silver screen

febrian_kurnia
One Eyed Hopeful

silver screen

Post by febrian_kurnia »

Anybody can help me
i'm looking for silver screen

any reference where i can buy it, and anybody can give me some information, about the type and price

thanks in advanced :D
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

hi there! welcome to the board.. :)

i bought my silverscreen at silverfabric.de. the prices are quite high if you want it framed. i dont remember exactly but it was above 1200 euro with the frame.. if you want only the foil, and then attach it yourself where you want, then it is around 350 euro.

there are several other companies, and in the diy section there is a thread about passive projection where a user compares the various companies and prices. if you want a good solution for an affordable price i reccomend this company. if you want a top class solution for a higher price then check out that thread.. :)

hope this helps..

cu

igor
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Here's a list of screen materials that preserve polarization that I know.

Silver 3-D from Stewart
Silver Vision from Da-Lite
Silver Matte from Da-Lite
SilverFabric Silver 3D from silverfabric.com
ST-Power-Screen-3D from Screen-Tech

Usually, you can ask those companies by email to send you a sample. Most of them do it for free, some ask you to pay the shipping. I have a sample of all those screens. I also bought a screen. It's Da-Lite Deluxe Model B, 43" x 57", Silver Matte.

All polarization preserving screen sparkle a bit, some more than others, some not much. That sparkling is annoying to see. If you plan on using the screen in 2D, you want as little sparkling as possible. Some materials have a smaller viewing angle than others.

I chose to go with a Da-Lite screen because it was one of the least expensive. I chose the Silver Matte material because the Silver Vision sparkled a lot more.

Each type of material can usually be used with a few different screens frames. Some materials can be rolled and others can't. Some materials are made of some kind of fabric and others are painted on acrylic.

Usually, the cheapest screens are those that can be rolled manually. Screens rolled electrically and screen that don't roll are usually much expensive. On top of that, if the screen does not roll, it means that it will probably be delivered in a big box and the shipping may be more expensive. Some screen companies are in the US and others in Europe. That has an impact on the shipping price.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

febrian_kurnia
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by febrian_kurnia »

tahnks for the info guys
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I can also recommend silverfabric even if i have not tested any others. According to Jahun he did see the structure of the screen when projectors are lit. I on the other hand don't see it because the pixelation of the projectors totally drown this.

cheers
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
clyde
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: silver screen

Post by clyde »

Hi All,
This forum has grown since I first heard about it! ( a long while ago). Anyhow I had to re-register to post.

I'm surprised no one has looked into Goo Systems ScreenGoo for their silver screen paint?
This way you can paint your whole wall if u like for 3D gaming ;)

http://www.goosystems.com/news/48/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Clyde DeSouza
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Lol! or like a whole room with holes only for the projectors. Nice find! :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Screen Goo makes a Paint like substance you paint on a Screen. You can go rolled or Spray.. they make Special 3D Paint check it out here:

http://www.goosystems.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I used "ScreenGoo" for my 45" screen and Single DLP Projector Looks Great..It is in 3D Very immersive..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
clyde
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by clyde »

:D
Didnt I just post the same thing two posts ago? :)
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

clyde wrote::D
Didnt I just post the same thing two posts ago? :)

Umm Sorry Did not see that but hey we are on the same page ;)
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”