MTBS-TV: HDMI Talks 3D at CES 2012

Respond to the movers and shakers by making THEM move and shake!
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS-TV: HDMI Talks 3D at CES 2012

Post by PressBot »

[youtube-hd]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEDKMouVheQ[/youtube-hd]
Neil Schneider Interview Steve Venuti, President of HDMI Licensing
Original YouTube video has 3D viewing options.

This is MTBS' interview with Steve Venuti, President of HDMI Licensing at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES Unveiled).  Steve shares details about the latest developments at HDMI and what they mean for stereoscopic 3D gamers.  Steve also talks about the ramifications of HDMI and mobile technologies in the new year.

HDMI issued a further press release shortly after this video was recorded.

Special thanks to Magix for providing their Movie Edit Pro MX editing software which helped make this video possible.

Read full article...
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: MTBS-TV: HDMI Talks 3D at CES 2012

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

I'm sorry - I just learned that the video was encoded with just the left channel in stereo - and not with mono. I will reencode later. Grrrrr! It takes HOURS to encode these 3D videos because my notebook is so DANG slow!!! Grrrrrrr!

We are getting more good videos, though. I will have to pick and choose the priority stuff given the encoding times, and release more stuff when we get back to our powerhouse machines.

Regards,
Neil
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by budda »

Hi,

I just have to ask an obvious question.

PC graphics cards have used 400MHz RamDacs for many years to display analog graphics with VGA connector technology.

So what is so good about HDMI now being upgraded to 300MHz silicon ?

I think PC gamers have been sold out with all this movie industry mumbo jumbo. It hasn't moved with the times.

By the way, are shops still flogging gold plated $150 HDMI cables because of some superior signal quality. Especially funny since digital signals come in 1s and 0s.

Thanks.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

budda wrote:So what is so good about HDMI now being upgraded to 300MHz silicon ?
It's good because these new HDMI transmission chips will allow S3D gaming in 1080p at 60Hz per eye, when current HDMI transmission chips can only support 720p at 60Hz per eye or 1080p at 24Hz per eye. But we've to wait for display manufacturers to use them now, I hope some announces will be made at CES.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

HDMI is awesome. Has raw passthrough, but I wonder why video needs 10gbps. My blu-ray drive can pass all the 3d disc info through sata at most 60MB/s where the video transmission needs 1000MB/s . Speed is nice but there must be some hidden thing about it.

As I say "If your computer is working, Don't Fix It, Make it Faster!"

Now we don't need the DVI-D dual link output, vga will still be used for something I am sure.

Forgot to say that, I can see the day where you only need one cable to display to control keyboard, mouse, usb, monitor ect.. and also by having the same pc able to use other microsoft user accounts to other displays with intergrated expansion plugs. Like if you have a 30 core processor along with parallel processing. Would make a very clean room with only three cables, rj45, power and an Intergrated display expantion plug.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Libertine
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Libertine »

I hope you ask some active 3DTV manufacturers when they will be incorporating the new HDMI chips into their 3DTV's and if they have already.

Return to “MTBS Interview User Remarks”