[HELP] Problems with Skyrim and Mirrors Edge

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Gelan008
One Eyed Hopeful

[HELP] Problems with Skyrim and Mirrors Edge

Post by Gelan008 »

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased an oculus rift DK1 and I have been having problems trying to make it work in Skyrim and Mirrors Edge. I've done these steps:

Skyrim: Enable stereo shadows and remove the rolling/sliding exterior shadows by finding "SkyrimPrefs.ini" in "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim" and setting "bDeferredShadows=0" and "fShadowDistance=0.0000" respectively. Open the developer's console and use "FOV 110".

Mirrors Edge: Mirror's Edge: Lanuch "MirrorsEdge.exe" from "mirrors edge/Binaries". If that does not work, copy d3d9.dll and libfreespace.dll from Perception into the Mirror's Edge 'Binaries' directory.

I copied the .DLL files where it says, having started Perception.exe in Mirrors Edge, but game crash and in Skyrim the game starts, but before the menu appears the game get closed.

It has taken to me several hours trying to find a solution for Skyrim. This is the first tutorial that I have followed:

http://riftmod.com/how-to-skyrim-and-oc ... fixed-hud/

Then I uninstalled Skyrim and after that I reinstalled it once more.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”