DXG 3D camera costs 70 bucks, or just three easy payments of

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

DXG 3D camera costs 70 bucks, or just three easy payments of

Post by Silversurfer »

By Zach Honig posted Jun 14th 2011 8:47PM

Oh, so your infant's first words were "3D camera," were they? Now you can reward your little princess with her first cam without needing to switch to store-brand baby food -- after turning off the Home Shopping Network, of course. The DXG-018 3D camera will run you just under $70, but it'll be worth every penny when your little early adopter grows up to be a gadget fiend with 15 maxed-out credit cards and $80,000 in debt. In the meantime, they'll be teething on a 1.44-inch LCD, dual lenses, an SD card (sold separately), and a pair of AA batteries. The kit also includes three 3D viewers, which apparently display 4-by-6-inch prints in three dimensions. DXG says the cam was created with kids in mind, shipping in pink, lavender, orange, green, and yellow, but it may also make a decent gift for adults, assuming they've never used a camera or viewed 3D content before.
DXG-018 3D camera

Show full PR text
DXG
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/14/dxg- ... nts-of-23/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: DXG 3D camera costs 70 bucks, or just three easy payment

Post by cybereality »

OMG! But what if the baby looks at the 3D screen?!?! Her eyes will MELT!!!!!!
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

No risk with the way she handles the camera, it'll only be 2D with her finger on the left lens. :P
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Okay yeah I'll take one. How do I add it to my shopping cart. Were's the buy now button. Man this suxs. We should relly get this fixed.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
ShawmK
Cross Eyed!

Post by ShawmK »

The camera looks cheap and nasty ("cool" colours notwithstanding) but I do like the fact that it comes with a side-by-side viewer:

Most modern 3D cameras seem to expect everyone to have a state-of-the-art 3D television if they want to actually show their photos to anyone else. Nice to see one company offering people a lower-tech alternative that isn't anaglyph!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”