I dont see games on 3D with vireio 2.0.0.3 and oculus

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
antfros
One Eyed Hopeful

I dont see games on 3D with vireio 2.0.0.3 and oculus

Post by antfros »

I see the same image in each the eyes with 2.0.0.3+oculus. Whats is the problem?
With the standart Vireio i see the games on 3D.

Help please I'm newbie.
nalex66
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: I dont see games on 3D with vireio 2.0.0.3 and oculus

Post by nalex66 »

Try playing with the BRASSA settings in-game (Left CTRL + Q). In the Overall Settings menu, there is a setting called IPD Offset which defaults to zero. Try setting it to half your IPD in metres (0.032 for the average IPD of 64 mm).

I don't know if this is correct or not (this setting is not yet documented), but it seems to help. I've been playing around with Skyrim and Fallout 3 trying to find the right combinations of settings for a proper 3D view.

EDIT: No, this setting isn't doing it. It spreads out the centers of the distortion projection, but doesn't change the IPD. I don't have a DK1 profile for VP to read, and I can't find a way to set my IPD. I'm stuck with no stereo effect. I tried editing the default value in the users.xml file, as well as the one in the config.xml file, but neither made any difference.
nalex66
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: I dont see games on 3D with vireio 2.0.0.3 and oculus

Post by nalex66 »

Apparently if you have the old Oculus DK1 config utility, you can manually create a profile and the IPD should be read from there. I won't have a chance to test this until tonight or tomorrow, but you can give it a shot. If you don't have the old config utility, look in your Steam folder and you might have it there...\Steam\SteamApps\common\SteamVR\drivers\oculus\utils\OculusConfigUtil.exe.

Edit: I can confirm that Vireio Perception finds the profile created with that utility, but I can't test the effect in-game until later.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”