Your Android Phone Can Now Be a 3DS AR Card

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Your Android Phone Can Now Be a 3DS AR Card

Post by Silversurfer »

Kotaku.com — 3DS AR Cards is a free app, which gives you digital versions of all the new Nintendo handheld's augmented reality cards. So rather than carrying the things around with you, you can just whip out your phone and use its onboard versions instead.

And if you're worried that confining the cards to a phone's screen will stop you from being able to create GIANT MARIOS, if your tablet device of choice can access the store then you can use the cards on a bigger screen. [Android Marketplace]

http://gizmodo.com/#!5784834/your-andro ... ds-ar-card" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Silversurfer

Re: Your Android Phone Can Now Be a 3DS AR Card

Post by Silversurfer »

interesting… I'm beginning to think this android platform might give the iPhone platform a run for its money, competition is so healthy don't you think.
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

Sort of cool, but it is just displaying .jpeg image files of the cards, nothing special. I could do the same thing with an iPhone, or a TV, or anything really.

I am hoping that a trading card game like Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, or Magic The Gathering gets a game on 3DS. A game where it recognizes the cards you have on the table and then puts 3D models on it would be amazing.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

PalmerTech wrote:Sort of cool, but it is just displaying .jpeg image files of the cards, nothing special. I could do the same thing with an iPhone, or a TV, or anything really.
It has already been done on the iPhone, Kotaku posted a video about this some days ago as is said in the article.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”