Bug Fixing

When you upload cross-eyed 3D images to our gallery, you can use the BBcode to make them viewable in native 3D in our discussion forums. Popular formats include AMD's HD3D, Nvidia 3D Vision, Oculus Rift, side by side, interlaced, anaglyph and more. Works with most leading web browsers on PC.

See 3D forum images in action!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Bug Fixing

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

As I mentioned before, the sView plugin for MTBS is a work in progress, and there are still bugs to chase and fix. If you are having any problems or quirks you would like to see fixed, please post in these forums so they can be taken care of. If you can include details about your 3D solution, browser and version, OS, etc. - that would be very helpful.

Thanks again,
Neil
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Bug Fixing

Post by Zloth »

I tried uploading a PNS file via http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/upload.ph ... le&album=4 but, after it uploaded, it announced that it couldn't handle PNS (or JPS) file type. I guess we need to rename these before uploading?

Before that I tried uploading via the Flash extension. It said the PNS files were too big. That's fine but it would be nice to know how big the files can be.
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
Neil

Post by Neil »

Files are limited to 1.5MB. Just rename to PNG. The old template warned to rename the files - I don't know why that warning isn't there anymore, we'll fix that.

Regards,
Neil
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zloth »

Uploaded a bunch. It's not too hard for me to rename my PNS files to PNG then use Irfanview to batch convert them to JPG. I'm not so sure everyone else will find that very convenient, though. Couldn't you just rename it when it gets uploaded?

It would also be nice if the default title for the image was the same as the image file name (as uploaded, so a comma stays a comma instead of getting turned into a 2c). And it would be nice to be able to pick default key words when uploading a batch.

When viewing the left image I seem to be stuck with just a smallish image that doesn't even fill a quarter of my screen. People without 3D would probably like a way to view the image full screen - or at least close to full screen.
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
Neil

Post by Neil »

Uploaded a bunch. It's not too hard for me to rename my PNS files to PNG then use Irfanview to batch convert them to JPG. I'm not so sure everyone else will find that very convenient, though. Couldn't you just rename it when it gets uploaded?

It would also be nice if the default title for the image was the same as the image file name (as uploaded, so a comma stays a comma instead of getting turned into a 2c). And it would be nice to be able to pick default key words when uploading a batch.

When viewing the left image I seem to be stuck with just a smallish image that doesn't even fill a quarter of my screen. People without 3D would probably like a way to view the image full screen - or at least close to full screen.

It's not so much the name. We have a plug-in that will allow JPS uploads. The problem is JPS cuts down on viewing compatibility for 2D displays, so we are discouraging it. It's more the space that's a concern. PNS files (as Nvidia defaults to) are huge, and we wouldn't have much of a gallery if the site was filled with huge files.

Let me look into the left view option to see if there is an option for that.

Regards,.
Neil
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zloth »

You can't run a quick script after the plug-in uploads the JPS to rename the file to a JPG? Well then, maybe a help file to tell people how to rename files? A DOS "ren *.jps *.jpg" does it for me but I don't think all that many people are as ol... <AHEM> as experienced as I am. Or maybe there's a way to do it in the Windows File Explorer that I don't know about?
- They Might Be Giants
Neil

Post by Neil »

Let me see what we can do with that.

Regards,
Neil
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I checked it out on
Zalman Trimon 22" 1650x1080 pixel with line Interlaced.

1)
Problem: All new pics are left right swapped by default (in crosseyed selection). If the Input format was changed to "Wall eyed" or L/R-Swap by default would be saved for new pics, too this could be avoided.

As far as i can see, it's the same for Browser Plug in and the actual Program.

The Result is' I have to click swap L/R each time I want a new picture (= I click on prev/next or new pick in Gallery).

2) can I get a "next" when in Gallery (in Full-Screen?)?
3) it would be cool if 3D and 2D Pictures were in different Galleries or would be auto detected (= .jpg vs .jps?)

PS: I still remember the version fro 2008 :D
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Wow! LukePC1! Haven't seen you in forever. How've you been?
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

I still have the same problem with sView: stereomiror are supported only via horizontal flip, but I use vertical flip.
Zerofool
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zerofool »

I have an idea. Wouldn't it be cool if it was possible to post links in forums (with thumbnails), that link to the gallery? I mean, it can be done right now, but it's not really user-friendly. What I mean is another generated URL, to share in forums/msg boards, something like "URL with Thumbnail" right under the "URL" line, and should be easily copy-able 8-). And the result would look like this one for example ;) :

BTW, I don't personally like the red border around the thumbnails in the gallery view, it doesn't fit the main theme of the gallery. Light blue, or light gray would be much more in tone, I think :P.

