Viewsonic projector or Mitsubishi 73 3d TV

Slick
One Eyed Hopeful

Viewsonic projector or Mitsubishi 73 3d TV

Post by Slick »

Viewsonic projector or Mitsubishi 73 3d TV. I am in the market for a 3d experience. I was wondering which would be best for the full 3d experience. I am mainly into 3d gaming on the pc btw. Which one would be best for this.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Viewsonic projector or Mitsubishi 73 3d TV

Post by pixel67 »

Projector. I would opt for the Acer first based on reviews on the Nvidia board and here as well. Optoma's line if they end up being supported by Nvidia. I am sure the 73in mits is great, but there is no substitute for size.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

pixel67 wrote:Projector. I would opt for the Acer first based on reviews on the Nvidia board and here as well. Optoma's line if they end up being supported by Nvidia. I am sure the 73in mits is great, but there is no substitute for size.
A 73inch TV is huge and unless you have a large room and a good place to mount your projector without your head casting a shadow teh TV may be bigger than a projector.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
vrekks
Cross Eyed!

Post by vrekks »

What are you going to be playing on the display? Online twitch games? Then the smaller display is your best bet.
How big do you want your display? If your answer is anything over 100 inches then the projector.
What is the setup of the room your are using it in? Will the projector be floor mounted (like on a coffee table) or ceiling mounted? If you are going to floor mount the pj then a da lite high power fabric screen will increase the brightness which will help in s3d. How often will you have people moving about the room or picking things up (like a drink off a table) that will block the pjs image? This last one doesn't seem like it would be important but it is quite distacting to have a head or hand shaped shadow on the screen. Another thing to consider is that the cost of the pj is not just the cost of the pj but the cost of the screen and cables as well. Most people have their sources (cable box, dvd player, pc) on the same side of the room and the screen. This means you will have to run cables from one side of the room (where your sources are) to the projector on the other side. How will you hide these cables?

These are some things to consider. You could always use flat speaker wire and crimp composite or component connectors on them but that's not 3d friendly. I think projectors are more versatile but require better lighting control than a rptv. Either way those are both choices. Enjoy.
"Who has ever torn himself from the claw that encloses you when you drop a seed in a TV parlor? It grows you any shape it wishes! It is an environment as real as the world. It becomes and is the truth. Books can be beaten down with reason. But with all my knowledge and scepticism, I have never been able to argue with a one-hundred-piece symphony orchestra, full colour, three dimensions, and I being in and part of those incredible parlors."
tomgiboney
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tomgiboney »

Just a quick FYI, the Mitsubishi DLP 60", 65", 73" (and maybe but I'm not entirely sure, perhaps the 82" too) TVs all use the same exact lamp. Meaning that the 60" model will be the brightest possible picture. Which brighter is best in Shutter 3D since we lose almost half the brightness immediately with 3D turned on.

This is true for the C9 and 737 series, not sure of other series.

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”