Anybody Made Gestures with wiimotes like in glovepie?

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
Toasted_Toasty
One Eyed Hopeful

Anybody Made Gestures with wiimotes like in glovepie?

Post by Toasted_Toasty »

So i just moved over to freepie after finding out that glovepie has died since i last used it. i am using freepie in a similar was to konstantin lozev in that im using it for my google cardboard. i mainly want to use it for skyrim as its a great game for vr but i want to go the extra mile by using gestures for leypresses rather than pressing a on the wiimote. i knwo that glovepie had gestures like lunge and stab that worked quite well and i heard a few things in forum posts a couple years ago about this being made for freepie so has anyoe done it yet? if you have or know how to please reply and help me out. thanks
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Anybody Made Gestures with wiimotes like in glovepie?

Post by CyberVillain »

Nothing currently implemented no, be my guest and add it :D
konstantin_lozev
Cross Eyed!

Re: Anybody Made Gestures with wiimotes like in glovepie?

Post by konstantin_lozev »

Hi, I saw my name so feel obliged to respond :) Depends what you want to achieve, if it is simple gestures triggered by high acceleration on one of the axes, or keeping the wiimote still, it's pretty easy. If you want to do advanced gestures and allow people to set up their own gestures, this is the way to go http://www.google.be/url?sa=t&source=we ... ulnopgyp_g
or google for "uwave accelerometer based tracking".
The essence is that you make first quantization, i.e. you average the accelerometer readings so you have a more discrete set of readings and then use statistical methods to analyse how the function of the readings compares to the built-in template gesture. That's in theory, in practice, it is a wholly different story. If you are into it, I may try and help so we come up with something interesting, but I am so behind on my other projects.

Return to “FreePIE”