is 41MB - the game does not appear to support downscaling from my EDID 4K native resolution.
djb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by djb »

Thank You Losti, got Sherlock Holmes working in Surround with SHCO-WSF at PCGW. https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sherl ... _One#Video

I appreciate your hard work.

Sincerely,
Losti

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V8.15] - Game List: 16.04.2022

Post by Losti »

Change-Logs - 8.14 to 8.15
- more accurate RegEx for additional object fix solving issues in UE4 games Engine Version 4.26.X
- new anti-flicker-fix (culling) should fix flickering objects and shadows in the distance

FIXED GAMES

Ikai
Graven
Backbone
Shores Unknown
Killsquad
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:08 pm Thanks for your continued support of UE4, Losti, even as developers keep tweaking their use of the game engine!

Im on to prepare an update :-)
Losti

Post by Losti »

I have pushed an update for GODFALLS fixing reflections after the game update. Please visit the Helixmod Blog post to get the update.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V8.15] - Game List: 17.04.2022

Post by whyme466 »

Thank you, Losti! This small but dedicated 3D community is very fortunate and grateful for your incredible support.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:09 am Thank you, Losti! This small but dedicated 3D community is very fortunate and grateful for your incredible support.
THY for your kind words. An Update is pending removing many unnecessary RegEx because of some more universal joint venture of some i did :-) So may we save some caching time. But I need to do a bunch of testings now ^^
Losti

Post by Losti »

I am Preparing some update for the Universal fix and did some benchmarks on a demo game, based on the changes from 8.15 to the upcoming 8.20 fix:

8.15 to 8.20: FPS gain arround 2-4 %
8.20 fix-RegEx consumes arround: 7 % FPS
MIGOTO consumes additional arround: 9 % FPS

Averange from multimple meassurements (means: starting game, delete shader cache, test again)

NO-Migito: 50.0 - 51.0 -- averange arround 50.0 FPS
Migto but No Fix: 44.8 - 46.4 -- averange arround 45.8 FPS
8.15: 40.1 - 41.7 -- averange arround 41.5 FPS
8.20: 42.1 - 43.6 -- averange arround 43.0 FPS
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Very nice. Any fps gains are always awesome.
Skawen
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Skawen »

Thanks to Your amazing fix I played Martha is dead & with autocovariance this was amazing experience, thank You for all Your hard work for 3d vision.

Some pics:
MID-Win64-Shipping007_085.jpg
MID-Win64-Shipping004_085.jpg
MID-Win64-Shipping001_085.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Yeah, AC is since i have tuned and scaled it a really cool feature i often use and that often do not need much tweaking than may cycle the modes a bit but for 80 % i think its ok as it is if enabled.

THY for your feedback!
Losti

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V9.00] - Game List: 09.05.2022

Post by Losti »

OK i pushed a huge UPDATE for the UE4-UF2 with some nice HUD/UI depth features, additional fixes and bugfixes, PLEEEEASE read the new things about the HUD/UI AUTODEPTH, its CHANGED !!!!! I have also revised the Instructions for h opefully a better overfiew of the OSD things and added OSD scaling so you can now use it at 4K without be to tiny! ESSENTIAL CHANGES ARE BELOW, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ!

Change-Logs - 8.15 to 9.00
- fixed an issue that kills some stuff in the horizon in some games
- additional reflection fix for UE4-ENGINE 4.27
- fixes some reflections that still were surface depth for UE4-ENGINE 4.27
- fixed an issue with a special case for objects
- changed a bunch of RegEx and merged them to reduce RegEx amount for faster shader caching and less input lags, this is around +10-15 % faster now
- replaced a bunch of 2 instruction ASM ShaderRegEx fixes by only one that can give you 2-4 % more FPS in games
- some changes made for the Parallax Occlusion shader-regex ref. not catching the wrong but catching the right, the prev. behavior leads to some incorrect fix for UE4-ENGINE 4.25.X
- fixing some issue with depth buffer for Auto Convergence and Auto-Depth-HUD
- introducing new version of AutoDepth for "Crosshair only" that is enabled by default, breaking a minimum of the menu HUD/UI but give you crosshair automatic depth. This option is DEFAULT on, press F3 to get the old AutoDepth HUD/UI behavior. DISABLE any AutoDepth for HUD/UI not changed. Just added the "crosshair only" mode for Automatic depth of crosshair.
- introducing new automatic HUD/UI depth handling target to switching off AutoDepth in menus if detected. May cause Crosshair swith to static depth if huge textues spit out in gameplay, F4 to turn off
- Depth buffer source optimized for less need of the use for alternative AutoDepth-Crosshair mode
- fixed issues with auto depth and convergence get stuck and updated too slow by new universal depth buffer source and removing old residues
- experimental fix removed
- an issue was fixed with EFFECT RegEx for games with UE4-ENGINE below 4.23
- separation in the OSD is now shown without a one eye issue and on screen depth
- VERY LOW Convergence preset removed
- Reduction of convergence using LOW Convergence preset can now be adjusted by ALT+PgUP/Dn to your likes. Default is if this preset is toggled current convergence -80 %
- KEY CHANGE! LOW Convergence preset toggle is now ALT+INSERT
- general OSD "improvements" due to bring a little more overview purely, HUD/UI depth Options renamed to be more intuitive in what they are doing.
- some key switch bugs removed for the OSD functions
- OSD size is now scaling with your game resolution, it was only "perfect" or for 2k resolution, so any above or below was too small/big

