Don’t forget to bribe Nvidia

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Don’t forget to bribe Nvidia

Post by genetic »

Hey TD visor people. I just wanted to remind you that you need to do some kind of magical ass kissing to Nvidia to get temporary driver support from them when you launch the HD TDvisor.

I haven’t had too much experience with it but I am leaning toward the conclusion that the IZ3D driver may not be the best solution for non IZ3D products (however I love them for their efforts)

So get with the bribing. I know it is demeaning but it’s just like starting a business in many parts of the world, paying off the organized crime is to be expected.

And launch the HD visor already! :D
Segya
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Don’t forget to bribe Nvidia

Post by Segya »

What's wrong with IZ3D drivers?

I have to second that part about the HD visor though, at least hand out some prototypes.
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

Has anyone goten it to work with a HMD yet?

I remember some time back that Neil did however his story about how to do so was long and Discouraging. I am reaching with this one but I also got the impression that the S-3D that he did get was nothing to write home about.

With the old Nvidia drivers, I may be stuck with old games but the are mind blowing.

For my eyes, I was never more than just mildly impressed with S-3D until the day I got it working on my Z800 HMD.

So if anyone with a TD visor has had a good gaming experience with the IZ3D drivers, please post it here.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I really don't know what you are talking about.

The imagery on the TDVision with the iZ3D drivers was as good as you get with the iZ3D monitor. It's just a change of display technology. Why were you discouraged?

Regards,
Neil
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1930

I sead i was reaching but the two page thread on how to get it working with very little to no coments on how it looks made me think that it want worth comenting on.

but clearly I was wrong. :D

so, how many of you have tested an HMD with the IZ3D drivers? Coments?
stee1hed
Cross Eyed!

Post by stee1hed »

Neil wrote:The imagery on the TDVision with the iZ3D drivers was as good as you get with the iZ3D monitor.
I've had a 22" iZ3D monitor (early 2008 version) and my TDVisor picture blows it away using the iZ3D driver in regards to ghosting and immersion (my opinion of course). As stated in another thread I've tried Stalker and TM Nations Forever with fantastic results. Far Cry currently does not run. I haven't had a chance to do other testing yet.
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

Thats good to hear. Maybe we wont need Nvidia after all.
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

The advantge of the TDVisor over the z800 is its dual input. There is no need to sync with 2 alternating perspectives, hence the iz3d works perfectly.
If iz3d is really negotiating with ATI then maybe they'll give to iz3d staff the secret key to synchronization at hardware level and we will be free from nvidia without the need to switch to tdvisor in the short term.
Free, but... at which price?
Last edited by crim3 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

crim3 wrote:The advantge of the TDVisor over the z800 is its dual input.
Are you sure? I thought there were dual input z800's available and even upgrade OEM kits for DIY kinda guys.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=du ... 0&aq=f&oq=

I really don't understand the fascination with this product however when their own company has killed thier own support forums, even all the hate for Nvidia you can still go to their support forums and read old posts correct? Emagin has to be the worst example of customer friendly support that I have experienced in recent memory.

http://www.tekgear.ca/index.cfm?pageID= ... ection=103
The O3 delivers increased video performance in the 2D and frame sequential video modes than the standard factory boardset and adds dual input support for separate left and right video channels. Support for the the Z800's 6 DoF tracker has been disabled but the Z800 will support a wide variety of 3rd party trackers from Intersense and Ascension.

Certainly any geek z800 owner worth his salt could get the parts and make his own cheap upgrade, but that is too much work and effort and time, much better to make silly complaints to tdvisor folks than do for yourself eh? ;)
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CarlKenner
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by CarlKenner »

iZ3D works fine on my HMD.
Copy this code to clipboard: 0o1rp5zk then go to http://mtbs3d.com/naw to register. Use the code for $5000 startup bonus, and to support Gaza.

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”