Vireio 2.0 Working great, except I get cross-eyed (oculus)

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Infe
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio 2.0 Working great, except I get cross-eyed (oculus)

Post by Infe »

Running Win 8.1 64-bit, and was finally able to try Portal 1 and 2 after a few issues. Had to verify the game files, then Portal 2 quit crashing. Anyway, it's running pretty stable and great, except...

The images aren't aligned correctly. I would have to cross my eyes to line up the images, and it makes it pretty much unplayable, unfortunately. The closer up images look pretty clear but especially background items are really way off. I've tried adjusting my IPD back and forth with the Oculus config util and it didn't seem to make a difference. I'm sure I'm probably missing something simple, so any help would be appreciated, thanks a bunch!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Vireio 2.0 Working great, except I get cross-eyed (oculu

Post by Neil »

In the overall settings menu, there is an option to reverse the images. It shouldn't be cross-eyed though. Let me know if this fixes the issue for you.

Regards,
Neil
Infe
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Infe »

Wow, swapping eyes did the trick and it looks amazing! Also impressive how smooth the game runs compared to the Oculus demos. Optimization really makes a huge difference...also I think the HUD elements were confusing my eyes at first. This makes me really excited for native big name games to start coming. Also, gonna download Arkham city and try that one tomorrow. Great job on the driver!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Remember to set the Skyrim GUI depth to -0.020.

Regards,
Neil
funkysmell
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by funkysmell »

yeah, I had the same cross eyed/strained eye feel. Swapping eyes fixed but now GUI is showing up cross eyed.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”