Great Day for DLP3D, Plasma3D, and Native Display Profiles

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Great Day for DLP3D, Plasma3D, and Native Display Profiles

Post by pixel67 »

A couple of newsworthy items from yesterday.

First and foremost, I just wanted to draw some addtional attention to efforts of one of our fellow board members. CarlKenner started a thread last week announcing that he was adding native 3d support to an opensource game called Assault Cube. http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1070

He has done an extraordinary job of doing just that and has created the first playable game that I am aware of that offers native DLP3D Support, as well as support for over a dozen other display formats. I hate to repeat myself, but GREAT JOB! I think we should follow Neils suggestion in the following thread and create an open source category in the Developers Corner.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... pen+source

Hopefully we can attract others with CarlKenner's talent to join in and create a full selection of stereo enabled open source games.

Secondly, Tridef has released a new set of drivers yesterday! 3DPlasma support has been added to this driver revision which gives us "couch driven" gamers more choices (Yeah for that!). They have also added support for a few new games including Bioshock, NFS Prostreet, Halo2, and FSX! I can finally play Bioshock after buying the game months ago! I played about 10 minutes of the game when i first bought it and put it on the shelf waiting for S3D Support. Guess I know what i will be doing this weekend.
8)

http://www.tridef.com/download/TriDef-3 ... e-3.1.html

Cheers!

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

Is the "3DPlasma" the one that Samsung announced during CES? Can you tell from the driver, what kind of stereoscopic display technology it will be using? Pageflipping?
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

deleted
Last edited by CarlKenner on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarlKenner

Post by CarlKenner »

deleted
Last edited by CarlKenner on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ssiu

Post by ssiu »

DLP 3D uses checkerboard because of fundamental 'wobulate' characteristics of TI's DLP chip. Plasma HDTV's doesn't do that as far as I know.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Very good question on the format being used. I have no idea and can't tell anything from the drivers. I haven't found any info on the internet either.

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”