Vireio 2.0: D3D9 error

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
ebsbow
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio 2.0: D3D9 error

Post by ebsbow »

Hope you don't mind me starting this topic, but I guess we will get lots
of comments on this.

So far I was not able to run any game using the new drivers.
Dear Ester acted strange, with the text unreadable small. It runs fine with the previous version.
All others, that I have tested, give the same error on the new dll that's in the directory.

The system I use is an win8 x64, latest nvidia drivers(+stereoscopic drivers)

If anyone els if having this problem please post them here.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Vireio 2.0: D3D9 error

Post by Neil »

Ok! I don't have Dear Ester, so I didn't have the chance to test it. However, here are some pointers:

This looks to be a "source" engine game. That's a good thing. If you adjust the HUD or the GUI settings, you should see that the menu system changes size. The problem is that the sizing for the menu system may be different for the game. So once you know if the HUD/GUI reacts to the sizing adjustments, you can set up a hotkey to switch between them. More than that, the hotkey can be appropriate for when the scenario comes up. So let's say we know the menu appears when you hit ESC, you can have a sizing profile attached to the ESC key. Meanwhile, you can set another sizing profile for in-game experiences. It's in the manual, so that should be helpful.

I'm not sure about the D3D9 error. Try copying the DLL files from the Vireio drivers to the game's EXE directory. Remember to run the Vireio Perception EXE as well - you can't do one without the other in cases like this.

Regards,
Neil
ebsbow
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vireio 2.0: D3D9 error

Post by ebsbow »

Thanks for the reply, Neil.
As suggested in the first post, the new dll's are in the correct directory's.
Just tested it again with Unreal Tournament 3 and get the same type of errors.

Example of an fault:(there are others)

Code: Select all

General protection fault!

History: ProxyHelper::SaveProfile() Address = 0x6ef1698f (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\d3d9.dll]
BaseDirect3D9Ex::operator=() Address = 0x6eee44ed (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\d3d9.dll]
BaseDirect3D9::RegisterSoftwareDevice() Address = 0x6eeebbe5 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\d3d9.dll]
Fnx_Gamers_FreeWord() Address = 0x1592952  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe]
Address = 0xc64683   (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe]

Could be an nvidia driver thing in combination with the new dll's.
Anyway, i'll check the manual again for the ingame text.

Thanks

Return to “Development / General Discussion”