The next step would be the possibility to embed the sView player in a post, but that's probably too far fetched :).
Zloth wrote:Or maybe there's a way to do it in the Windows File Explorer that I don't know about?
Well, natively no, but there's a really helpful free app called Bulk Rename Utility, which has maaaany options (like enumeration, prefixes, suffixes, replacing symbols... and of course changing the extension). It also can be integrated into the shell menu of explorer. I use it mainly to manage my stereo screenshots :D.
nV 3DTV Play, Geo-11, Tridef on 2014 55" Samsung H7000 (aka H7150) @ 1080p60 Checkerboard-3D | Valve Index | RTX 2080Ti, i7-6700K, 32GB 3200CL14, 1+2TB SSDs | Win10 v2004 | DAN A4-SFX | G27
gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

Guig2000 wrote:I still have the same problem with sView: stereomiror are supported only via horizontal flip, but I use vertical flip.
Vertical filp is hidden from GUI. You can push F3 to activate it (F1-F12 keys are reserved for rendering plugins). I can not imagine the display that uses it though...
AMD FX-8350 / RadeOn HD6850 / ASUS Xonar D2X / 32GB RAM
ASUS VG27AH 27" (passive stereo, IPS) / Ubuntu 13.04 AMD64
sView (stereoscopic viewer) author
gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

LukePC1 wrote:Problem: All new pics are left right swapped by default (in crosseyed selection). If the Input format was changed to "Wall eyed" or L/R-Swap by default would be saved for new pics, too this could be avoided.

As far as i can see, it's the same for Browser Plug in and the actual Program.

The Result is' I have to click swap L/R each time I want a new picture (= I click on prev/next or new pick in Gallery).
Images should be uploaded in RightLeft order. There are no ways to determine the order the author was mentioned
so this should be just in rules. NVIDIA and iZ3D drivers store stereoscopic images in RightLeft order
thus this would be more natural to accept it. Advanced users (stereo-photo makers) can reverse it before upload.

It is also possible to disable enforced format so user can select it in program and it will be remembered for next images.
But this will be much better if images will be coherent in the gallery.

2) can I get a "next" when in Gallery (in Full-Screen?)?
Technically this is possible but unlikely will be implemented in near future.
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

gkv311 wrote:
Guig2000 wrote:I still have the same problem with sView: stereomiror are supported only via horizontal flip, but I use vertical flip.
Vertical filp is hidden from GUI. You can push F3 to activate it (F1-F12 keys are reserved for rendering plugins). I can not imagine the display that uses it though...
Yes!
Thanks a lot!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

The plugin works fine on my computer, but does the stand alone software of this release of sview is supposed to work (sview image and video viewers? Because in my case they don't works, the window just freeze.
gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

Guig2000 wrote:The plugin works fine on my computer, but does the stand alone software of this release of sview is supposed to work (sview image and video viewers? Because in my case they don't works, the window just freeze.
This information is not enough to understand actual scenario when program doesn't work. The current alpha has some known problems however 'the window just freeze' is out from this list.
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

I know, did not realized that you are Kirill Gavrilov. I was thinking that maybe the sview2011 alpha was just currently a plugin and that the normal software was still dummy.
So now with your answer I now know this it not the case.

I tried with 12.3alpha22 and 12.4alpha5 versions of your software.
What's happen exactly:
When I launch sview image viewer (via shortcuts into the start menu folder), a window appear: "sView - Dual Renderer plugin" with nothing into it, no menu, except a white background. If I move another windows of another app over it, the sview window is still displayed identically, without traces of the other app's window on it.
The second display overlay does not appear at all.
The sview window can't be resized, the arrow when the mouse is over the border of the window appear but have no effect.
On first times it just seem the window does nothing, no error messages. The window don't want to move. After few seconds and trying to select it multiple times, "(Ne réponds pas)" (I think in english it would wrote "Do not respond") is displayed on the side of the name of the window. And the window can be moved and resized.

It looks like sview is in a infinite loop state: On the task manager, I right click on sview then on go into the process, I can see that sView.exe take 25% of my quad core processor. If I set his affinity to one core, it use 100% of the resources of this core.

If I try to open a jps with sview, I have the exact same result, the window is not resized to match the picture I tries to open with it.

Same result with movie player.

If I set sView to anaglyph, then I get the same issue, but obviously with "Anaglyph Renderer plugin" into the title of the window.
Same issue with "autodetection", "Diagnostics", "Failsafe", "Movie Player 32bits" shortcuts.

If I search the files that shortcuts lunch, I found that they launch amd64 sview. I launch "stTests all", mutex and fillrate test works, but when the dummy window is displayed, I get a windows error message "stTests.exe has stopped to works". With the sttests that is in the sView main directory (32 bit I assume), mutex and fillrate works, there is no crash with the dummy window but it freeze with same symptoms than previously.

