TR2N News and Dolby 3D Podcast

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

According to Slashfilm.com, Disney’s TR2N or updated TRON will be produced in stereoscopic 3D. The original TRON from 1982 was about a programmer who gets sucked into the insides of a computer, and has to find a way out as part of the programming code. A young Jeff Bridges had to survive disk throwing video games, 90 degree turning race tracks, and a lot of digital wheeling and dealing to make it to the end of the movie.

I saw it as a kid, and it still sounds a bit far fetched, but hey! If someone out there can make it through the trappings of Microsoft Windows in S-3D, I’ll buy a movie ticket for sure.

A few days ago, MTBS reported about a Dolby podcast talking about their stereoscopic 3D cinema solution (Dolby 3D). However, we failed to include the URL to the actual MP3 file! Click HERE[/b] to download it and jump to the 11 minute mark for the stereoscopic 3D discussion with Jeff McNall, the Cinema Product Manager for Dolby Laboratories.

There is a major initiative cooking featuring the involvement of multiple companies and game developers - and it’s all based on MTBS member ideas and feedback. We will keep you posted.
Read full article...
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

According to Slashfilm.com, Disney’s TR2N or updated TRON will be produced in stereoscopic 3D. The original TRON from 1982 was about a programmer who gets sucked into the insides of a computer, and has to find a way out as part of the programming code. A young Jeff Bridges had to survive disk throwing video games, 90 degree turning race tracks, and a lot of digital wheeling and dealing to make it to the end of the movie. I saw it as a kid, and it still sounds a bit far fetched, but hey! If someone out there ...

Return to “MTBS News”