Adding new games

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
OutatimeTV
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Adding new games

Post by OutatimeTV »

@RCkanki

Nice! Thank you! :D
I own LFS S2 and I will try it when my Rift is here. ;)
daggey
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by daggey »

Check this out for the description of how to get Blood Dragon running with vireio.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... reio_head/
nikropht
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nikropht »

Got Crysis2 kinda working...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSkgQmRB2Uk

Copy vireio dlls to game exe directory

Add these to profiles

<profile game_name=”Crysis 2″ game_exe=”Crysis2.exe” game_type=”601″ separation=”0.00357999″ convergence=”0″ swap_eyes=”false” yaw_multiplier=”27.475″ pitch_multiplier=”25″ roll_multiplier=”1″ />
<profile game_name=”Crysis 2″ game_exe=”Crysis2Launcher.exe” game_type=”601″ separation=”0.00357999″ convergence=”0″ swap_eyes=”false” yaw_multiplier=”25″ pitch_multiplier=”25″ roll_multiplier=”1″ />
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Nice one!
RCkanki
One Eyed Hopeful

Vireio Perception with Live for Speed

Post by RCkanki »

Vireio Perception with Live for Speed
https://www.dropbox.com/s/siooq2n1kp...Perception.zip
Exitract to somewhere, copy "bin/d3d9.dll" and "libfreespace.dll" to game's directory.
Run perception.exe, 'Oculus Rift' 'NO tracking'

DX8 to DX9 converter
http://enbdev.com/download_convertor_dx8todx9.htm
Extract files from archive in to the game's directory.

Opentrack with Hydra
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rack_hydra.zip
without (just rotational tracking)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../opentrack.zip
Run opentrack.exe, Tracker source 1st:Rift, Filter:none, Game protcol:Free Track 2.0, Click Start button.

Run LFS.
ukfilmer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ukfilmer »

Shift 2: Unleashed kind of works.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg1mNbeRJPM

-----------------

Using VIREIO for the rift warp, and FaceTrackNOIR for head tracking with "Shift 2 Camera Control" to provide trackIR support and POV adjustment.

3D does not work unfortunately, when you try to adjust depth objects start glitching.

Also the tracking done this way is a little laggy, must be Shift 2 camera control as FaceTrackNOIR doesn't show any lag in Dirt 2.

This thread is a similar method.

VIREIO dll's must be placed in the shift 2 directory, run everything as admin.
Leahy
Cross Eyed!

Post by Leahy »

Anybody try Alice Madness yet? After copying the dll's it loads up fine and the 3D looks great in the intro however as soon as you start to play each eye flickers/tilts independently whenever you move your character basically rendering the game unplayable. Has anyone encountered such a problem or can suggest a solution?
dariusu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dariusu »

Fallout 3 (not steam version) will start just by copying the .dlls into its main directory and adding it to the "profiles" xml. The title screen and intro video look ok, but the video freezes when it tries to switch into the actual game. Can't see anything, but the cursor can still select and click on stuff.

Fallout NV doesn't show any video at all but there is still sound and things can be clicked. "Disabled" option on Vireio brings back video.
taeralis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by taeralis »

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare was simple enough. Its executable name is UDK.exe, same as Antichamber's and, I'm sure, a ton of other games', so I unnecessarily made it a new profile before realizing that this was the case. (Right? Since Antichamber came first in the file, Vireio just latched on to that profile entry and ignored mine?) Copy DLLs, do NOT run from directory (I run from my Steam list) or it'll double-hook (well, it did for me). Oh, and go into Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini and either set bSmoothFrameRate to FALSE or change MaxSmoothedFrameRate to 124 (from the default of 62) or above. MaxSmoothedFrameRate works as an FPS cap while bSmoothFrameRate is TRUE, and Vireio's one-eye-then-the-other approach (using the version from vire.io) confuses the Unreal engine, capping effective FPS at half the set value. Same thing needs to be done with the "engine" INI of every UE3 game I've tested -- Mirror's Edge, TERA, Q.U.B.E., Tribes: Ascend, etc. In fact, adding full compatibility for any of those is as simple as copying Antichamber's (Though it has a game_type of 200 and I used 202 for my other UE3 games -- not sure if this would make a difference) profile line, changing the game and exe names, and copying the DLLs over. And Q.U.B.E., like Antichamber, is bloody terrific for the Rift, being generally slow-paced and focusing gameplay on objects very close to the player. And being white. Very white. White everywhere. What is it with first-person puzzle games and white?

