3Dward
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dward »

22" long rifle of course !

Why ?
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

I was just curious if you had the Zalman or some Anaglyph glasses...

Please continue testing :wink:
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

Has Anyone got these drivers to work with the ED shutters yet??
zam420
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zam420 »

chrisjarram wrote:Has Anyone got these drivers to work with the ED shutters yet??
I don't think its possible because IMO before starting S3D the driver detects whether the zalman monitor is attached or not. So there is no work around possible. I have already messed up ith my registry enough and no combination of registry settings worked.

Logically it shouldn't work as zalman payed nvidia for that driver.
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Updated with silent hunter 4, which unfortunately did not seem to work at all.

i will test a few ore this week. Anyone else with a zalman screen want to test a few ?
Intel Q6600 Quad core @ 3.6Ghz
Asus P5E (X38 Chipset) Motherboard
Nvidia 8800 GTS 512MB (G92)
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
Zalman 22" Stereo Monitor
LawnDart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LawnDart »

Hi guys,

I have a Zalmon 22"

I'm new here so sorry if you knew this already:

For the garbled screen such as in WOW, Make sure that "Change flat panel scaling" in the NVIDIA control panel is set to "Do not scale". If the video game image scales, the lines don't match up with the filter that is on the Zalmon display causing garbled stereo.

Games I've tried:
World of Worcraft - Works fine for me with no issues.
Crysis - Looks great except for the laser sight rendering in 2d which puts it at the glass.
Call of Duty 4 - Love it. The laser sight renders most of the way to the object your pointing at but it is in stereo, which is better than nothing.
Portal - Works and looks cool. There is some ghosting because of the colors of the game.
Half Life 2 and add-ons - Look really good. The laser sight is a bit funky but does work (cross in one eye and not in the other). The ( ) shaped site looks cool.
rFactor - Worked well for me. It really helps in finding the corner as you're driving into it.
World in Conflict - What a rush! Once shadows and bloom are turned off it's simply amazing.
Bioshock - Very nice. Turning off shadow maps help big time. The laser sight is in 2d but isn't that bothersome for some reason.
Call of Juarez - Looks really nice. 2d laser sight. This is a "great" western shooter. I've waited a long time for one of these.
Gears of War - A must own (if you ask me) Looks great in stereo. 2d laser sight. The 2d sight doesn't really a bother since when aiming you are zoomed in.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Looks really cool. The laser sight works!!!
UT2004 - Best laser sight I've seen. This game just rules from the ground up and stereo makes it even better.
Team Fortress 2 - OH MAN! I never knew cartoon style stereo could look so cool.

Anyway, I hope this helps in some way.

Cheers...
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

Sounds awesome!
Do you think newer/official drivers will improve and replace the 2D sights with 3D?

Oh, and keep testing games, older ones?

:P
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Lawn dart big thanks, a few of the games i tested that wouldn't work now work since i tried that little fix you mentioned. Excellent work
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

Update your scores ribuck :wink:

Just waiting for CoH and Civ IV "results" before I decide. Thanks alot for your effort non the less.
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

i'll update the reviews and i'll try Civ 4 tonight and Coh tomorrow.
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Updated list with the following games :

WOW update
FSX update
silent Hunter 4 added
Oblivion updated
Ship simulator updated.
Eve online updated
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
LawnDart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LawnDart »

ribuck: I'm glad I could help. :) That is an easy one to miss since it is a bit out of the norm.

More games I've tried: (this is fun)

- LOR - Battle for Middle earth - Works really well.
- LOR - Battle for Middle Earth II - Freakin awesome. The ocean is AMAZING. I stared at it for quite some time.
- Spiderman 3 - Rocks! Crawling on walls is amazing! Swinging through the city is stunning. I winced when I hit a car. Sometimes Spidey gets too close to camera and comes out but not enough to be a big problem.
- Far Cry - It made it worth playing again. Works well.
- Fable - Works ok. Glow around characters is at wrong depth.

Cheers...

P.S. I tried CoH but don't want to steal ribuck's thunder. Go for it!
LawnDart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LawnDart »

Something I've noticed and am using as a base line for settings in games. I turn off any kind of post effect such as glow, bloom, motion blur, lens flare etc...

They are effects added to the already rendered 3D image. These effects can't be accomplished in 3D (that I know of). They are laid over the top and reduce the ability to merge the the images together to get a good stereo image. Kind of like looking through thin wax paper.

I noticed that in Crysis they control the post effects through the shader quality settings. High and Very high have post effects such as bloom. I set it at Medium and the image is way better because it cuts out the bloom.

Crysis works in DX9 and DX10 btw. If NVIDIA gets the laser sight to work in stereo this game turns into a 10+ for me.

Also: In the Stereo Control panel under the "3D Stereo Game Configuration" tab, there is a pull down tab where you can select a game and get comments on the game such as "turn off shadows". Newer games at the top and older games at the bottom. They put them in alphabetical oreder and seperated them new and old with a line.