IN-GAME-OSD - Functions and Explanations

- HUD/UI AUTO Depth [ON/OFF]: DEFAULT = ON. Enable or Disable by "~" (TILDE), "^" , or XB_GUIDE. The automatic HUD/UI depth that allows you to have Crosshair and other elements into automatic aligned surface depth.
--NOTE: [ON] and [OFF] is self explaining, [AUTO ON]/[AUTO OFF] means its automatically set by the
AUTO HUD/UI DEPTH HANDLING option (NEW in 9.00). If you want it permanent ON or OFF, just use the toggle key to do this to skip the automatic ON/OFF switch or in cases you need it because HUD/UI is still broken in menus and/or annoying with elements in too high depth

GENERAL SIDE NOTE: IF you want get back to the HUD/UI Depth behavior from the UE4-UF2 before 9.00, just disable this and every HUD/UI element is in STATIC Depth, like if you started a game in versions before 9.00

- AUTO HUD Depth Handling [ON/OFF]: DEFAULT = ON. New mechanism introduced in 9.00 for automatic HUD/UI depth handling that tries to detect if the game is in a MENU and than automatically disable the AUTO-DEPTH! Switch with F4
--NOTE: This CAN fail in dependency of the game and than leads to AUTO-DEPTH OFF, e.g. if a large texture is pushed to the scene like blog on screen for example. It also do NOT be 100 % detect menus. The mechanism is texture size based so if large textures are present AUTO-DEPTH will be off, and the other way round. MEANS: If AUTO-DEPTH is NOT off in menus, you cant do anything here than disable it manually if annoying with "~" (TILDE), "^" , or XB_GUIDE. If IN GAME the AUTO-DEPTH switches ON and OFF for moments/situations you don't want it, DISABLE this option. This can be adjusted by me for individual games.

- AUTO Depth OFFSET [XXX %]: DEFAULT = 0 %. Add an offset to the automatic depth that can be + or - in dependency of your likes and the game. Change this with ALT + NUM"*" or NUM"/" if CROSSHAIR is too high or low in depth for you/the game.
--NOTE: AUTO-DEPTH-Crosshair [ALTERNATIVE] Mode may often needs some negative values here, but up to you.

- Depth-Cross. [NORMAL/ALTERNATIVE]: DEFAULT = NORMAL. If the CROSSHAIR or some UI elements are not in right depth, try [ALTERNATIVE]. This happens if some character based things (often like weapons, arms etc.) crossing the middle of the screen on high convergence). The ALTERNATIVE mode is not as accurate like the normal one, but helps you to get an approx. Auto Depth crosshair in games having this foreground issue. Switch mode with ALT + NUMPAD0

- AUTO Cross. ONLY Mode [ON/OFF]: DEFAULT = ON. Introduces in 9.00, that will NOT push any FONT into auto depth, and also no "large" textures. This is game depended! IF Crosshair is NOT in AUTO-DEPTH, turn this of if you need. This mode reduces the broken HUD/UI in menus in a soft way and can be adjusted for individual games my me. Switch with F3

- Adjust AUTO Depth HUD/UI Area: Only available if "AUTO Cross. ONLY Mode" is OFF. ALT + DIRECTION-KEYS defines the range starting from the middle of the screen for any direction of it in that HUD/UI will be pushed in AUTOMATIC depth. If a texture is crossing the defined starting point, it shifts in a way you don't like/want. This settings has to be adjusted game specific if defaults do not match.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL SIDE NOTE: IF you want get back to the HUD/UI depth behavior from the UE4-UF2 before 9.00, just disable the "AUTO HUD Depth Handling" and "AUTO Cross. ONLY Mode"!

FIXED GAMES

NOTE: This list DO NOT MEAN that the game is COMPLETELY working out of the box from the fix, you may need to choose some crash prevention options form the config tool, may some in game OSD changes. Please read the "Issues Left" section from above.

07.05.2022:
Loopmancer
The Gunk
Thymesia
Trek to Yomi
Ultra Age
Fobia: St. Dinfna Hotel
Losti

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V9.01] - Game List: 12.05.2022

Post by Losti »

Change-Logs - 9.00 to 9.01
- HOTFIX: Fixing an issue with special case object RegEx leads to disappearing things
- Fixed a new issue that kills objects together with MASTEROTAKU
- Automatic HUD/UI depth handling improved for default profile
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Re: [3D-UNIVERSAL-Fix] Unreal Engine 4 - [V9.01] - Game List: 12.05.2022

Post by whyme466 »

Dolmen appears to work well with V9.01 (just started game, but initial scenes look great with Losti's latest version). I simply needed to set -dx11 as game launch option. Thanks for your superb work, Losti!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”