heli hell controls with xbox360 or remote control heli TX???

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Mattijs
Cross Eyed!

heli hell controls with xbox360 or remote control heli TX???

Post by Mattijs »

I fly model helicopters (mode 2 ).
Yaw and collective pitch on the left stick,
cylcic roll and pitch on the right.

Is it possible to mimic this on an xbox360 controller with heli hell?
I failed to get proper control and got quite sick possibly because i only have the rift since yesterday and appear to be very susceptible to these things...but also
because the heli wasn't even doing what i thought it would.

I also have my TX from my model helis which i can interface with a computer to be a 5 axis 4 switches joystick...will that work?
(i haven't tried because i have to look for the hardware that links pc and TX and didn't have time yesterday between vomit sessions :) )
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: heli hell controls with xbox360 or remote control heli T

Post by WiredEarp »

No, not in the version I have.

You can use an XBox controller, or even your RC transmitter (with the correct interfaces), but there is no 'roll' axis control, only a key for roll. This unfortunately means you cannot set up the controls exactly like a real (or RC) heli.

Anyone know of a utility that can easily map a joystick movement into a keystroke? I was thinking I could just bind 'left roll' on the stick to the 'left roll' key to provide basic roll functionality. Not as good as a proper analog axis, but still could be worthwhile.
mr.uu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: heli hell controls with xbox360 or remote control heli T

Post by mr.uu »

Return to “Development / General Discussion”