four EYES instead of TWO:DIRT 2+DIRT 3 (no xml entry extra)?

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

four EYES instead of TWO:DIRT 2+DIRT 3 (no xml entry extra)?

Post by Mattijs »

hey guys...i've got the four eyes problem too...never got the previous drivers working but that's because i hadn't copied the .dll i think.
I could try copy the old may 4th dll's and use the old ones correctly (it's strange how some people have to run as admin and add the dll's while others just have to open vireio) to see if that makes it go away...but i really want the correct stereo rendered like only the new drivers can!
The new drivers work for both dirt2 AND dirt3 BUT both games have four displays instead of two, one per eye.

It ISN'T because i have added anything in the profiles xml...it's the standard xml which just has one entry per game.
That does state both game_name and game_exe...but i think that's how they all are right?
The double xml entry problem has to do with the user adding a dirt profile from for example the one on reddit....right?

I am so close to playing my favorite games...it's not even funny...especially now they have the alternate frame thing sorted..AAAAAAAAHHHHHH
mr.uu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: four EYES instead of TWO:DIRT 2+DIRT 3 (no xml entry ext

Post by mr.uu »

If you see four views you have a double dll hook.
Remove all three or only the d3d9.dll from vireio from your game exe dir...
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

mr.uu wrote:If you see four views you have a double dll hook.
Remove all three or only the d3d9.dll from vireio from your game exe dir...
super...thanks...i'll try it tonight.
I'm a hardware engineer...wish i knew more about c++ and directx programming and the general software side of things.
Seems so simple..ow yeah...that's that .dll hooking the flow of the graphics twice so that's that...
I hardly even really know what a dll is :)
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

Post by Mattijs »

wow turns out it wasn't as simple.
I've got dirt 2 working with the new vireio driver but i feel like i've had to try out about every possible combination in the universe.
Dirt 3 does not work and keeps giving either four eyes or just mono even if it's the exact same procedure with exactly the same dll's doubled up or singled out
in the game folder.

Very frustrating beyond any logic...Trying for maybe 5 hours straight every possible combination...

At least i can run dirt 2 now with the new driver (the old one i've finally managed to get to work too but sometimes that blue screens, i wanted to compare settings...sadly when i added the tried and tested old vireio settings and added those to the profile.xml...even though there weren't any other entries for dirt 2, that started four eying on ;e too.). I've used the FOV changer tool for dirt 3 as people remarked elsewhere that that works on dirt 2 too and
i honestly don't even know if that did anything. My brain was so fried and nauseous that i gave up.

Back at it tonight.

Basically i can't get dirt 3 to work....but doing exactly the same i can now get dirt 2 to work with the new drivers but can't find good settings and with the old driver, but that gives four eyes again if i put in an xml enty even though there isn't any from the get go when you download the vanilla may 4th driver (and double entries supposedly give you the double hook four eye thingie).
blindboxes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by blindboxes »

Mattijs wrote:wow turns out it wasn't as simple.
I've got dirt 2 working with the new vireio driver but i feel like i've had to try out about every possible combination in the universe.
Dirt 3 does not work and keeps giving either four eyes or just mono even if it's the exact same procedure with exactly the same dll's doubled up or singled out
in the game folder.

Very frustrating beyond any logic...Trying for maybe 5 hours straight every possible combination...

At least i can run dirt 2 now with the new driver (the old one i've finally managed to get to work too but sometimes that blue screens, i wanted to compare settings...sadly when i added the tried and tested old vireio settings and added those to the profile.xml...even though there weren't any other entries for dirt 2, that started four eying on ;e too.). I've used the FOV changer tool for dirt 3 as people remarked elsewhere that that works on dirt 2 too and
i honestly don't even know if that did anything. My brain was so fried and nauseous that i gave up.

Back at it tonight.

Basically i can't get dirt 3 to work....but doing exactly the same i can now get dirt 2 to work with the new drivers but can't find good settings and with the old driver, but that gives four eyes again if i put in an xml enty even though there isn't any from the get go when you download the vanilla may 4th driver (and double entries supposedly give you the double hook four eye thingie).
I feel sorry for not replying to this thread earlier despite knowing the answer. :cry:

Have you checked the profiles.xml for the dirt3 line? You should notice there are two entries (dirt3.exe and dirt3_game.exe) if you're using the guide from somewhere in this forum. Delete one (or comment out one), and you shouldn't have four-eyes anymore.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”