Pinball FX II

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
budwheizzah
One Eyed Hopeful

Pinball FX II

Post by budwheizzah »

Now hear me out, this one is unusual. Unlikely to say the least, but if anything can be done it would be a cool experience.

The game now has just one issue to get OVR support in any way:
No mouse-look.... no free-look option whatsoever. This is where I'd be (correctly or not I am unsure) counting on VR Boost to enforce such support.

The stereo 3D worked in iz3D and Tridef; hoping Perception can pull that part off although I'll confess I did not attempt yet.

Why Pinball FX II? Well, 90% of current VR users are sitting at a traditional desk with mouse & kb. No motion controls. Pinball would be one of the most natural long-term experiences for VR and its simplicity would naturally come with full out realism. This pinball engine is already good enough that on a stereoscopic screen, after playing a couple of hours you start treating the game like a physical pinball machine... I can only imagine accidentally playing *way too many* hours of this game in VR. It'd be too much but I can't say I'd mind :-)

Fingers crossed.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Pinball FX II

Post by Neil »

I don't have this game. Maybe the other developers do.

Try the 3D first with the profiler. See how far you get with that.

Is the game designed to have some kind of free look ability with the mouse?

Regards,
Neil
budwheizzah
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by budwheizzah »

It only has a sort of "hold down key to pan around" type feature. You hold "C" and can scan over the table, but no pivoting/yawing mouse option in the game, no.

By the way the game is absolutely free on Steam... no one needs to buy anything. Catch? Free gets you only one table... but still enough to test.
I'll give it a shot at the basic level see what I get, but I normally fail miserably at running anything unsupported with Perception.
budwheizzah
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by budwheizzah »

Ok well not the result I would have hoped for.

I can run this in iz3D, Tridef and 3DV but with Perception... no 3D. No HUD. I set the HUD toggle key to F2 just to see it appear.
The only thing I get is the proper format output (in this case I am trying SBS) but the output is flat and I cannot change any values without the HUD.

See this is where I think I'm missing something. Where's the enable stereo like 3DV, iz3D and Tridef? By all appearances this should at least start by producing a stereo image... broken or not it should not "not work at all" if all three other drivers do it no problem. Until I find out what I'm doing wrong, I am not of much use trying this! It's like I fail at "step minus-one". I'm not even at step zero! :(

Can ya help? Again, game's free... I could use some help.

Return to “Game Support”