Duke Nukem Forever (DukeForever.exe) is working with a game_type of 200, but not in 3D. Same with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Reckoning.exe -- and finally, a non-Unreal game in this post!), with a game_type of 10.
\0
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

daggey wrote:So I got Blood Dragon running. It's sweet as all hell.

I was running vireio as well as launching from the .exe and I think that was creating the quartering effect - I read somewhere else that that can happen. Anyways tried it without running vireio at the same time and bamm - we're good to go. Head tracking working as well.
WOW...wait...how??? I thought far cry was out of bounds because of DX11? Can you force it?

Do you think it would be equally well possible to get far cry 3 running????
vulkan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vulkan »

I have a dx9 flight sim request I'd give my left nut for: Aces High 2 ( www.hitechcreations.com )

The tracking works perfectly via an alpha of facetracknoir - but I cannot get the stereo/warped screen (even a mono warped screen would do).

Happy to pay a bounty of us$100 via paypal :D

(I've been playing AH for 14 or so years now, played it on a z800 til that died, then suffered a Vuzix 1200 for the last 2 years).
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

Post by lmimmfn »

vulkan wrote:I have a dx9 flight sim request I'd give my left nut for: Aces High 2 ( http://www.hitechcreations.com )

The tracking works perfectly via an alpha of facetracknoir - but I cannot get the stereo/warped screen (even a mono warped screen would do).

(I've been playing AH for 14 or so years now, played it on a z800 til that died, then suffered a Vuzix 1200 for the last 2 years).
interesting challenge, the only issue is the menus are invisible, i got to the second screen before you fly but couldnt figure out where the menu was to start you in the cockput, i would guess once you get past this it would work as a lot of games have screwed up menus but the games themselves work.
daggey
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by daggey »

Mattijs wrote:
daggey wrote:So I got Blood Dragon running. It's sweet as all hell.

I was running vireio as well as launching from the .exe and I think that was creating the quartering effect - I read somewhere else that that can happen. Anyways tried it without running vireio at the same time and bamm - we're good to go. Head tracking working as well.
WOW...wait...how??? I thought far cry was out of bounds because of DX11? Can you force it?

Do you think it would be equally well possible to get far cry 3 running????
If you look a couple of posts up I have linked to the r/oculus post where I outlined how I got it running. I don't actually have far cry 3, but i have blood dragon, so I'm not sure if the same process will work for far cry 3 per se. Blood dragon has an option to switch to directx9 in one of its graphics menus, so that is the first step. Then its just a matter of copying the dlls and making an entry in the .xml - and making sure you don't have the vireio.exe running cause you then get a quartered screen.

At least, that was with the older version of vireio, I haven't had much luck getting anything running under the new version yet.

Cheers
vulkan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vulkan »

lmimmfn wrote:
vulkan wrote:I have a dx9 flight sim request I'd give my left nut for: Aces High 2 ( http://www.hitechcreations.com )

interesting challenge, the only issue is the menus are invisible, i got to the second screen before you fly but couldnt figure out where the menu was to start you in the cockput, i would guess once you get past this it would work as a lot of games have screwed up menus but the games themselves work.
Really? Which version of vireio? Perhaps the Vuzix has polluted my system with d3d proxy dll's?
lmimmfn
Cross Eyed!

Post by lmimmfn »

vulkan wrote:
lmimmfn wrote:

Really? Which version of vireio? Perhaps the Vuzix has polluted my system with d3d proxy dll's?
I used the 1.5beta, copied the 3 dll's to the game folder, its a pain in the ass to get through the first screen, i launched it as normal( without dll's ), and put a sticker on the screen where the menu item was to start, then put the dll's back, launched the game, ALT+TAB put the mouse pointer where the sticker was on the screen, then ALT+TAB back to the game and click. This loads the next menu, i tried the same trick but im not sure if the menu is offset in the second screen and if thats whats preventing me clicking on the button.
rincewind
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rincewind »

Any chance someone could look at BF2:PR support?

Return to “Development / General Discussion”