game support - nvidia vs iz3d and tridef

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
hifidelitygaming
One Eyed Hopeful

game support - nvidia vs iz3d and tridef

Post by hifidelitygaming »

Which notable games are exclusive to working on one or two of the three systems, has anyone compiled a list? Are there notable games that work better on one over the other?

The more i'm researching the new nvidia 3d system the less i'm impressed. :P (apparently the new glasses don't even work with the old nvidia drivers and their older game support either... making me think using the edimensional wired glasses I have with an iz3d/tridef solution makes more sense)
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: game support - nvidia vs iz3d and tridef

Post by Neil »

http://www.gamegrade3d.com

View and share compatibility findings here. It's the only database of games that is based on measurable criteria, and its results are NOT influenced by marketing interests.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Don't go with edimensional unless you really need support for seriously old titles (like DirectX 7 or old OpenGL games). Otherwise its just going to be a headache. You need an old computer with a 7000 series Nvidia card, Windows XP, a CRT monitor. Might has well just be living in the stone age.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Really, once you upgrade from eDimensional to 3D Vision, you'll realise that its much better in terms of the glasses (wider FOV) and driver support (WAY less buggy).

Unless you specifically have a really really old game you wish to run id just upgrade.

The problem with the legacy ones is that the results vary even between drivers. IE BF2 only runs perfectly on 91.x, but many other games only run perfectly on 16x.x.

PITA.
hifidelitygaming
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hifidelitygaming »

cybereality wrote:Don't go with edimensional unless you really need support for seriously old titles (like DirectX 7 or old OpenGL games). Otherwise its just going to be a headache. You need an old computer with a 7000 series Nvidia card, Windows XP, a CRT monitor. Might has well just be living in the stone age.
Seriously old titles is my bread and butter. :P I mostly want to taste newer titles in 3d, since I don't have the level of hardware needed to make them run really well anyways. If I could find glasses which ran old and new stuff i'd get them, but as it is i'm just spending $200 for new glasses only usable on new titles which also need new videocards to get working etc etc so it's much more than $200... i'm content waiting for a couple years for prices to get more reasonable.

Plus I have a few spare edimensional glasses that I wanted to give away to friends with a way to run 3d movies on the cheap, if I could get them working properly on newer OS'es.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”