Again, I'm a newby to this forum so sorry if this is already known.

Cheers...
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

lawndart , please go ahead and do your review on Coh......can you give it some sort of scoring.......a bit like i did, so we have some indea what you liked and what you didn't like
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by apogrif »

hi all
it s a real pleasure to see a very nice team in action WAOUH thank you for your help ribuck & LawnDart.
for spending youre free time for us, with this nice very very helpful post.
i actually have a ati 1900xtx video card and i was expecting much from nivia that all this g92 chip and now g92b, i really want a good solution ; In fact play in s3d is expensive beta test (new s3d creen, new video card, no crossfire, no SLI,and the last but not the least GOOD DRIVERs!!!!) so .....:
DUDE excellent post wich help us to choose the best solution.
once agin thx to you both
apogrif
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Hey did anyone of you plan to test Hellgate London? It kind of worked with the old Nvidia driver, but it was suffering from postprocessing (wrong light, sometimes became 2D from Post Processing) - which I couldn't disable. I'd like to know, how the new driver deals with it.

I think there is a demo out there.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

luke i'll download the demo today and get it tested tomorrow as i have Civ 4 to test tonight.
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Ok thank you :)

Btw. I read, that Gears of war works. I always thought it has to much PostProcessing to do any 3D, but shivted immages (in and out of screen) but no depth. It's been the same with UT3...

Does the new nvidia driver realy make pictures with depth, or just shifted, but flat images in or out of creen?
ayqz1u0s

ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Lukepc1,

I cannot easily describe how amazing the feel of depth is, and how the objects truly look 3d and not just flat objects. I have seen games which have both depth and stuff popping out of the screen, and they look like solid 3d objects.

last nigth i messed about with the ship simulator again, and the sea looked amazing almost real somehow....i took a small boat and was bouncing off 4m waves and the spray from the front of the boat was just like you see in real life.

All i can say is that seeing it for yourself is essential as words can describe what you see.

ribuck
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I've been running the drivers on a 7900GTX and I need some help in terms of setting my expectations. The interface splits in all the games I try so I can get amazing depth, but I can't do pop-out or convergence without giving up something. Is this a limitation of my GPU until I get an 8 series card, or are our experiences the same? I think the drivers are indeed optimized for 8 series cards over 7 or earlier.

Thanks in advance,
Neil
ribuck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ribuck »

Neil, there are a good few examples where you should get some things popping out of the screen as well as depth. A good example of this is tigerwoods 2008 as the golf course looks deep in the screen but the player is slightly out of the screen and when you slowly swing the golf club back, you will see it popping out of the screen by quite a bit, maybe 5" or 6"

Also download the wow demo as the main character selection screen before you log in will give you a good test of combined depth and pop out effects, in this case swords / weapons.

If you want i can also put up an fTp and put the zalman demo on there, which is poor except the part where it's a dive video and you see the deep reef and the fish swims from the reef out of the screen and looks amazing.

ribuck.
4GB GSkill 1000Mhz DDR2
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

ribuck wrote:Lukepc1,

I cannot easily describe how amazing the feel of depth is, and how the objects truly look 3d and not just flat objects. I have seen games which have both depth and stuff popping out of the screen, and they look like solid 3d objects.

last nigth i messed about with the ship simulator again, and the sea looked amazing almost real somehow....i took a small boat and was bouncing off 4m waves and the spray from the front of the boat was just like you see in real life.

All i can say is that seeing it for yourself is essential as words can describe what you see.

ribuck
Ok I didn't want to offend you, sorry.

I was refearing to LawnDart mainly, because he claims that Gears of War and UT3 work, which don't have any depth with the old drivers. I think it is/was a postprocessing (PP) problem with these games. I was just wondering, if the have some sort of workaround for that...
I mean they don't have PP support now, do they?

If the mentioned games run, that'd be great, because it'd proove Nvidia realy has a better driver now - what I doubt. They let us down to often and for too long :evil:
UT3 seems to have some sort of demo out, but I don't know about it, because I 'played' it only some moments...
ayqz1u0s

LawnDart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LawnDart »

I don't have experiance with the old driver.

Gears of War works with this driver.

I think I said UT2004 works.

Cheers...
chrisjarram

Post by chrisjarram »

zam420 wrote:
chrisjarram wrote:Has Anyone got these drivers to work with the ED shutters yet??
I don't think its possible because IMO before starting S3D the driver detects whether the zalman monitor is attached or not. So there is no work around possible. I have already messed up ith my registry enough and no combination of registry settings worked.

So why include anaglyph mode if thats the case?
LawnDart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LawnDart »

Company of Heroes: Works and looks nice. The on field icons to control troops etc are rendered in 2d and at the glass.

8 or 9 out of 10
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

Did you try with the expansion? Because I guess you can't disable the Rain effects? Maybe the rain is rendered in 3D at some settings?

