NVIDIA 3d glasses + DDD Tri Ded?

HeadCrabNed
One Eyed Hopeful

NVIDIA 3d glasses + DDD Tri Ded?

Post by HeadCrabNed »

I am building a new computer for playing 3d games and my dad is all excited about watching 3d video. The computer would have an i7 processor and one gtx 260 card. However, I can't figure out which 3d packages to buy- DDD's TriDef software, or NVIDIA's 3d glasses and drivers.
I think I like the NVIDIA glasses more, and some preconceived notion that the nvidia drivers would be more compatible with games than the weird DDD ones. My dad is more interested in the 3d video converting, and would be ok with paying $50 for just the TriDef 3d software since the NVIDA package has no converter.Has anyone tried using the NVIDIA glasses with the TriDef video player? Also, I've heard that the TriDef software actually does work with Vista 64 Bit- which would be nice considering the i7 processor. I would love to ask DDD about this, but can't seem to get any customer support without forst buying the software :?
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Re: NVIDIA 3d glasses + DDD Tri Ded?

Post by Tril »

What monitor or projector do you intend to buy?
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

HeadCrabNed
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HeadCrabNed »

We're getting a Mitsubishi 1080p tv, which is also 3d ready.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

If you want to play games then I'd say go with the Nvidia glasses. The nvidia 3d drivers support a whole lot of games. You can also watch native 3D movies although it doesn't come with any converter (which may not be that great quality anyhow). I have no idea if the DDD software will work with the 3D vision glasses, but its likely.

You also have another option of getting some generic shutter glasses (like this: http://www.razor3donline.com/dlp3d-bundl-adv.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and use that with the iz3D driver for gaming (an extra $50). Would come out to the same price as the 3D Vision bundle but you get 2 glasses and the software.

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”