ASUS P5W DH motherboard and two Graphics cards

Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

ASUS P5W DH motherboard and two Graphics cards

Post by Lucky »

Hi, I am wondering if anyone here can help me. I have an ASUS P5W DH motherboard (Crossfire) and one ATI x1900xtx. For S-3D I am going to have to buy an Nvidia card, I'll probably buy a GeForce 7900. Anyways, can I install both cards so that the x1900xtx runs my monitor and the GeForce runs my Dual Projectors? Does anyone know?
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

i never tryed, but i think that you can select wich is the "master" card and use that for the projector.. or maybe in cloning... dunny.. but xp usually is very flexible in this kind of things... maybe somebody else can give you a better answer

bye
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I think somewhere stood, that two different cards work together simultaneously - with different drivers, but e.g. two different geforce Cards would give an error, because the driver is already installed...
You can use two GFX cards 7xxx + 8xxx but not on the same xp config with sli motherboard, i use with success, i've now a DS4 Gigabyte N650i SLI, one pcX for 8800 gts and one for 7600 GT specially for VR920 icuiti hmd, i needed a lot of tweakings and one other install of XP one on C: and one on D: , copied software and user regbase files for having same config for my games keys etc..(this is optionnal but if you know a little win you can use these), in the bios i need to choose what PCX port to start and (PEG or PEG2) After what winxp to go with in the boot.ini menu, it work nice but long to configure, i can't use these two cards at the same times cause they use different drivers with the same file names (may be with an hexa editor we could patchs file to rename each file gvidia vs nvidia but a hardwork to do....), i let one card on each xp uninstalled (not deactivated cause it make some conflicts dunno why) but windows stopped to ask me for install at now, if i had an ati it will work together but no driver for stereo that's why i need this os switching, i use nhancer too in winxp to remove one core of my e6600 for gaming in 3d, i wait for NVIDIA may be one day they will make a driver who support core2duo and 8800 it would be great for last games like Flight Sim 10, it's nice with 8800 and with vr920 it's great but missing a lot of details, i don't care at now drivers for vista cause i hate these s**t but i would have a F*C**G DRIVERS FOR 3D GAMING NORMALLY WITH MY VR920
from here:
http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t ... hlight=ati

It's not exactly the same problem, but kapi says it shuld work...
Maybe the editor can confirm this...
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
kapi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kapi »

Since i managed to get it work without Two XP install with the 162.18 unified drivers, two differents gfx cards is simpliest, ati+ nvidia are different drivers so simple to install it, omega or catalyst for Ati and Forceware for geforce, the most difficult was two differents nvidia with different architecture like 8000 serie with below serie (6000, 7000) but now with new driver it's ok.
Windows XPSP2+2003server(Vista Suxx)
C2D E6600@3+4 gb Gskill Extreme
Gigabyte DS4 N650i SLI
Axxyon 680w PSU+Antec 900
8800 GTS320@550/850 WITH NO F**** STEREO DRIVERS
7600GT in no Sli Mode 163.76+162.50
Icuiti VR920 Hmd
22 IIYAMA LCD Monitor
Lucky
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lucky »

Ok that's good to know, thanks for the response! I have a lead on a GeForce 7900, I think I am going to buy it for $150CDN cash.. although I forget now if it is 256MB or 512MB?
gisabun

Post by gisabun »

I'm just wondering how much resources the two will take. Both load up a few drivers and services. Expect a longer loading time.
carischila
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: ASUS P5W DH motherboard and two Graphics cards

Post by carischila »

Post deleted.
Last edited by carischila on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
gisabun

Re: ASUS P5W DH motherboard and two Graphics cards

Post by gisabun »

florila wrote:What is the best motherboard to use with an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor? I want to build my own system and need to know what type of motherboard goes best with the processor. I would like to know things like the brand (GIgabyte, MSI, etc.) and which type would be most stable?
Any reason you didn't start a new topic?

What you asking is a bit too much for someone to answer.

Unsure why you are aiming for a Core 2 Quad. They'll be fazed out as the Core i3 are probably their replacements.

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”