What Would You Have Done?

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

What Would You Have Done?

Post by Neil »

What would you have done?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/090224/o ... ng_offbeat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would you tell, withdraw, spend...?

Regards,
Neil
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Re: What Would You Have Done?

Post by BlackShark »

Unless you can get the cash and run away (far far away), whatever you do with the money will be cancelled by the bank and the international bank association as soon as they discover the mistake (i don't know it's name but i know there is one). They can do it easily since they can prove very easily the mistake.
If they don't notice it, the legal procedure in my country is that you have to declare it to the police, and if nobody claims it for three years it's yours.

I would probably have not told anything and taken a picture of my screen every day to see how long it takes them to notice. Shouldn't be very long, bankers have automated software that monitor bank accounts and trigger notices so that your local bank manager can present you with the bank services if you have funds.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
budda
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by budda »

Hi,

Now that its public news, its all over.

I would have been worried that some criminal organisation has done this as a money laundering exercise.

That knock at the door could be an offer that you cannot refuse ...... :shock:
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I read the article the other day. Here's a swedish article with pictures on her as well as the account on aftonbladet. :D http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article4498956.ab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In Sweden you're not guilty to report what happened but since the money aren't yours you aren't allowed to spend them either. I don't know if any rules give you the right to the money after some specific time though. The best shot to make a decent sum of money of this (legally even) could be reporting to the police and try retrieving a "finders fee". In my country it's by law 10%. :D That's still alot of money! :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I would go buck-wild and buy all sorts of wild stuff starting with this jet-pack:
http://www.break.com/index/amazing-new- ... -pack.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Discussion”