MTBS Interviews Main Street Pictures!

Respond to the movers and shakers by making THEM move and shake!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

MTBS Interviews Main Street Pictures!

Post by Neil »

Now we got the word from a leading film maker. Your thoughts? Are games the driving force for S-3D success in the home? Is 2009 the magic year for S-3D? Do you agree that there is no competition between home and cinema S-3D solutions?

Regards,
Neil
sharky

Post by sharky »

nice interview!

i prepared a digg for this one.. :D

digg it all

http://digg.com/movies/Spongebob_Square ... _Day_Maybe
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Once again Neil, very nice job! I really enjoy reading your interviews with Hollywood as they are creating the excitement in the theaters that will make everyone ask, "Why can't I see S3D at home?". Very insightfull. I have to agree with him that PC Gaming will be the venue to bring S3D mainstream in peoples homes. Its the hard work of folks like you and vendors like IZ3D, Nvidia, and DDD that will usher this in. We just need to get the game developers on board to the same degree that Hollywood is getting on board. I think S3D on the PC will continue to be a niche product until we get a few visionary developers (i.e. Crytek, ID, EPIC) drinking S3D Kool-Aid. Pictures are worth a thousand words, as they say. If there is one picture that sums up what S3D can offer I would have to say it is the picture in your gallery showing the terrain on Mars. In 2D, the terrain looks fairly level and it is near impossible to pick out elevation changes other than obvious ones. When you turn on 3D however, you suddenly realize you are actually viewing the landscape on top of a ridge and can easily pick out a small elevation variations, revines where it previously looked flat, and textures within the rocks themselves! Suddenly you say to yourself, "that is what it ACTUALLY looks like"! Same goes for our gaming enjoyment. You really don't know what is there and how it is SUPPOSED to look until you see it in S3D.

On home vs theater competition, I believe this competition does exist for many reasons. At the theater, you are literally a captive audience. There is no pausing for a bathroom break or skipping the commercials. With S3D in the theater, piracy is also a non issue. This will eventually pull more people off of the couch and into theaters where it is easy to pay the extra dollar or two and see it in S3D. More people = more revenue. Too many standards need to be worked out before we will see any mass produced 3D films in the home (encoding format, decryption, compatible DVD players, etc...). If piracy is completely addressed somehow then the competition between the markets will ease a bit. However, every S3D gamer today has access to some type of media player so the potential is there to seed the market...

Again, Great Job!

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
sharky

Post by sharky »

hey if we archive 41 diggs the article is randomly shown in the main page!
Neil

Post by Neil »

Yes! It would be interesting to see if Digging the articles will help drive attention to our cause. It only takes a moment to register and just clicking on the Digg option.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “MTBS Interview User Remarks”