One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Nvidia driver source code acquired by hackers

Post by TsaebehT »

One can only hope... :lol:
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

As much as I think Nvidia deserves it, at this point. Pretty sure no one wants a lawsuit on their hands, unfortunately. and I wouldn't expect or want anyone to put themselves at that kind of risk.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

this is becoming less and less the case...
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

bo3b directly asked NVidia to share this code in the past - and they refused. In fact, I believe NVidia delayed pulling 3D Vision capabilities a little because of bo3b’s and the rest of this community’s interest and incredible work. If this community suddenly had unauthorized driver code, NVidia would certainly want to stop its use and reclaim the code, and to pursue known individuals capable of utilizing this code, like bo3b. MTBS is not the Dark Web…

The hackers appear to be focused upon getting around Nvidia’s hash rate limiter, anyway.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

It is a shame Nvidia did not do the right thing (legal or not), and now they don't let other people do what they don't know how to do (or just they don't want to do).

Promising a feature of an expensive product and suddenly remove it... that was not ilegal. And now the same affected people trying to give sense to the product... that is ilegal.

What a nice world.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Though unlikely, I have wondered if Nvidia might maintain an in-house driver that still contains 3D Vision dx11 necessities
for testing purposes.

Or for employees only that are using VR, HelixVision, VK3D Vision and 3DMigoto on the latest drivers :P
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

lol

"Basically, if this law passes, Russia would wave any criminal or civil penalties involved with pirating software so long as it's from one of the companies that have supported the sanctions."

https://www.pcgamer.com/russia-consider ... tech-bans/
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”