Skyrim Resolution issues and Mods Discussion

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
morbiddez
One Eyed Hopeful

Skyrim Resolution issues and Mods Discussion

Post by morbiddez »

Edit: The black bar at the bottom of the screen appears to be due to mostly how Vierio displays the image on my monitor and not what resolution it is in. Anyone experienced this and perhaps found a fix?

The biggest problem right now is that I can not view in native resolution because 1280x800 causes Skyrim to have NO menu or dialogue text, and also flicker violently both symptoms only observed while running through Vierio.

- Many thanks to anyone who attempts to help :D

Mouse sensitivity is Near flawless at a FOV of 110, Vierio is by far the best experience for the rift in Skyrim I have been able to find thus far. I love that I can look around at will while in dialogue, its just a shame that the game forces you to center your view when you initiate said dialogue..

-------------------MODS--------------------------

While I'm at it here, I may as well throw out a few more curiosities I have yet to see touched on another topic.

Anyone know any really good mods that could enhance the VR experience? My favorites right now are;

- The Joy of Perspective First Person Mod
- Voice Control - ACTUALLY SPEAK THUUM IRL TO SHOUT
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Skyrim Resolution issues and Mods Discussion

Post by baggyg »

Hi,

I also have the same issue running at 1280x800. I instead run at 1280x720 or 1920x1080 (of your machine is beefy enough). You get a little skewing on the roll but is better than no menus! 1280x720 probably the best.

Regarding black bars try using the Distortion scale in the in-game Brassa menu (Other Options). Increase this a little until it fills the whole view.

Regarding the dialog having to be centered try running the GUI version that isn't set at full (I.e. small). For me the full version skews whereas smaller ones don't. You can edit the size of each setting and set up a hotkey to switch between these. These "should" always be centered. I usually go with a small for navigating / seeing health, and a large for viewing menus etc.

Hope that helps.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Skyrim Resolution issues and Mods Discussion

Post by Neil »

What if you made the Rift the primary, and turned the other display off entirely. I know it would be a bit of a pain to launch games, but I wonder if this woudl work for you.

Another option is there are Rift launchers that may work with this too.

Regards,
Neil

Return to “Development / General Discussion”