Same symptoms if I directly double click on the 32bit sview.exe with the "StWindows" name. WinXP SP3 mode changes nothing except that I have to use the task manager to close it.
If I double click on the amd64 sview.exe, there is simply no window displayed, the application seems to be closed instantly, sview.exe appear only a few seconds into the task manager.

My system:
Windows7 pro oem 64bit.
Asus P8P67 R3.1, core i5 2500k, 8Go RAM, no over-clocking.
nvidia GTX570, tried with 295.73(whql), 296.10(whql), 301.24(beta) drivers.
Asus xonar essence STX
Bitdefender internet security 2012 (tried in "game mode" and normal mode).
gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

Guig2000 wrote:Bitdefender internet security 2012 (tried in "game mode" and normal mode).
Very strange... did you tried to offload Bitdefender entirely (temporary)?
Any other influence software like iZ3D drivers installed?
sView was (re)installed clearly (uninstall -> install) or over existed version?
Also you may try to remove some outputs from 'StRenderers' folders (leave only StOutAnaglyph for example).
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

I did not try to disable heuristic detection on bitdefender prior to post.
After adding sView.exe and StTests on white list, it works fine.

I don't understand why my anti-virus does not like sView. I wasted time for something easy to find.

And sview is much more user friendly than stereoscopic player.
It just lack some help file for shortcuts and hidden features.
Last edited by Guig2000 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

Guig2000 wrote:I did not try to disable heuristic detection on bitdefender prior to post.
After adding sView.exe and StTests on white list, it works fine.

I don't understand why my anti-virus does not like sView. I wasted time for something easy to find.
Modern antivirus software becomes every-day problem to their users (yes that not only bitdefender, though I didn't heard problems like this).
You may report the problem to bitdefender support and maybe them fix the problem.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, I had this problem with IZ3D and Comodo. It made it so every single game (and other programs) would crash. However, in this case, adding IZ3D to the whitelist did not fix it. I had to uninstall the Comodo program. Kind of annoying.
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

Yes but iZ3D does D3D calls interception and code injection.
I can understand that an anti-virus detect the activity of iZ3D driver as something suspicious.

EDIT:
This time I report a real bug:
When using the vertical mirror output, the secondary window coordinates are not mirrored so that, it can be use only if the original window is on the center of the screen.
gkv311
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gkv311 »

Guig2000 wrote:This time I report a real bug:
When using the vertical mirror output, the secondary window coordinates are not mirrored so that, it can be use only if the original window is on the center of the screen.
Ahh... that was stupid misprint. Please try current alpha build.
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

I downloaded 12.4alpha16 and works fine.
Thank you.

I like sview. I use it now instead of stereoscopic player for S3D pictures viewing, but I still use stereoscopic player for S3D videos because they use some kind of video rendering witch is not affected by frame mis-sync between the two screens.
ceashure
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceashure »

Sview doesn't work desktop or in browser. I just get a white/grey screen for both.
₪ 3D Solution⁞ LG OLED 65" E6P, PSVR, HTC Vive Pro
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

Neil wrote:It's not so much the name. We have a plug-in that will allow JPS uploads. The problem is JPS cuts down on viewing compatibility for 2D displays, so we are discouraging it. It's more the space that's a concern. PNS files (as Nvidia defaults to) are huge, and we wouldn't have much of a gallery if the site was filled with huge files.
Hey, i did want to ask (yes, I am certain of the age behind) what you exactly do mean with compatibility for 2D Displays - I mean at first - watching a 3D Gallery at 2D ..... second you can simply switch to "left" view. Also it's been in the How to "Accepted image formats include JPG, JPS, PNG, and PNS. We recommend sticking to JPG and PNG if possible." So is there (still?) a reason jps is excluded? It would also help on the workaround for next problem.

EDIT2 - since the sview plugin (see below) is barely working anymore, I guess that does make no difference anyway. Except you don't mind the upload here given the size and want 2D/"still working 3D options" to be supported.
mtbsext.jpg
Further I do have a problem with the sView plugin (v19.08_28) and ... tried diff. firefox browsers. Is it still supposed to work? Well, you can also download the file, but well, see above. First you have to rename it for upload, and if you want to use nvidia pictureview or direct open with any 3D Picture Viewer while keeping non-3D association to your fav. tools, you have to rename it back to jps.

EDIT: I did contact the dev. and it seems to be suspended, at least the main answer was:
Beginning in Firefox version 52 released March 7, 2017, installed NPAPI plugins are no longer supported in Firefox
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/npapi-plugins

sView installer still comes with unchanged NPAPI plugin,
but it has not been tested for many years as there are no more modern browsers supporting it.
The only good news I've found: it's somewhat working in Basilisk, but only if you do switch back and forth with sview's quad buffer.
If you want to watch few files, it's def. better to dl, rename and open them directly (no mater your 3D picture viewer).
mtbssview.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MTBS-Gallery”