[Not 3D related] Gamers less likely to go to university

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
gisabun
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

[Not 3D related] Gamers less likely to go to university

Post by gisabun »

"Are computer gamers less likely to go to university?

A University of Oxford sociological research study seems to think so, finding those who play computer games are less likely to reach university level education.

A study of 17,000 people followed since they were sixteen years old, found that those who read in their spare time, instead of played computer games, had better success at reaching higher education."

[more at source]

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/igeneration/a ... rsity/9369" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Re: [Not 3D related] Gamers less likely to go to university

Post by cirk2 »

Wait and why are there computer-freaks all over the place? People the can better write code for the Linux kernel than talk to other humans?

I am a Gamer and I read books and I study at a university of applied science... I hate unrepresentative surveys...
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Re: [Not 3D related] Gamers less likely to go to university

Post by crim3 »

Maybe it's you who is not representative cirk2 ;)
But I happen to be in the same case than you, though. Well, I studied. In my case those days are long gone :'(
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”