Nintendo 3DS could get 3D video recording in the future

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Nintendo 3DS could get 3D video recording in the future

Post by Silversurfer »

By Tim Stevens posted Jan 14th 2011 9:31AM

3D gaming is obviously the big story on the Nintendo 3DS, letting you get your depth on without even having to cross your eyes. However, 3D image taking is also a nice thing that the company has provided, adding a second VGA camera to the back so that you can take twice the low-res images at once and layer 'em together. However, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has recently indicated he wants to do better, not confirming any specific plans, but saying in an interview: "I think it will be fun if we're able to include video recording capabilities with future updates." You know what we think would be fun? A battery that lasts more than eight hours. Joystiq
Nintendo

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/14/nint ... e-james-c/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Nintendo 3DS could get 3D video recording in the future

Post by yuriythebest »

I assumed it'd be able to do that from launch date
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Nintendo 3DS could get 3D video recording in the future

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I was hoping it took video too. I wonder why they wouldn't have built that from the start.

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”