Thanks alot anyway, there's no reviews on this screen as it is and you're the only source I have to go on, until I can see it for myself.
LawnDart
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LawnDart »

I was running Company of Heroes - Opposing Fronts. Is that the expansion?

I don't have a lot of game experience as far as play time in CoH. I had it in a box. I installed it to check out the stereo. Didn't see any rain in the section I was playing.

If they used particles to do the rain is should work in 3D. I hope that's how they did it.
Knasp
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Knasp »

There are several maps that feature rain, just try one of them :)
apogrif
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by apogrif »

Hi all
befor starting excuse my english i promess that i ll do my best.
Could you please try to test some OPENGL game like QUAKE or QUAKEWARS please ?
zam420
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zam420 »

chrisjarram wrote:
zam420 wrote:

So why include anaglyph mode if thats the case?
I don't know. Maybe with zalman's money, nvidia put their focus only on anaglyph and didn't pay much attention to other s3d technologies.
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

I am having issues with the vista beta driver download area in mtbs. I get a bunch of page gibberish. I have tried downloading on IE and FF and with the same result.
QX6700 ~ ASUS Striker Extreme mobo ~ 4GB GSkill RAM DDR800 ~ eVGA GeForce 8800GTX SC Ed. ~ 850W PSU ~ 3TB HDD Space ~ ED Glasses+Anaglyph
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

Maybe the Anaglyph version is planned to attrackt customers? As a kind of Demo?
Anaglyph is no competitor of Zalman, because it's rather bad and cheap. If you use anaglph, it's either because you want to try it out, or because You don't want to invest the money... And tus won't buy anything...
ayqz1u0s

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Download works again.

Regards,
Neil
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

Thanks Neil! Downloading now!
QX6700 ~ ASUS Striker Extreme mobo ~ 4GB GSkill RAM DDR800 ~ eVGA GeForce 8800GTX SC Ed. ~ 850W PSU ~ 3TB HDD Space ~ ED Glasses+Anaglyph
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

Games tested with driver so far:

UT04 - 10/10 (good as always)
UT3 - 0/10 (not working at all)
UT99 - ?/10 (not working or 3D is not apparent)
America's Army 2.8.3 - 10/10 (good 3D present)

Company of Heroes 1 - 10/10 (mind blowing!)
Crysis - 9.5/10 (mild haze around your weapon in the game; your fps will drop by half, so play nice with this game!)
Counter Strike Source - 10/10 (appears like UT04 looks, I did have a FPS drop slightly, but it could be the beta driver)
Command and Conqueror 3 Tiberium Wars - 10/10 (works great, but not as pronounced as CoH; still worth the play, but clock your res down as it will crimp your fps unlike CoH)

Will test more games, but right now I'm a kid in a toy store :P
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

Can someone without a Zalman confirm whether this driver actually does or does not support anaglyph?

Because it doesn't do anything for me except the medical test image. And there is only so much fun to be had looking at a small square in front of a larger square.

It has a groupbox at the bottom that says "3D Stereo Display Type".
In that groupbox there are two things. On the left is a text label that says "Anaglyph (red/blue glasses)". On the right is an image of plastic anaglyph glasses.

There is no way of selecting a display type.

When I run any program, including the test application, it says "Only anaglyph stereo is allowed for this display" and shows it in mono.

IS THIS NORMAL???
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.
VadersApp
Cross Eyed!

Post by VadersApp »

No, thats not normal, Carl. Maybe the Stereo3D Entry in your registry is not right. It could help to delete the whole entry and reinstall the Stereo3d Driver.

BTW: What is shown for the zalman users in the Stereo3d controlpanel. For me its of course only anaglyph with that glasses. Does it show A Zalman monitor?
NITRO1250
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NITRO1250 »

I have no Zalman anything and it works perfectly in anaglyph. I don't dare use shutter because of my LCD's 60hz refresh rate. I'd rather not have migranes thank you very much! But yeah, it works perfectly on my Samsung Syncmaster.
mrmazola
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mrmazola »

I'm using vista home premium 64 bit, no zalman monitor just trying to get anaglyph mode to work (i know these are 32bit drivers but theres no harm in trying)

Driver installs ok, interface opens and shows anaglyph mode, but the test image & nvidia logo zoom in/out thingy are not dispalyed in anaglyph, its just displayed as normal (ie a flat image).

Just thought I'd pass the info on as maybe the previous posters who are failing to get anaglyph mode working are also using 64 bit vista.

Hopefufully they are working on the 64bit driver at the moment, in the meantime if anyone has got anaglyph mode working under 64 bit vista please let us know how.
Sebmaster
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sebmaster »

sry for my bad english but i'm german:)

Has anyone got crysis in anaglyph mode without a zalman in 3D?

The nVidia driver says I should play it in DX9 with obeject quality etc. on low... But I can't get it to work. It shows always in mono...

Anyone who got it?

greetz
Sebmaster
Last edited by Sebmaster on Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”