How to get dual-screen S3D to work with 8600 GT?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

How to get dual-screen S3D to work with 8600 GT?

Post by Sabre2552 »

I have a dual-display setup currently, and am interested in using the two LCDs for S3D by putting a mirror in between the two. However, I am unsure of which drivers to use, as I am stuck with a Geforce 8600 GT video card, which I have heard is unlucky with S3D. The S3D drivers from Nvidia force me to download the Nvidia card's older drivers, but my computer doesn't seem to like these... Is there another set of drivers to get this S3D style working, or anything at all I could do to get it to work?
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

The new iZ3D drivers should work, at least for 30 days (the free evaluation period for the dual screen mode). They work on any 3D video card.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

How much would it cost to have the dual-screen mode as permanent...?
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Sabre2552 wrote:How much would it cost to have the dual-screen mode as permanent...?
at the moment iz3d doesn't yet officially sell them. perhaps if you contact them they'll give you an estimate.

or if you're naughty-naughty you'll just delete the drivers from the registry every 30 days :)
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I think the price is not announced yet. They said the price would be announced before the trial period is up. It was released around April 23 so the price should be announced before the end of the month.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

btw I also have an nvidia 8600 (GTS), and 2 19' monitors. (1 CRT and 1 LCD). Do you have msn messenger/ ICQ ? I was thinking of trying this myself.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

Ah, okay, I hope it's not too much, as this is the only way I can currently (hopefully) get S3D to work. I had to replace a lost DVI cable, though, so I won't be able to test this until the end of the week, when it comes in the mail.

[EDIT] For the price, do you get the OpenGL drivers as well, do you have to choose which you want, or is there a stacking fee?
Sabre2552
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabre2552 »

I got the cable to hook up the second monitor in the mail today. :D I was ecstatic to try it out, hoping I would finally be able to experience 3D gaming. However, upon hooking it up and installing the drivers, I've found a few problems...

1) The iZ3D drivers won't let me access my secondary screen for normal usage.

2) I can't seem to find a feature to have the image flipped on the right screen for use with a mirror. Do the iZ3D drivers actually have this feature, or if not, how can I flip the image for games without flipping it for normal usage? (if I have to flip it for normal usage as well, can there at least be a hotkey to set it back after I play a game?)

[EDIT] The secondary screen usage is working now, but it is disappointing to hear that the flipped-image thing is unsupported so far... Does anyone know of any way I could get this to work?

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”